★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Take control of a UFO with a retractable claw and destroy the puny humans! Terrorise them anyway you like: Toss them, crush them, abduct them - it's up to you.

Grabatron - where being evil has never been so much fun!

** Massive Update **
&#x2022 5 Ships: Scout, Mustax, Hornet, Talonator and XenoClaw!
&#x2022 5 Landing Zones!
&#x2022 Ship Upgrades: Speed, Shield, Crystal Attraction!
&#x2022 Extra Lives!
&#x2022 First Special Weapon - Alien Homing Missiles

** Get the latest Grabatron news and have your say at facebook.com/grabatron **

Features:
&#x2022 Beautiful HD Graphics
&#x2022 Realistic Physics
&#x2022 Huge world to explore - both above and below ground!
&#x2022 Find hidden power-ups
&#x2022 Upgrade your ship
&#x2022 Over 30 different missions
&#x2022 Global Hi-scores with GameCenter
&#x2022 Both Tilt and Touch control options

Reviews:
"Crazy high replay value, Future Games Of London has delivered one of the best action games in the AppStore" - App Shack 4.5/5

Future Games of London's comments:
Tired of all the fluffy cutesy safe games that are awash on the App Store?

Need something a bit more edgy, something to bring out your darker side?

In that case Grabatron is the game that you've been waiting for!

The game is based on sci-fi B-movie 'Culture'. You gain points by causing as much chaos a destruction as possible.

There are 42 mini missions to complete with_in this physics based sandbox.

Interact with almost anything, discover hidden caves and bunkers where power-ups and upgrades can be found.

There are no rules, play however you like. The game is simple to get into but contains a huge amount of content and depth that'll keep you playing for a long time.

Click to enlarge

Enjoy!
12-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
wow! Game looks fantastic! Gonna have to throw down yet another buck today... hehehe... love the appstore.

12-08-2011, 09:26 AM
looks decent reminds me of the war of the worlds..

Looking for something new to replace my old games.. Total apps: 1500+
iPhone 3GS - OS 5.x
iPad 2 - OS 4.3.5
Don't just follow the trend; Set the trend. ಠ_ಠ
12-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Looks good, but I'm concerned about the IAP. $5 to upgrade your ship? Can this be done without IAP? plus $2 for Insane Mode and $1 for nukes... as good as the game looks, I'd want to know how these are structured before purchasing.

↪ GameCenter : Igoo
12-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igoo View Post
Looks good, but I'm concerned about the IAP. $5 to upgrade your ship? Can this be done without IAP? plus $2 for Insane Mode and $1 for nukes... as good as the game looks, I'd want to know how these are structured before purchasing.
It's made by the team that made Hungry Shark, so I'm sure the IAP will be pretty heavy. I expect this to go free relatively soon.

It looks very cool IMO...tilt controls only, I assume?

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
12-08-2011, 10:24 AM
hmmm... are there cutscenes in the game that look like the image at 0:21 seconds?
12-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Looks awesome, with some pretty insane action. Somehow reminds me of Super Mega Worm / Deathworm.

I am also curious about what the IAP is like, and especially on what the controls are like.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
12-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Looks awesome, with some pretty insane action. Somehow reminds me of Super Mega Worm / Deathworm.

I am also curious about what the IAP is like, and especially on what the controls are like.
Haven't checked out the IAPs yet, but you tilt to fly around, tap to let down your claw, tap again to let go of anything you might be holding...

There are calibration and tilt sensitivity options, but no other control schemes.
12-08-2011, 11:08 AM
k... as for IAPs;

You can buy 'Insane Mode' which gives you 'double points but the earthlings put up more more resistance' - costs $1.99

Then a 'Ship Upgrade' which gives you a 'massive armor upgrade, faster top speed, comes pre-equipped with power claw' - costs $4.99

And 'Nukes' - 'wipe out enemies in a flash with these handy nukes, 10 disposable nukes per purchase' - costs $0.99

These are the only upgrades you can 'buy' - but there are upgrades in-game - I just got an armor upgrade while playing my first game.
12-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Downloading this now .... if there is any delay to responding to people in the Football Manager Handheld thread, you can blame this app