★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: MixZle HD

12-08-2011, 01:52 PM
MixZle HD

MixZle is a fascinating game that will stimulate your creativity and challenge your logical skills in a captivating way. Easy to learn and intuitive to play, MixZle uses an accurate physics system to provide ingenious levels where the goal is putting the ball into the net.

Each level presents you with a different array of objects and tools that you must arrange to carry the ball into the hoop.

If you like puzzles and challenging games, then MixZle is for you. Containing over a hundred levels, this game will literally exercite your neurons.

Have fun with this HD version, exclusively for iPad.

Available on the App Store: MixZle HD and MixZle Lite HD

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Drix; 04-05-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Added link to MixZle Lite HD.
12-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Wow. Clean graphics and challenging puzzles. This is going to massage my brain quite a bit. Looks durn good.

Edit: Bought!

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 12-08-2011 at 09:52 PM.

12-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Looks good. Pity it isn't universal.
12-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Awesome, just awesome.

Everybody, go try the lite version for the iPhone and you will probably be downloading this as quickly as I did.

I've bought and tried Casey's Contraptions, Incredible Machine, and all sorts of similar games, but none of them felt right to me. There's too much freedom of movement and I always end up with some awful looking solution that never really feels like I did it right.

What makes Mixzle brilliant is that there are constraints on positioning of items because each item is attached to a block. While that may seem like it would make things too easy, they become complex in a hurry when you start factoring in the sliding blocks, having some blocks fixed in place, etc.

The end result is that it feels much more like I'm actually solving a puzzle than my experience with other games of this type.

Like I said, try the free version and see if it is for you.
12-09-2011, 05:01 AM
Well Done! Almost better than Incredible Machine!
12-09-2011, 03:20 PM
I will say I'm not a fan of the way the ratchet works to adjust puzzle pieces. They have to be next th the lever, so if you guess wrong on the angle you need, you then have to maneuver all the way back to the lever. Quite a pain.
12-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
I will say I'm not a fan of the way the ratchet works to adjust puzzle pieces. They have to be next th the lever, so if you guess wrong on the angle you need, you then have to maneuver all the way back to the lever. Quite a pain.
Misguided, thank you very much for both posts.

I understand your pain. Please, just see it as part of the challenge for while. The game works on a sliding mechanism and I'm afraid it will mischaracterize if I provide an way to locally rotate the tiles. Perhaps an option to save states would help... what do you think?

Thanks again.
04-03-2012, 06:41 PM
I was fortunate enough to get a promo code and this is a very pleasant suprise! The puzzles are interesting and the graphics are very clean and attractive.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
04-05-2012, 12:53 PM
MixZle Lite HD is available on the App Store.