Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 03-04-2012, 12:33 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

If the PSP is anything to go by, I'd be shocked if the Vita wasn't swimming in RPGs within a year or two. For that matter, if you go by backwards compatibility, it's swimming in them now: Ys Seven, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together...it's a pretty long list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5duc29 View Post
Too bad I can't redownload Killzone Liberation, LittleBigPlanet and Resistance Retribution on the Vita. Will it be available later?
Even if not, there's a new Resistance title (Burning Skies) coming in May, and also a Vita version of Little Big Planet sometime in the next few months. As for Killzone, no idea, but they're announcing the second wave of titles in a couple of days!
Old 03-04-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewwhatever View Post
If the PSP is anything to go by, I'd be shocked if the Vita wasn't swimming in RPGs within a year or two. For that matter, if you go by backwards compatibility, it's swimming in them now: Ys Seven, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together...it's a pretty long list.

Even if not, there's a new Resistance title (Burning Skies) coming in May, and also a Vita version of Little Big Planet sometime in the next few months. As for Killzone, no idea, but they're announcing the second wave of titles in a couple of days!
I've played/owned a lot of those already, and I am not interested in repurchasing them (picked up Legend of Heroes because I didn't have a chance to beat it before I sold my PSP). I'm talking about new RPGs that take advantage of the hardware to deliver more open-world experiences. Unfortunately, given the utterly lackluster sales of the Vita in Japan, we may in fact not see much coming from that market.

I could dig a new Resistance title (I thought the previous PSP title was a decent game ruined by the single-stick shooting mechanics). Frankly, though, I would much rather see something along the line of Daxter. I'm looking forward to the second-wave announcement.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:07 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I've played/owned a lot of those already, and I am not interested in repurchasing them (picked up Legend of Heroes because I didn't have a chance to beat it before I sold my PSP). I'm talking about new RPGs that take advantage of the hardware to deliver more open-world experiences. Unfortunately, given the utterly lackluster sales of the Vita in Japan, we may in fact not see much coming from that market.
We should see some more RPGs at the Game Heaven broadcast. So far, we already have indications of Persona 4, Trails of Zero Evolution (new Legend of Heroes), Phantasy Star, and Super Robot Wars being shown on Friday. I'd imagine there will be a few surprises too.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
We should see some more RPGs at the Game Heaven broadcast. So far, we already have indications of Persona 4, Trails of Zero Evolution (new Legend of Heroes), Phantasy Star, and Super Robot Wars being shown on Friday. I'd imagine there will be a few surprises too.
Already knew about Persona 4 (yeah!) and Legend of Heroes 2 is pretty much a no-brainer. Unfortunately I hated the last Phantasy Star, so that's a no-go for me.

I guess what I would love to see is an RPG that involved real exploration, not traveling between nodes or in a boring/empty overworld. Doesn't have to be a western RPG like Skyrm -- something like Demon Souls (with a stronger RPG component) or, from what I've read, Xenoblade would do. Most PSP RPGs have felt cramped and linear to me. With the more powerful hardware I would love to see things open up.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:32 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I guess what I would love to see is an RPG that involved real exploration, not traveling between nodes or in a boring/empty overworld. Doesn't have to be a western RPG like Skyrm -- something like Demon Souls (with a stronger RPG component) or, from what I've read, Xenoblade would do. Most PSP RPGs have felt cramped and linear to me. With the more powerful hardware I would love to see things open up.
Gravity Rush is open-world, although that's more of an adventure game with RPG elements. I'm not a huge fan of WRPGs, but something similar to Demon's Souls would be a nice addition to the Vita's library of games.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
Gravity Rush is open-world, although that's more of an adventure game with RPG elements. I'm not a huge fan of WRPGs, but something similar to Demon's Souls would be a nice addition to the Vita's library of games.
Gravity Rush is already preordered .
Old 03-04-2012, 08:36 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default ....

Loving Final Fantasy Tactics but how do i get some new classes? Is there more than the initial 4 or so?
Old 03-04-2012, 09:05 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
Loving Final Fantasy Tactics but how do i get some new classes? Is there more than the initial 4 or so?
By getting other jobs to higher levels. Here's a job tree that helped me out.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/937312-f...ons/faqs/50312

For a lot of the jobs you need more than 1 requirement. For example, the Ninja requires that you need to level up thief to level 5, archer to level 4, and geomancer to level 2. "M" means you have to learn every single skill that goes with the job.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:21 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystikSun View Post
By getting other jobs to higher levels. Here's a job tree that helped me out.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/937312-f...ons/faqs/50312

For a lot of the jobs you need more than 1 requirement. For example, the Ninja requires that you need to level up thief to level 5, archer to level 4, and geomancer to level 2. "M" means you have to learn every single skill that goes with the job.
Wow thanks alot Mystik!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:28 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
Wow thanks alot Mystik!
No problem :P