★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tweens for iPhones and iPod Touch released

12-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Tweens for iPhones and iPod Touch released

Hi guys

I have just discovered funny little game just released for iPad and iPhones! It is called Tweens and can be viewed from Youtube as 2 ingame play trailers:

Tweens iPad Game Trailer (2011):
http://youtu.be/MvXJHS8F0e8

Tweens Gameplay Trailer (2011):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbQ9v...ure=plpp_video

and can be downloaded from those 2 locations:

Tweens HD [iPad1 & 2, iPhone4 & 4S]:
http://tinyurl.com/cs5bq5p

Tweens for iPod Touch, iPhone 3GS...:
http://tinyurl.com/d7venss

Let me know what do you think
12-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Game Impressions

First off this game is absolutely beautiful! Menus, interface, game all wonderful to look at and slick as ice. To be honest, spent only a few minutes so far (at work now), but from what I have played thus far is very impressive. Fast action, multiple power ups, and frantic actions is a puzzle lovers desire. Any puzzle fan will enjoy this! I will add more details later this evening when more play time is invested. But from what I have played so far, I can highly recommend this title, one polished game indeed! Stay tuned for more details!

EDIT:
I cannot stop playing! All about quick reflexes and making matches, but needs to have an open path to the matching color. Power ups help and bonuses galore to assist you beat the clock. Highly recommended for any puzzle fan! Talk about rushed chaos, simply put hectic as hell, but fun and challenging at the same time. One of the best puzzlers, graphically, playability, and fun factor in a crowded genre in the App Store. Worth every penny and more!

Last edited by sugimulm; 12-09-2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: More play time

12-09-2011, 01:32 PM
I must confess this is not what I first thought of when I saw "Tweens"

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-09-2011, 02:44 PM
looks good, might check it out soon then

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB
12-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Game crashes on my iPad, so you may want to see if there is a fix. I left more detail in the iPad section.
12-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Game crashes on my iPad, so you may want to see if there is a fix. I left more detail in the iPad section.
Same here.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Same here.
Please can you tell me: what OS do you have, is it iPad1 or iPad2 and did you consider rebooting iPad before starting the game? It used to happen few times while you try to connect to Game Center. But it does not seems our bug.

Don`t worry if game crashes, there is update in preparation any day soon with some new features and hopefully no crashes, but to let us know track the bug, please describe as much as you can.

We can`t reproduce crashes here...

Thank you very much.
12-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnykk View Post
Please can you tell me: what OS do you have, is it iPad1 or iPad2 and did you consider rebooting iPad before starting the game? It used to happen few times while you try to connect to Game Center. But it does not seems our bug.

Don`t worry if game crashes, there is update in preparation any day soon with some new features and hopefully no crashes, but to let us know track the bug, please describe as much as you can.

We can`t reproduce crashes here...

Thank you very much.
It is crashing on both my iPad 1 and iPod Touch 4G, both iOS 5.01 and not jailbroken. These crashes occur even after a clean boot with nothing else running. On my iPad it usually crashed right as the game started (saw finger saying click here before going black and dropping me to palmtop). On my iPod Touch 4G I actually can usually make a couple of moves before the same thing happens.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
It is crashing on both my iPad 1 and iPod Touch 4G, both iOS 5.01 and not jailbroken. These crashes occur even after a clean boot with nothing else running. On my iPad it usually crashed right as the game started (saw finger saying click here before going black and dropping me to palmtop). On my iPod Touch 4G I actually can usually make a couple of moves before the same thing happens.
Omg. During programming we learned - anything we didn`t include - 120% won`t work... Thank you very much again for your time, we didn`t have iOS5 devices during the game making, all were iOS4.01+...

Don`t worry, everything will be all right, we test it soon on iOS5 devices and will make a fix. It is definitelly some memory leak happening somewhere, so next patch will have 2 things settled: lowering Tweens phone game size from 22.2mb to 19.9mb [so anybody with 3G can download it, without needing WiFi] and also this fix for iOS5 devices.

All best
Nick
12-10-2011, 05:10 AM
Hello everyone, I am the lead programmer of the Tweens development team. Thanks for your feedback, since we were just working on a patch we will definitely take the opportunity to squash this problem as well, thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I would like to ask anyone who experienced crashes - is the app that crashes for you "regular" Tweens for iPhone or Tweens HD? I would just like us to get our versions straight because the member BazookaTime seems to be having problems with Tweens HD. If that is the case please direct your comments to the Tweens HD thread on these same forums because we can't work on a fix if we are not sure about the version we are supposed to be fixing!

Also, for the two users that do experience problems, do you have game center enabled, and if so, could you please verify if the crash persists if you log out of game center before starting the game?

I will post in the HD thread as well and hopefully we will be able to pinpoint what distinguishes the users who keep having this problem.