Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 06-27-2012, 11:19 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman100 View Post
It's a good ad but I don't think they're referring to Nintendo's handheld. I don't even think there's any FPS games on there.
I cant find the website but believe me its a direct jab at the 3ds and the lack of a native second analog stick. And remember not just fps use the second analog stick. A big feature in some 3ds games is whether the developer supports the circle pad pro which is the only way to get a true second analog stick on the system.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:28 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAwesome View Post
This is a pretty good ad from Sony making fun of the 3ds.

http://www.gamezone.com/products/ps-...e-nintendo-3ds
This is a pattern with Sony, I seem to remember another ad with a kid on a bus poking fun at 'mobile phone games', effectively targeting Apple and I guess Android.... but, seriously, what are they trying to achieve? This kind of direct marketing is a woefully desperate and childlike strategy imo.

Maybe Sony should up their sales before such brazen defiance to systems which dominate their own. Get smart, Sony... and fix my shoddy Vita wifi!
Old 06-28-2012, 04:40 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygamr View Post
I haven't had any connectivity issues with my Vita at all. It gets better reception than my iPod touch 4th gen and 3DS do. It normally has three or four bars when I'm several feet away- about 20 (or around 6 meters).

Do you have a 3G or a wi-fi only? Ive got the wi-fi.
Mine is also WIFI only. 3 or 4 bars 6 meters away would only work for me if in the same room as router with literally nothing in the way. Are you usually in the same room?

At work we have 17 different access points, and yesterday I tested with the Vita / iphone together. With no walls, the Vita held signal up to about 10 meters, but then I discovered it wouldn't auto switch to a new AP even when standing directly underneath it. The iphone was flawless in this switching. I had to manually disconnect and reconnect the Vita and it seemed confused for at least a minute.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:49 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Just downloaded the youtube app and I think it's pretty cool I wish they would put that effort into improving the browser.

Also my vita is fine with wifi ussually shows full bars and my router is ancient it's an old linksys wrt54g (I still use it because it's rock solid the only time I ever managed to crash it was with itunes sync).

Also think Resistance is pretty good actually I hate the blocky video clips but I'm actually pretty amazed some reviewers were so harsh on it after playing it.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:04 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrEaKBEaT View Post
This kind of direct marketing is a woefully desperate and childlike strategy imo.
"With only one thumb, it's only half the FPS console experience. Thumbs up for dual analog."

I fail to see how this is direct marketing, or childlike. I remember Nintendo advertising their 3D element yet I thought nothing of it, just a company promoting their system's exclsive features. The PSP also has a single analog btw.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:08 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrEaKBEaT View Post
Mine is also WIFI only. 3 or 4 bars 6 meters away would only work for me if in the same room as router with literally nothing in the way. Are you usually in the same room?

At work we have 17 different access points, and yesterday I tested with the Vita / iphone together. With no walls, the Vita held signal up to about 10 meters, but then I discovered it wouldn't auto switch to a new AP even when standing directly underneath it. The iphone was flawless in this switching. I had to manually disconnect and reconnect the Vita and it seemed confused for at least a minute.
I'm normally in a different room. The room I use it in the most has a wall and a fireplace between it and the router- and I still get a good signal.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:56 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

YO 1337Brian, are you in the US? If so, I've got a REALLY pretty present for you that I'm not able to put to use.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:32 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I just ordered a 32 GB memory card from Tiger Direct for $71, the lowest price I've seen so far. I might go all digital from now on unless the game has awesome preorder bonuses (don't disappoint me, Atlus).

Edit: A bit late, but if anyone's interested: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=2015331

Last edited by Haruhi; 06-28-2012 at 05:55 PM..
Old 06-28-2012, 04:52 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
I just ordered a 32 GB memory card from Tiger Direct for $71, the lowest price I've seen so far. I might go all digital from now on unless the game has awesome preorder bonuses (don't disappoint me, Atlus).
That's a pretty good price. Unfortunately for me, TigerDirect Canada doesn't seem have Vita stuff at all.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:33 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Wanting to get MGS today but no one has it!!! Will have to try supermarkets tonight
Damn you HMV/Gamestations!! Stock Lego Batman but not Metal Gear?!? Madness!