Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #201  
Old 02-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Teknikal Teknikal is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Belfast N Ireland
Posts: 1,997
Default

I suspect supermarkets might be a good place to buy the Vita in the UK if you think back to the 3DS launch GAME were caught actually sending their staff undercover to purchase units to sell.

I think Sainsburys and Tescos will probably sell them under retail prices or with bonuses just to bring customers in

Right now I'd say Amazon is looking the best as well though
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 02-08-2012, 04:22 PM
SirAwesome SirAwesome is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashead2000 View Post
Ok I saw this mentioned a few weeks ago but only on Amazon.com so thought was US only...

I was originally going to get my Vita from Game (already preordered etc) this is what I had chosen:
Vita 230
4gb card 18
Uncharted 45

Total =293

Then browsing Amazon earlier deciding on a case I saw that I could get the bundle Vita with a 15 game and free 8gb card!?! So I went on to order:
Vita Wi Fi
8gb card
Rayman
Total =233.99

Then I added on
Uncharted 37.90
PS Vita licensed crystal case 19.99

Plus 10.15 p&p to guarantee I get it all on 22nd Feb

Total I pay 302.03 less than 10 more and I get a hell of a lot more than I would have from Game

So everyone go cancel your I store pre orders and get on amazon lol
Is the bundle deal on amazon only for the UK? I'm the US and I'm not seeing a bundle deal on the vita product page. Such a good deal too want to give amazon my money
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 02-08-2012, 04:31 PM
matthewwhatever matthewwhatever is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 204
Default

Isn't that basically the First Edition bundle? I'm looking at Amazon right now, and they have it: the 3G Vita, a 4GB card, Little Deviants and a case for $349. (And there may be more - Sony just announced a different 3G bundle with something like 250MB of free 3G and a download from the PSN, and they said that anyone getting the First Edition would be automatically upgraded. No sign of that on Amazon, though.)
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 02-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Rasterico Rasterico is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashead2000 View Post
Ok I saw this mentioned a few weeks ago but only on Amazon.com so thought was US only...

I was originally going to get my Vita from Game (already preordered etc) this is what I had chosen:
Vita 230
4gb card 18
Uncharted 45

Total =293

Then browsing Amazon earlier deciding on a case I saw that I could get the bundle Vita with a 15 game and free 8gb card!?! So I went on to order:
Vita Wi Fi
8gb card
Rayman
Total =233.99

Then I added on
Uncharted 37.90
PS Vita licensed crystal case 19.99

Plus 10.15 p&p to guarantee I get it all on 22nd Feb

Total I pay 302.03 less than 10 more and I get a hell of a lot more than I would have from Game

So everyone go cancel your I store pre orders and get on amazon lol
This is the deal I got even though I pre-ordered way in advance of it, Amazon emailed me 2 promotional codes, one to claim the free 8 gig memory card, the other for the 15 game. Glad to see I got the best deal out there by luck!
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 02-08-2012, 05:32 PM
mashead2000 mashead2000 is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: York - United Kingdom
Posts: 1,141
Default

I have heard it IS available on amazon.com but dont know how its listed-basically the UK deal was on the Vita unit page and under it where it says buy with other stuff for this price blah blah it had a rectangle saying Hot Pre order free mem card and 15quid game click here for bundle

And yeah emails went to ppl who pre ordered way in advance before 31 Jan with promo codes

So by far this is best deal out there by a mile
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 02-09-2012, 01:05 PM
dumaz1000 dumaz1000 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,080
Default

Army Corps of Hell got a 2/10 from Game Informer. It's basically a PSP game masquerading as a Vita game, and a bad one at that.

Unit 13 is a game developed in the same vain as the Club. Standalone missions with a scoreboard element and little to no story. I wish they hadn't done that. I could only stomach a few minutes of Resident Evil Mercinaries 3D. It made me want to puke. I just have no interest in this high scores/Leader boards/old school arcade format. Absolutely none. I couldn't care less where I rank on any leader board on the face of the planet. Plus, it's only Co-op. I'd be all over it if it was PvP. This is from the makers of Socom. PvP online was easily the most important aspect of those Fireteam Bravo games. I doubt anyone would have any of those games without it.

F1 2011 really does seem like a port of the 3DS version, although nobody has said as much. The graphics will obviously be improved though.

Dungeon Hunter Alliance and Ridge Racer are atrocities.

Asphalt Injection is a 40.00 port of a 0.99c iOS game.

Gravity Rush has no release date.


Underneath the surface, this launch lineup is relatively underwhelming, but I've been through this song and dance before. Don't expect too much for the software associated with the launch of most gaming platforms.

Last edited by dumaz1000; 02-09-2012 at 01:12 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 02-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Rasterico Rasterico is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post
Army Corps of Hell got a 2/10 from Game Informer. It's basically a PSP game masquerading as a Vita game, and a bad one at that.

Unit 13 is a game developed in the same vain as the Club. Standalone missions with a scoreboard element and little to no story. I wish they hadn't done that. I could only stomach a few minutes of Resident Evil Mercinaries 3D. It made me want to puke. I just have no interest in this high scores/Leader boards/old school arcade format. Absolutely none. I couldn't care less where I rank on any leader board on the face of the planet. Plus, it's only Co-op. I'd be all over it if it was PvP. This is from the makers of Socom. PvP online was easily the most important aspect of those Fireteam Bravo games. I doubt anyone would have any of those games without it.

F1 2011 really does seem like a port of the 3DS version, although nobody has said as much. The graphics will obviously be improved though.

Dungeon Hunter Alliance and Ridge Racer are atrocities.

Asphalt Injection is a 40.00 port of a 0.99c iOS game.

Gravity Rush has no release date.


Underneath the surface, this launch lineup is relatively underwhelming, but I've been through this song and dance before. Don't expect too much for the software associated with the launch of most gaming platforms.
All launch line ups are always full of disappointments, as long as there's one or 2 good titles that's all that matters to me, I'm definitely looking forward to Uncharted, will also download a couple from PSN such as Superstardust and maybe Everybody's Golf, let's face it, the 3DS launch was underwhelming to say the least but the good games are slowly appearing now, this is how I feel the Vita will fare, great games will turn up eventually but it will take time.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 02-09-2012, 03:19 PM
SirAwesome SirAwesome is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasterico View Post
All launch line ups are always full of disappointments, as long as there's one or 2 good titles that's all that matters to me, I'm definitely looking forward to Uncharted, will also download a couple from PSN such as Superstardust and maybe Everybody's Golf, let's face it, the 3DS launch was underwhelming to say the least but the good games are slowly appearing now, this is how I feel the Vita will fare, great games will turn up eventually but it will take time.
I agree with you but dont forget escape plan, that looks like an good game. An I know it a port but Rayman Origins is a great game and should really shine on the vita's screen
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 02-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Rasterico Rasterico is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAwesome View Post
I agree with you but dont forget escape plan, that looks like an good game. An I know it a port but Rayman Origins is a great game and should really shine on the vita's screen
Oh yes! I nearly overlooked that in all the excitement! I didn't really like the look of Rayman to be honest, if it gets good reviews I may change my stance on that, Escape Plan looks good though.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 02-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Leegames Leegames is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 842
Default

Unit 13 is a great game and much more Socom than the Club. The story is generic yes, and it is told while the stage is loading. But the mechanics are very sound and the game is one of the strongest launch titles in my opinion. I am having a lot of fun with this one.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent