Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 03-06-2012, 07:54 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
See that whole Mass Effect Infiltrator is why I got a Vita, I am done with cheap games I will pay $5 for and play a few times and delete it off my phone to make room for more 99c games. It's a never ending cycle....
Your name says it all
Old 03-06-2012, 09:59 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
ame reason here, but most people on iOS don't realize it just yet.
It depends on the game. Certainly there's lots of throwaways, but then there are longer games and/or games that don't really have an ending and that you play all the time. I've almost certainly put more time into Disc Drivin' and Ascension than I have put into any other games ever, on any platform. Just depends on what you like. I'm not sure how many hours I've put into them, but it's certainly a rather large number. Also there's games like Incoboto. That game is pretty fantastic. Also Death Rally. I put many hours into that. Etc, etc.

So, yeah, I'd like a Vita, but there are great games for iOS as well, and ones that aren't throwaway. If you like board games, iOS is hard to beat for one.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:03 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAwesome View Post
Your name says it all
LOL right!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:06 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
awesome news from IGN :

motorstorm RC for vita is available to download tomorrow for FREE yessssss!!!!!

http://vita.ign.com/articles/122/1220006p1.html

or

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...tesy-of-scion/

prepare your vita guys

ps. oops sorry somebody has just posted here before, I'm sorry I'm just too excited..

same reason here, but most people on iOS don't realize it just yet.
I think people do realize it but they like saying oh well I only paid 99c for it. I dont know I mean to each there own, I definately played some awesome games on IOS but those are rare occasions. It's hard for me now to even think about playing a game on my phone now....
Old 03-06-2012, 10:50 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

It's interesting that some long time TA posters are in the same boat as me - feeling bored or finding iOS gaming stale. I recognize so many people from this thread from over in the main iOS gaming section and it goes to show that while iOS games fill a void, they can't fill the void for portable games that are more than casual romps.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:22 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
It's interesting that some long time TA posters are in the same boat as me - feeling bored or finding iOS gaming stale. I recognize so many people from this thread from over in the main iOS gaming section and it goes to show that while iOS games fill a void, they can't fill the void for portable games that are more than casual romps.
Tbh, it feels more like iOS has stopped filling a void it once filled. Now everything almost everything has to be casual or freemium or people won't buy it. Look at Mass Effect Infiltrator: That type of game shouldn't try to go the casual route. what iOS is lacking lately is a good mix of casual and hardcore games, so I have to look else where to fill that void.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:00 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
Tbh, it feels more like iOS has stopped filling a void it once filled. Now everything almost everything has to be casual or freemium or people won't buy it. Look at Mass Effect Infiltrator: That type of game shouldn't try to go the casual route. what iOS is lacking lately is a good mix of casual and hardcore games, so I have to look else where to fill that void.
I agree, but someone or something is telling all these companies that the way to go with IOS is casual (99c) or freemium. Maybe that is the way to go with IOS even though I wish it wasnt, but maybe us people that like deeper console type quality are not the mainstream these companies are going after anymore... to each there own I guess. I still love my ipad2 for browsing the net!
Old 03-06-2012, 12:07 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
I agree, but someone or something is telling all these companies that the way to go with IOS is casual (99c) or freemium. Maybe that is the way to go with IOS even though I wish it wasnt, but maybe us people that like deeper console type quality are not the mainstream these companies are going after anymore... to each there own I guess. I still love my ipad2 for browsing the net!
I agree. I use my ipad2 more for reading and surfing the net now. Its funny to me because iOS has me looking for a deeper portable experience and really lead me to the vita.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:19 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAwesome View Post
I agree. I use my ipad2 more for reading and surfing the net now. Its funny to me because iOS has me looking for a deeper portable experience and really lead me to the vita.
Count me in as well. I actually got a new iPad 2 for Christmas since my wife "borrows" my original and used it for following the Vita launch. I still use my iPad and iPod Touch, but not for playing games. Fantastic devices still, just for other uses.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:42 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Who else agree's

I would kill for Order and Chaos on Vita though!! OMG I would pay premium price for that...