★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: For limited time download the app at discounted price!

Touch Arcade: "There is plenty of variety to the gameplay, taking you from shooting to platforming sequences, and even a bit of stealth. There are also some quicktime events and even a few puzzles. It's nice to see an action game coming from culture outside of the US/Europe/Japan area. As the first Unreal-based full-movement TPS, it's a promising start."

App Shack: "The graphics in Arrow of Time are done fairly well."

"Arrow of Time" is the story of a cop who gets involved in a dispute between a girl and armed men over an ancient sword. While he is trying to save the girl, he embarks on a journey which takes them back to the 13 century Morocco through a portal, where they have to overcome the enemies and find the sword.

Gameplay
- Third Person Action Shooter
- Platforming (including climbing , and jumping on the platforms)
- Gesture based Quick Time Events
- Puzzles and portal related gameplay

Features
- Innovative controls for an iOS game. (Jump, dodge,and climb by shaking the iOS device.)
- Various gameplays ranging from Third Person Shooter, to Gesture based Quick Time Events.
- Impressive music, and voice acting.
- Interesting story which will be told through cut-scene animations.
- Developed with Unreal 3 engine and works with following iOS devices: iPhone4 (or newer), iPad2 (or newer)
X- Motion based controls are not supported for iPhone3GS and iPad1

goiMot's comments:

12-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Just picked this up. All I can say at this point is that in some ways it's better than I expected; in others it feels like a throwback to the App Store circa 2009. I'll try to get some playtime on my morning commute and post more detailed impressions...

12-12-2011, 08:03 AM
I'll be interested to hear them. I almost feel obligated to drop the 2 bucks just on the basis of the trailer alone. It definitely makes an impression.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
12-12-2011, 08:30 AM
this looks so promising! Will get this later!
12-12-2011, 08:59 AM
I really want to play one of these type of genres but based from the trailer:

1.) Terrible voice acting.
2.) That does not look like Unreal Engine!

But the controls look good. Can't wait for impressions on gameplay!

P.S. Typo on "December" at the end lol.
12-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Got to play the game for about 45 minutes. I don't have a lot of time to comment, so let me keep it short:

Pros: Run smoothly on my 4S. Character animation is surprising good. Gun sound are strong. Movement and aiming are good. There is plenty of variety to the gameplay, taking you from shooting to platforming sequences, and even a bit of stealth. There are also some quicktime events and even a few puzzles. Level design is decent, orienting you to your goals without big arrows.

Cons: Once you get to the "Past," the environments are pretty repetitive. Textures are a mixed bag. Voice acting is bad. Lighting is inconsistent. So far the story is barely outlined ("We need that sword!" "Okay!"). The game uses tilt and shake for jumping and rolling respectively: it actually works okay, but some folks that's a deal beaker. Climbable ledges are inconsistent. Death sequences are non-existent (you get a Game Over screen and a "Continue"). Gameplay in general is very limiting: now you shoot, now you stealth, now you run. Some sounds seem to be missing (like breaking through a roof). Stealth sequences are annoyingly vague.

As with any small budget action title, there are also plenty of glitches. Most are minor (missing colliders) but a few are game breaking (getting caught on a ledge, for example). The game works more often than it doesn't, but it does require some patience.

It's nice to see an action game coming forms culture outside of the US/Europe/Japan area. As the first Unreal-based full-movement TPS, it's a promising start. You wish that the developers had twice the budget available to them. As is, it's an interesting curiosity, and not a terrible purchase at $1.99. I'm curious enough to play through it (I have no idea how long it is, but it doesn't feel rushed).
12-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Arrow of Time??

EDIT
***Thanks for directing me here, Didn't see it***

Last edited by rhljk14; 12-12-2011 at 08:49 PM.
12-12-2011, 08:47 PM
This looks like a pretty decent game. Looks like the developer put effort Into making the game have depth and a story. Would like to hear some more game impressions. ......
12-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Well, I beat it in about an hour and got the dreaded "To be continued ."

It kind of got sloppier as it got closer to the end, unfortunaty, so I can't really recommend it except as curiosity.
12-13-2011, 04:34 AM
Game Impressions

Need still a lot of fixing and should never have seen the light of the iTunes Store in it`s current Build. Don`t get me wrong, i'm not saying that this Game couldn`t become something great!

All i am saying is that the current Build need at least six more months of polishing to become what it was supposed to be - a great iOS Video Game.

I hope that the Developer takes the challenge and improve the Game since it would be sad to see it go down in the first Round.