Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 02-08-2012, 04:14 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I suspect supermarkets might be a good place to buy the Vita in the UK if you think back to the 3DS launch GAME were caught actually sending their staff undercover to purchase units to sell.

I think Sainsburys and Tescos will probably sell them under retail prices or with bonuses just to bring customers in

Right now I'd say Amazon is looking the best as well though
Old 02-08-2012, 04:22 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashead2000 View Post
Ok I saw this mentioned a few weeks ago but only on Amazon.com so thought was US only...

I was originally going to get my Vita from Game (already preordered etc) this is what I had chosen:
Vita 230
4gb card 18
Uncharted 45

Total =293

Then browsing Amazon earlier deciding on a case I saw that I could get the bundle Vita with a 15 game and free 8gb card!?! So I went on to order:
Vita Wi Fi
8gb card
Rayman
Total =233.99

Then I added on
Uncharted 37.90
PS Vita licensed crystal case 19.99

Plus 10.15 p&p to guarantee I get it all on 22nd Feb

Total I pay 302.03 less than 10 more and I get a hell of a lot more than I would have from Game

So everyone go cancel your I store pre orders and get on amazon lol
Is the bundle deal on amazon only for the UK? I'm the US and I'm not seeing a bundle deal on the vita product page. Such a good deal too want to give amazon my money
Old 02-08-2012, 04:31 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Isn't that basically the First Edition bundle? I'm looking at Amazon right now, and they have it: the 3G Vita, a 4GB card, Little Deviants and a case for $349. (And there may be more - Sony just announced a different 3G bundle with something like 250MB of free 3G and a download from the PSN, and they said that anyone getting the First Edition would be automatically upgraded. No sign of that on Amazon, though.)
Old 02-08-2012, 05:24 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashead2000 View Post
Ok I saw this mentioned a few weeks ago but only on Amazon.com so thought was US only...

I was originally going to get my Vita from Game (already preordered etc) this is what I had chosen:
Vita 230
4gb card 18
Uncharted 45

Total =293

Then browsing Amazon earlier deciding on a case I saw that I could get the bundle Vita with a 15 game and free 8gb card!?! So I went on to order:
Vita Wi Fi
8gb card
Rayman
Total =233.99

Then I added on
Uncharted 37.90
PS Vita licensed crystal case 19.99

Plus 10.15 p&p to guarantee I get it all on 22nd Feb

Total I pay 302.03 less than 10 more and I get a hell of a lot more than I would have from Game

So everyone go cancel your I store pre orders and get on amazon lol
This is the deal I got even though I pre-ordered way in advance of it, Amazon emailed me 2 promotional codes, one to claim the free 8 gig memory card, the other for the 15 game. Glad to see I got the best deal out there by luck!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:32 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I have heard it IS available on amazon.com but dont know how its listed-basically the UK deal was on the Vita unit page and under it where it says buy with other stuff for this price blah blah it had a rectangle saying Hot Pre order free mem card and 15quid game click here for bundle

And yeah emails went to ppl who pre ordered way in advance before 31 Jan with promo codes

So by far this is best deal out there by a mile
Old 02-09-2012, 01:05 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Army Corps of Hell got a 2/10 from Game Informer. It's basically a PSP game masquerading as a Vita game, and a bad one at that.

Unit 13 is a game developed in the same vain as the Club. Standalone missions with a scoreboard element and little to no story. I wish they hadn't done that. I could only stomach a few minutes of Resident Evil Mercinaries 3D. It made me want to puke. I just have no interest in this high scores/Leader boards/old school arcade format. Absolutely none. I couldn't care less where I rank on any leader board on the face of the planet. Plus, it's only Co-op. I'd be all over it if it was PvP. This is from the makers of Socom. PvP online was easily the most important aspect of those Fireteam Bravo games. I doubt anyone would have any of those games without it.

F1 2011 really does seem like a port of the 3DS version, although nobody has said as much. The graphics will obviously be improved though.

Dungeon Hunter Alliance and Ridge Racer are atrocities.

Asphalt Injection is a 40.00 port of a 0.99c iOS game.

Gravity Rush has no release date.

Underneath the surface, this launch lineup is relatively underwhelming, but I've been through this song and dance before. Don't expect too much for the software associated with the launch of most gaming platforms.

Last edited by dumaz1000; 02-09-2012 at 01:12 PM..
Old 02-09-2012, 02:25 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post
Army Corps of Hell got a 2/10 from Game Informer. It's basically a PSP game masquerading as a Vita game, and a bad one at that.

Unit 13 is a game developed in the same vain as the Club. Standalone missions with a scoreboard element and little to no story. I wish they hadn't done that. I could only stomach a few minutes of Resident Evil Mercinaries 3D. It made me want to puke. I just have no interest in this high scores/Leader boards/old school arcade format. Absolutely none. I couldn't care less where I rank on any leader board on the face of the planet. Plus, it's only Co-op. I'd be all over it if it was PvP. This is from the makers of Socom. PvP online was easily the most important aspect of those Fireteam Bravo games. I doubt anyone would have any of those games without it.

F1 2011 really does seem like a port of the 3DS version, although nobody has said as much. The graphics will obviously be improved though.

Dungeon Hunter Alliance and Ridge Racer are atrocities.

Asphalt Injection is a 40.00 port of a 0.99c iOS game.

Gravity Rush has no release date.

Underneath the surface, this launch lineup is relatively underwhelming, but I've been through this song and dance before. Don't expect too much for the software associated with the launch of most gaming platforms.
All launch line ups are always full of disappointments, as long as there's one or 2 good titles that's all that matters to me, I'm definitely looking forward to Uncharted, will also download a couple from PSN such as Superstardust and maybe Everybody's Golf, let's face it, the 3DS launch was underwhelming to say the least but the good games are slowly appearing now, this is how I feel the Vita will fare, great games will turn up eventually but it will take time.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:19 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasterico View Post
All launch line ups are always full of disappointments, as long as there's one or 2 good titles that's all that matters to me, I'm definitely looking forward to Uncharted, will also download a couple from PSN such as Superstardust and maybe Everybody's Golf, let's face it, the 3DS launch was underwhelming to say the least but the good games are slowly appearing now, this is how I feel the Vita will fare, great games will turn up eventually but it will take time.
I agree with you but dont forget escape plan, that looks like an good game. An I know it a port but Rayman Origins is a great game and should really shine on the vita's screen
Old 02-09-2012, 03:38 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAwesome View Post
I agree with you but dont forget escape plan, that looks like an good game. An I know it a port but Rayman Origins is a great game and should really shine on the vita's screen
Oh yes! I nearly overlooked that in all the excitement! I didn't really like the look of Rayman to be honest, if it gets good reviews I may change my stance on that, Escape Plan looks good though.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:13 PM
iPad mini 2

Unit 13 is a great game and much more Socom than the Club. The story is generic yes, and it is told while the stage is loading. But the mechanics are very sound and the game is one of the strongest launch titles in my opinion. I am having a lot of fun with this one.