Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 02-23-2012, 04:12 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

So far, my most played game has been Uncharted. It's actually pretty good, but it definitely has a few issues. My biggest issue is the forced QTE style touch controls when meleeing- they get to be really annoying after a while. I also don't like that it doesn't run at the Vita's native resolution- it's upscaled from a lower resolution. Because of that, there is a lot of aliasing that occurs (but it's not very noticable when in bright open areas). Sony Bend didn't do a horrible job- but this game really makes me want to see what a Naughty Dog developed Uncharted game would look like on the Vita. Almost forgot- I really recommend turning up the aiming sensitivity all the way if it feels too stiff.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post
Just got my replacement unit from gamestop.... Thank god no more dead pixels! I also picked up a $20 dollar PSN card. Can't wait to get super stardust delta!
Nice dude! Glad to hear they didn't give you any issues, stuck/dead pixel policies are a biatch sometimes.

Not sure if it's been said before but I just learned if you push the start button + PS button you can take a screenshot. Any other tricks I don't know about?
Old 02-23-2012, 05:42 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
Nice dude! Glad to hear they didn't give you any issues, stuck/dead pixel policies are a biatch sometimes.

Not sure if it's been said before but I just learned if you push the start button + PS button you can take a screenshot. Any other tricks I don't know about?
The facebook app supports the back touch screen - was able to ripple through photos. I know, completely unimportant - but thought I'd throw it out there anyway lol.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCat View Post
The facebook app supports the back touch screen - was able to ripple through photos. I know, completely unimportant - but thought I'd throw it out there anyway lol.
That's cool, I hadn't heard of that one.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:06 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Another "trick", hold down the PS Home Button and this screen will come up:

Old 02-23-2012, 06:11 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

A few tricks for when/if you mess up your system:

I think holding down the power button for like 20 seconds force restarts it, and in the worst case you can hold the PS button, the power button and the right shoulder button when the console is off to enter a mode where you can do various things to fix your system (everything from a reboot to a restore)
Old 02-23-2012, 06:56 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewwhatever View Post
Yes! It looks fantastic. I had played it on my PSP Go, and it was alright, but it's significantly better on the Vita. Having the second thumbstick doesn't make a huge difference, but graphically it's a huge improvement. Just make sure you turn on Color Space and...Bilinear Filtering, I think?
how do you turn on color space and bilinear filtering? Also, how do you map controls froom the face buttons to the joystick in MGS:PW?
Old 02-23-2012, 07:03 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreEricXXX View Post
how do you turn on color space and bilinear filtering? Also, how do you map controls froom the face buttons to the joystick in MGS:PW?
Hold down on the touch screen and the options menu will come up.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:11 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post

Thanks! They actually didn't even check the system the looked at the outside and threw it back in the box. Was really surprised....

Anyways super stardust delta is incredible! Love it ! UMVC is also fun, except I get my ass kicked almost every match haha..
Old 02-23-2012, 08:04 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
Hold down on the touch screen and the options menu will come up.
But make sure you hold it down once you've started the game! It took me about half an hour to figure out why those options weren't showing up in the main options screen...