★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Outer Court
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 6.1 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Great fun ... Amazing little pick up and play game that will stay on my phone for a long time ... Awesome job, highly recommended!" -CygnetSeven
"A fun gonzo platform runner with nice floaty aerial physics. It's fast paced and wild but fairly casual." -Undeadcows
"Definite 5 Star App ... great fun for a 2 or 20 minute play." -Peachpellen

This game is so fast, it has a slow-motion feature just so you see what you're doing! Meet Karate Girl, out for revenge against those who stole her father's Humpterdink sword. Frantically steer her through the crook's mansion with the goal to destroy as many valuables as possible, forcing Czar Memphris to give you back the sword. Extend your time by fully clearing a room, and try to push the score to new heights. This Jump 'n' Destroy game has endlessly generated rooms, so no two runs will ever be the same!

Features:
* endlessly generated random levels for infinite fun!
* a Universal game that runs on iPhone and iPad!
* tactical & action skills required!
* ideal for quick plays whenever you feel like it!
* easy two-button control: left thumb throws 1 bomb per room, right thumb jumps!
* discover the special underwater and tunnel scenes!
* grow your reaction skills and laugh at the mayhem you're causing!
* beat your best $$$ destruction score!
* put on different clothes for Karate Girl!
* view the gameplay video at http://youtube.com/watch?v=0HjF7HG5llk
* hand-drawn pixel art!
* meet Ninja Dog!

Run Karate Girl run! For any issue, please contact me, Philipp, at philipp.lenssen@gmail.com. And if you like the game, please review it and give it a 5-star rating!

Philipp's comments:
My new (free) iPhone and iPad game is out: "Karate Girl Destruction Run And the Quest for the Humpterdink Sword". The levels are randomized so there's endless running (and destruction) fun! You can destroy tables, vases, computers, paintings and more, and all will make your $$$ score grow! A fully destroyed room extends your time limit. Give it a try, and if you like it, please leave an app store review (and give me your feedback here).

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/karate-girl-destruction-run/id486428645?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HjF7HG5llk

12-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Looks interesting, (can't resist a good pixel or two) and I can't loose anything by trying.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80

12-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Thanks Cygnet, hope you like it!

See you in Manyland, an infinite 2d sandbox mmo we all draw together!
12-10-2011, 09:46 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Looks cool, thanks. There seems to be some IAP pending to buy gems to change clothes (perhaps other) for $2.99.

Last edited by undeadcow; 12-10-2011 at 09:51 AM.
12-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Game Impressions

I really liked the core mechanic. Unfortunately there just wasn't a lot to do. Over the top IAP which is also totally superfluous so may as well have been labeled "donation." Which is fine, but a 99c option would have been more reasonable.

Again, the mechanic is really good fun and well implemented. It just needs a game to go with it.
12-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
There seems to be some IAP pending to buy gems to change clothes (perhaps other) for $2.99.
Exactly. Diamonds can also be collected in the game. Changing Karate Girl's clothes is optional though. You can dress as Red Ninja, Black Ninja, Street Wear, Monk and more. I made sure you don't get highscore advantages when using different clothes though, as I think it should be a fun addition for fans but those who don't pay should not be in a game play disadvantage.

12-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Which is fine, but a 99c option would have been more reasonable.
Yep, considering that buying clothes really is just an optional add-on which doesn't affect gameplay mechanics (it will affect the visuals), I may indeed adjust the actual game download price to 99 cents or so later on. A bit like Jetpack Joyride, which is also paid but you can collect gold, or buy gold inside the app. Right now, I hope to spread the word and get feedback about Karate Girl. Curious about which highscore you managed to reach, though, and whether or not you found the underground and upper special levels!

Last edited by Philipp; 12-10-2011 at 10:02 AM.
12-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I really liked the core mechanic. Unfortunately there just wasn't a lot to do. Over the top IAP which is also totally superfluous so may as well have been labeled "donation." Which is fine, but a 99c option would have been more reasonable.

Again, the mechanic is really good fun and well implemented. It just needs a game to go with it.
Agreed, not as deep as say League of Evil but good mechanics and a lot of fun to play, a great pick up and play game to have around and free to boot, definitely recommended.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
12-11-2011, 01:00 AM
This is a fun gonzo platform runner with nice floaty aerial physics tha is a lot of fun to play. It's fast paced and wild but fairly casual. So fanI've enjoyed amfew frantic playthroughs. I agree it would be good if donation amount had a lower value option; the core game is worth $0.99.
12-11-2011, 07:09 AM
That's great comments guys!

I'd love if you could also add those in the app store reviews, it means a world!