★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Wind-up Knight by Robot Invader is a high-end, action-packed, 3D side-scrolling adventure game, and it's here to show you how games are supposed to be played.

Guide your Wind-up Knight through devilish levels--over 50 in all--to rescue the Princess from the clutches of the evil Black Knight. Run, jump, roll, and slash your way to victory. Not your typical runner game, Wind-up Knight is the type of challenging game you've been missing in your life.

Here are some bullet points all up in your grill:

Over 50 soul-crushing levels in four unique worlds.
Intense platforming action: double jumping, wall sliding, dive and roll, just to name a few cool moves.
Universal app with iCloud support and Game Center achievements!
New weapons and armor unlock as you play the game. Use the Armory to equip items and customize your character!
Original soundtrack by Josh Whelchel.

Wind-up Knight has been designed from the ground up by Robot Invader to provide a console-level experience for your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. The Princess hasn't got all day, download it now!

Note: if you are mega awesome it is possible to unlock all the levels in this game for free. If you prefer to pay a few bucks to unlock levels, that's cool too.

Note 2: If you bought Wind-up Knight before its price was changed to FREE on February 22, 2012, make sure to beat the first level before updating to this version so that the content you paid for remains unlocked.

"A success story from start to finish...Wind-up Knight has quickly skyrocketed to my list of favorite iOS games of 2011." - Tara Long, DESTRUCTOID

"Wind-up Knight is the cream of the crop of its genre. It's gorgeous, runs smoothly and is unfailingly punishing. But it's never unfair, and that's why I love it. 5/5 " - Nissa Campbell, TOUCH ARCADE

"Wind-Up Knight is a game I have no problem referring to as a Must Play. 4.5/5" - Rob Rich, 148APPS

strivemind's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
12-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Alright two things that worry me:

-the name Wind Up probably implies you can't stop and it is a go go go and avoid avoid avoid game
-the shopping cart in the first screenshot - what might be the IAP

12-10-2011, 09:29 AM
We've been expecting this for quite a few weeks now. Will probably be getting it later. Hoping for some positive impressions.

Twitter: @back2this
12-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Looking at this and zerotek. Would love some impressions!
12-10-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm really liking this game right now, it plays really smooth. The IAP are not necessary though as all they are offering are "notes" which are the currencies in this game. It's to purchase equipment for your knight, but it seems really easy to earn notes in this game.

I just hope this game offers an endless mode later on.

Edit: This game is in some serious need of Gamecenter integration as well.

Last edited by Aldex Oun; 12-10-2011 at 01:24 PM.
12-10-2011, 01:36 PM
The video is really nice but in my opinion the game isn't presented very well, there is only one screenshot and the icon doesn't look very stylish.. I would love to get this game but I'll wait for more impressions
12-10-2011, 01:38 PM

Nice One. Getting it as we speak. I`m having really high hopes for that small Boy.

Last edited by Sanuku; 12-10-2011 at 06:28 PM. Reason: HD Gameplay Trailer added.
12-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldex Oun View Post
I'm really liking this game right now, it plays really smooth. The IAP are not necessary though as all they are offering are "notes" which are the currencies in this game. It's to purchase equipment for your knight, but it seems really easy to earn notes in this game.

I just hope this game offers an endless mode later on.
And...you know already ? Do we have an endless mode ?
I'm intrigued.
12-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Early impressions after tutorial castle:

Plays really well, no lag so far (take this with a grain of salt, IBii started lagging halfway through)
Controls are responsive so far, but all I have is a jump button at this point.
Levels seem to be very nice: the tutorial is quite a decent length.

Now: more on the game. You are a wind-up knight, on a quest to save a princess! In the levels you will need to collect little... "keys?"... To continue moving forward. There are various obstacles in your way. There is a story, BT it's been very brief so far. I really liked the way it was told though, looks like they've added a dash of humor!

So far so good, I'm really liking it actually.
Anyone got questions?

EDIT:

Oh dear, the awful:
No multitasking.
No screen flipping either...

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.

Last edited by Echoseven; 12-10-2011 at 02:33 PM.
12-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Nice One. Getting it as we speak. I`m having really high hopes for that small Boy.
Hey Sanuku, video impressions are coming? Sorry cant jump the gun until Sanuku's videos