App description: CHRONO TRIGGER has arrived for the iPhone and iPod touch!

CHRONO TRIGGER is the timeless role-playing classic developed by the "Dream Team" of DRAGON QUEST creator Yuji Horii, Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama, and the creators of FINAL FANTASY.

Featuring revolutionary gameplay and an epic tale of time travel and high adventure, CHRONO TRIGGER captured the hearts of a gaming generation, selling over three-and-a-half million copies around the world.

With CHRONO TRIGGER for iPhone/iPod touch, you can experience the timeless story and dynamic battles of this beloved classic any time, anywherewith intuitive touch screen controls making the experience smoother than ever. Venture also to the Dimensional Vortex and Lost Sanctum, two additional areas from the Nintendo DS remake of the game.

Journey to the forgotten past, the distant future, and even to the very End of Time. Whether you're a first-time player or a longtime fan, this epic quest to save a planet's future promises hours of enthralling adventure!

--------------------------------------------
GAME FEATURES

- Includes the two additional areas from the Nintendo DS version of the game:
The Dimensional Vortex: A mysterious, ever-changing dungeon existing outside of space and time. What wonders await you at its center?
The Lost Sanctum: Enigmatic gates in prehistoric and medieval times will lead you to these forgotten chambers. Meet the challenges presented to you and long-lost secrets may be revealed...

- Intuitive touch screen controls make it easier than ever to navigate this vast world of adventure.
In battle, slide and tap to select targets and cut through your foes!

- Graphics optimzed especially for the iPhone/iPod touch.

- Employ a wide range of "techs" to dispatch your foes in thrilling battles.
Combine the powers of your party members to unleash two- and three-person combos.
Over fifty combinations total offer players nearly limitless options in combat!
STORY

A chance encounter amid the festivities of Guardia's Millennial Fair in Leene Square introduces our young hero, Crono, to a girl by the name of Marle.

Deciding to explore the fair together, the two soon find themselves at an exhibition of the Telepod, the latest invention by Crono's longtime friend Lucca.

Marle, fearless and brimming with curiosity, volunteers to assist in a demonstration. An unanticipated malfunction, however, sends her hurtling through a rift in the dimensions.

Taking hold of the girl's pendant, Crono bravely follows in pursuit. But the world into which he emerges is the one of four centuries before...

Journey to the forgotten past, the distant future, and even to the very End of Time. The epic quest to save a planet's future makes history once again.

We have confirmed a bug that causes Chrono Trigger to sometimes close suddenly when played on an iPhone 4 running iOS 7.0 and later.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and ask players to please save often to avoid losing any progress.
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 4S or later. Requires iOS 7.0 or later.

Haruhi's comments:

Chrono Trigger - Official Trailer:

HD Gameplay Trailer:

12-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmakirby3 View Post
I can't wait to play this game for the first time.

inb4stormshit
omg! lol..

Didn't have a SNES growing up..so ended up playing emulator version in college. Then played the DS version. Great game. Makes me went to pull out my DS again. =D

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
12-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Well, this is exciting. The flood of big titles before the app store embargo is in full effect. I'm hoping that this is a sign that big titles are going to be popping up every day, not just on the "traditional" release day. This is going to be a blast to play on the go. I just have to figure out how I can make time to play them all!

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

12-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Didn't expect this so early. Can't wait to try it.

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo
12-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Alot of "Padding" went in to this game for sure, and with that i mean needless files to make it bigger.

over 500 mb when the actual game is 2-3 mb?

i guess the cutscenes in the game is really highres.

but this is only a iPhone game so the videos shouldnt take up that much space.

Im confused...
12-08-2011, 01:18 PM
YESSIR IOS IS COMPLETE....! Yes I spammed and it was worth it but damn 587 mb? Almost I 800 after compression I presume ..bigger the tactics..

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..
12-08-2011, 01:19 PM
HOLY WTF. when did this appear???!! i never finished the game. can you guys tell me why it's so great even though i'm getting it anyways?

Man December is the best iOS app month of all time!
12-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Very interested to hear about this. Never played it but have only heard good things.
12-08-2011, 01:27 PM
I dream an hd version!!

-----
On GC I am FPEX
12-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Bought in a heartbeat.

I don't care to think how many hours I've played this game in my life, all I know is that my 'breaks' may be longer than usual. And my feet may be going numb more often than is good for them.

I truly hope it's a quality remake.

Developer of Explodables.
12-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
I dream an hd version!!
Kinda doubt it. Secret of Mana, FFI and FFII never got an iPad version.

I am curious about the controls. Got a good ways into it on DS, and if the controls are close to as good, then this is a must-have.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind