Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #721  
Old 03-06-2012, 07:54 AM
SirAwesome SirAwesome is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
See that whole Mass Effect Infiltrator is why I got a Vita, I am done with cheap games I will pay $5 for and play a few times and delete it off my phone to make room for more 99c games. It's a never ending cycle....
Your name says it all
Reply With Quote
  #722  
Old 03-06-2012, 09:59 AM
crunc crunc is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
ame reason here, but most people on iOS don't realize it just yet.
It depends on the game. Certainly there's lots of throwaways, but then there are longer games and/or games that don't really have an ending and that you play all the time. I've almost certainly put more time into Disc Drivin' and Ascension than I have put into any other games ever, on any platform. Just depends on what you like. I'm not sure how many hours I've put into them, but it's certainly a rather large number. Also there's games like Incoboto. That game is pretty fantastic. Also Death Rally. I put many hours into that. Etc, etc.

So, yeah, I'd like a Vita, but there are great games for iOS as well, and ones that aren't throwaway. If you like board games, iOS is hard to beat for one.
Reply With Quote
  #723  
Old 03-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Amenbrother Amenbrother is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,244
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAwesome View Post
Your name says it all
LOL right!
Reply With Quote
  #724  
Old 03-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Amenbrother Amenbrother is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
awesome news from IGN :

motorstorm RC for vita is available to download tomorrow for FREE yessssss!!!!!

http://vita.ign.com/articles/122/1220006p1.html

or

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...tesy-of-scion/

prepare your vita guys

ps. oops sorry somebody has just posted here before, I'm sorry I'm just too excited..


same reason here, but most people on iOS don't realize it just yet.
I think people do realize it but they like saying oh well I only paid 99c for it. I dont know I mean to each there own, I definately played some awesome games on IOS but those are rare occasions. It's hard for me now to even think about playing a game on my phone now....
Reply With Quote
  #725  
Old 03-06-2012, 10:50 AM
MicroByte MicroByte is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: in a van down by the river...
Posts: 1,315
Default

It's interesting that some long time TA posters are in the same boat as me - feeling bored or finding iOS gaming stale. I recognize so many people from this thread from over in the main iOS gaming section and it goes to show that while iOS games fill a void, they can't fill the void for portable games that are more than casual romps.
Reply With Quote
  #726  
Old 03-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Der-Kleine Der-Kleine is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->
Posts: 5,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
It's interesting that some long time TA posters are in the same boat as me - feeling bored or finding iOS gaming stale. I recognize so many people from this thread from over in the main iOS gaming section and it goes to show that while iOS games fill a void, they can't fill the void for portable games that are more than casual romps.
Tbh, it feels more like iOS has stopped filling a void it once filled. Now everything almost everything has to be casual or freemium or people won't buy it. Look at Mass Effect Infiltrator: That type of game shouldn't try to go the casual route. what iOS is lacking lately is a good mix of casual and hardcore games, so I have to look else where to fill that void.
Reply With Quote
  #727  
Old 03-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Amenbrother Amenbrother is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
Tbh, it feels more like iOS has stopped filling a void it once filled. Now everything almost everything has to be casual or freemium or people won't buy it. Look at Mass Effect Infiltrator: That type of game shouldn't try to go the casual route. what iOS is lacking lately is a good mix of casual and hardcore games, so I have to look else where to fill that void.
I agree, but someone or something is telling all these companies that the way to go with IOS is casual (99c) or freemium. Maybe that is the way to go with IOS even though I wish it wasnt, but maybe us people that like deeper console type quality are not the mainstream these companies are going after anymore... to each there own I guess. I still love my ipad2 for browsing the net!
Reply With Quote
  #728  
Old 03-06-2012, 12:07 PM
SirAwesome SirAwesome is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
I agree, but someone or something is telling all these companies that the way to go with IOS is casual (99c) or freemium. Maybe that is the way to go with IOS even though I wish it wasnt, but maybe us people that like deeper console type quality are not the mainstream these companies are going after anymore... to each there own I guess. I still love my ipad2 for browsing the net!
I agree. I use my ipad2 more for reading and surfing the net now. Its funny to me because iOS has me looking for a deeper portable experience and really lead me to the vita.
Reply With Quote
  #729  
Old 03-06-2012, 12:19 PM
MicroByte MicroByte is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: in a van down by the river...
Posts: 1,315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAwesome View Post
I agree. I use my ipad2 more for reading and surfing the net now. Its funny to me because iOS has me looking for a deeper portable experience and really lead me to the vita.
Count me in as well. I actually got a new iPad 2 for Christmas since my wife "borrows" my original and used it for following the Vita launch. I still use my iPad and iPod Touch, but not for playing games. Fantastic devices still, just for other uses.
Reply With Quote
  #730  
Old 03-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Amenbrother Amenbrother is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,244
Default Who else agree's

I would kill for Order and Chaos on Vita though!! OMG I would pay premium price for that...
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent