Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 04-07-2012, 10:45 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthclaw View Post
Yeah they said Valkyria Chronicles wouldnt work on the forums, but i didnt have a problem..i think if you arent logged in and activated both systems on your account it will not work, you get an error code.

maybe they patched it in latest update. that would suck.
The games I mentioned have never worked, even through the PS3. The PS Vita isn't backwards compatible with all PSP games on PSN(yet.)

Edit: Like you mentioned it depends on your region, but in no region do all games work as of yet.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:45 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthclaw View Post
Just checked the forums..it all depends on where your located...uk/eu users have reported differant games not working useing backup method...they are working on a fix atm.
I think Hot Shots, or in Europe, Everybody's Tennis works.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:57 PM

Also as far as Pixel Junk Monsters..i thought i read somewhere , they were working on a touch capable version? PJM Encore?

This brings up another point...ive only transfered games i have already owned /downloaded to ps3.... I honestly wouldnt purchase any games not on the list. I think there might be alot of psp remakes for popular titles going the touchscreen route.. the turn based tactics games i own get a little frustrating after playing touch capable games on the new ipad.

And if sony was smart ,they would have a umd buy back program , and give us download credit for the digital versions.

Last edited by earthclaw; 04-07-2012 at 11:03 PM..
Old 04-08-2012, 01:59 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Well just got home and couldn't resist hitting buy on Disgaea 2 I'll prob regret it when 3 is available and tons better but I've just got an urge and I'm curious how everythinjg on PSN works.

First impressions are wow PSN is seriously slow to download from if it was using my full connection I could have it in a couple of minutes easily yet it's going to take nearly half an hour. that alone might be enough to make me reconsider going digital especially with the better Vita games over the 3gb mark.

edit: Game works pretty well, looks better than I thought although obviously not as good as an actual Vita title I found the bilinear filtering fast enough. Pretty happy another game with a very long lifespan I'm really not doing bad at all on that front.

I think I may use the rest of my credit up on Hustle Kings and Motorstorm RC and some of their DLC I was planning to buy a few more PSP games but I think Disgaea 2 will probably do me for quite a while and I don't really want to fill my Vita up with big PSP titles I've already played when there's Vita titles I haven't.

Last edited by Teknikal; 04-08-2012 at 04:05 AM..
Old 04-08-2012, 05:34 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Well just got home and couldn't resist hitting buy on Disgaea 2 I'll prob regret it when 3 is available and tons better but I've just got an urge and I'm curious how everythinjg on PSN works.

First impressions are wow PSN is seriously slow to download from if it was using my full connection I could have it in a couple of minutes easily yet it's going to take nearly half an hour. that alone might be enough to make me reconsider going digital especially with the better Vita games over the 3gb mark.

edit: Game works pretty well, looks better than I thought although obviously not as good as an actual Vita title I found the bilinear filtering fast enough. Pretty happy another game with a very long lifespan I'm really not doing bad at all on that front.

I think I may use the rest of my credit up on Hustle Kings and Motorstorm RC and some of their DLC I was planning to buy a few more PSP games but I think Disgaea 2 will probably do me for quite a while and I don't really want to fill my Vita up with big PSP titles I've already played when there's Vita titles I haven't.
If you haven't bought patapon 2 yet it's a steal at 7.99. It may not e the newest one but its one of the best

Last edited by Fireball926; 04-08-2012 at 01:58 PM..
Old 04-08-2012, 03:40 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
So I have some news to report back on DH:A, I just playd it on my lunch and omg its getting harder. I am at a point now where I am in a dungeon and ran out of potions on my warrior and have no money to buy more.... good lord I might have to spec into defense talents and such unlike the other DH games on IOS I just spent all my points in offensive abilities and was fine! This is on a warrior who wears armor and used a shield to, the other classes are going to be rough probably!
Not at all, as I wrote previously the Rogue is ridiculously overpowered compared to the two other classes. In fact, I made the terrible mistake of playing this game with the Rogue 2 times (Normal and Legendary playthroughs) first, it was so easy and fast, now I'm having a really hard time playing with the Warrior and the Mage, I feel I'm playing in continuous slow motion with underpowered characters

Edit: I'm not the only one, there's a favorite class poll in the PS3Trophies.org site for the PS3 version, Rogue has 87.5% of the votes.

Last edited by LucianOrb; 04-08-2012 at 03:44 PM..
Old 04-08-2012, 05:48 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Really enjoying Disgaea 2 to be fair I never really gave it much of a chance on the PSP as I always went to the original instead (probably because I'd levelled the characters much more) so it's good the Vita is giving me a chance to revisit it. I went the hustle kings, motorstorm route although haven't really played them yet.

I'm starting to like the fact it has a nice PSP back catalogue in it's early days it seems to run them perfectly from what I can tell maybe even a bit better than the PSP itself did.

I think I'm completely done buying games for a few months now I'll let the vita catalogue build up a bit and just play what I've acquired so far which is honestly plenty to keep me busy.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:42 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Damn, this wait for Mortal Kombat and Resistance is killing me.. I need something other than MGS Peace Walker and Hot Shots Golf to play.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:37 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

the nintendo 3DS is way better
Old 04-09-2012, 08:13 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
I think Hot Shots, or in Europe, Everybody's Tennis works.
I read a while back that everybody's tennis and motorstorm artic something were both taken off because a hole in or something in the code allowed for psp homebrew applications to run through it