Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 02-25-2012, 12:39 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygamr View Post
Unit 13 doesn't run at full resolution- it runs at a similar resolution to Uncharted. Games I have that run full resolution are: WipEout 2048, Rayman: Origins (this game looks amazing on the Vita's screen), Escape Plan, Super Stardust: Delta, and Escape Plan.

Have to agree about iOS gaming kind of losing steam. The games just aren't that fun any more. I've bought a bunch of recent iOS games, but don't play any of them. Last game I played a LOT was Infinity Blade II, and I got bored with that after I beat it once. iOS gaming was a lot better in 2010 and early 2011. The Mass Effect game looks good though.
Wipeout doesn't run in native resolution either, but it looks so good in motion that you probably won't ever notice. I agree with the iOS gaming sentiment though.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:55 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
Wipeout doesn't run in native resolution either, but it looks so good in motion that you probably won't ever notice. I agree with the iOS gaming sentiment though.
Really? I could've sworn I read that it did. Either way, it looks really good. Is there anti-aliasing on it? Because I know that all the other upscaled games have some noticeable aliasing, and I haven't noticed any in WipEout.

Out of all the games I've played so far, Rayman has to be the best at showing how beautiful the Vita screen is (it helps that Origins is a beautiful game). It's so crisp and clear and the colors are really vivid.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:07 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Yeah, don't think Wipeout is native, you probably just don't notice it since it's so fast.

As far as iOS, I'll have fond memories, it was a good time. I'm sure I'll dabble into some puzzle games here and there, but no where near as much as before.

I think maybe those that are not so casual may have been distracted, but the 3DS and especially Vita can cater to those needs.

As far as Unit 13, I'm guessing the game is pretty much this structure. The cool think is it seems like each mission can be played differently depending on who you choose and what load out they are using. It's more score based so leaderboards play a big part in the game structure. I can't wait to get some co-op play going, that looks to be a blast!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:44 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
As far as iOS, I'll have fond memories, it was a good time. I'm sure I'll dabble into some puzzle games here and there, but no where near as much as before.
Yeah. I think my all time favorite iOS games were Space Miner (best iOS game ever imo), Dead Space, Ravensword (doesn't really hold up compared to newer games), and Galaxy on Fire 2. Junk Jack would be on the list, but I lost all my data (an update caused corrupt save) and became completely uninterested.

Lately, most iOS games seem to be sequels that are pretty much the same as their predecessor, freemium games and a bunch of knock-offs/clones. Really just want a new, fun, polished experience. Sequels are fine, but if it looks identical to the last game, I'll pass. What I've noticed is that I've bought a lot of iOS games, played them a bit and then set them aside for something else- and they just keep piling up. I think I'm just going to take a break from it for a few months and see what happens.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:05 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
Well if it doesen't run at the native resolution it certainly runs verry close to it, alot closer than for example Unit 13 where things really look pixelated.

I'd also like the camera to be zoomed out more in Unit 13 btw!
Old 02-25-2012, 08:29 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Bought a US PS Vita, Screen Protector, Uncharted Golden Abyss R1, PS Vita Case and 16GB MMC today.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:12 AM

While I won't deny the vita is a superior gaming Platform compared to iOS, I would not say the iOS bubble has burst. Quite the the opposite, there's just way too many iOS devices out there and the gaming market is still probably the most lucrative out the for publishers when it comes to a mobile platform.

iOS wasn't made to be a game platform anyways, it has games in addition to a number of other things it does perfectly.

For me nothing will replace my iPhone or iPad for a daily user, I like the quick games it offers on the go or sitting in class. If I'm home and looking for a deeper gaming expierence I'll pull out my vita, but it I had a choice to bring just one device for me on the go and I'm taking all things into consideration (an all around device) I'd probably leave my vita and bring my iPad or iPhone. BUT since I carry a backpack everywhere with me I bring all three now.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:55 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygamr View Post
Unit 13 doesn't run at full resolution- it runs at a similar resolution to Uncharted. Games I have that run full resolution are: WipEout 2048, Rayman: Origins (this game looks amazing on the Vita's screen), Escape Plan, Super Stardust: Delta, and Escape Plan.

Have to agree about iOS gaming kind of losing steam. The games just aren't that fun any more. I've bought a bunch of recent iOS games, but don't play any of them. Last game I played a LOT was Infinity Blade II, and I got bored with that after I beat it once. iOS gaming was a lot better in 2010 and early 2011. The Mass Effect game looks good though.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma + runs at full resolution
Old 02-25-2012, 12:14 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iANiMeX View Post
Bought a US PS Vita, Screen Protector, Uncharted Golden Abyss R1, PS Vita Case and 16GB MMC today.

Have fun! Also did you buy the wifi only vita or wifi and 3G? just curious
Old 02-25-2012, 12:32 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Going to GameStop to check out the PS Vita today. Should be interesting.