★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Flip Riders is Re-Released as FREE For Holiday Season!

12-08-2011, 07:18 PM
#1
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, USA
Posts: 3,654
Flip Riders is Re-Released as FREE For Holiday Season!




Formerly POWapps/Agimat's excellent Flip Riders has reappeared in the App Store as free "for the holidays":

"Moreover, as a holiday special this season, Bad Juju Games has made Flip Riders™ entirely FREE to play with absolutely no annoying advertisement content for your download and gaming enjoyment!"

Take that as you will. Great game, and it does come back with a huge new update. Whither future IAP/ads/freemium? I don't know. But here it is for free, for now.
12-08-2011, 07:50 PM
#2
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Tel-Aviv
Posts: 2,298
excellent game! just be aware that it expands to a bit over 300MBs on the device.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
12-08-2011, 08:46 PM
#3
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
Whither future IAP/ads/freemium? I don't know. But here it is for free, for now.
This is kind of scary, particularly for those who already bought it. I hope this isn't yet another dev who goes from paid to IAP/ads.

I can't play it on my 2G unfortunately, but downloaded it for future posssibilities.
12-08-2011, 09:07 PM
#4
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Here
Posts: 1,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
This is kind of scary, particularly for those who already bought it. I hope this isn't yet another dev who goes from paid to IAP/ads.

I can't play it on my 2G unfortunately, but downloaded it for future posssibilities.
There are no IAPs I believe, and Im sure no ads, if you read it's app description...
EDIT: appears there may be IAPs, but I'm pretty sure this is a re-release, not an update. Been wrong before though... [it's under a new publisher]

I don't want a signature.
12-08-2011, 09:09 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue016 View Post
There are no IAPs I believe, and Im sure no ads, if you read it's app description...
There isn't now, but it's a fear that many even in the main thread on this are having since it's changed publishers.
12-08-2011, 09:26 PM
#6
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: North of Ohio
Posts: 777
Yeah, you only get TWO riders now, all the others are locked with the option to buy!