★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: SIMPLEXITY is a universal app that can be played on the iPhone, iTouch and iPad.

SIMPLEXITY is a fast-paced action puzzle that is challenging and addictive. The goal is simple: tap on empty grid blocks to sort and match colored tiles before time runs out. Create and clear shapes in Shapex Mode, or employ your own strategy as you freestyle to reach the target score in Simplex Mode.

OFFICIAL PROMO VIDEO:

http://ow.ly/7Zdey

http://on.fb.me/ub62x3

----------------------
SIMPLE GAMEPLAY
----------------------

SIMPLEXITY's unique and simple gameplay adds a twist to the classic block elimination genre. It will certainly provide hours of challenging and care free fun and pique your interest for a long time!

---------------------------
COMPLEX CHALLENGES
---------------------------

Every few seconds a Tileburst will randomly place tiles on the grid to throw you off your game. Use Shockwaves to clear unwanted tiles, or exploit the Shuffle Time feature to move and reposition tiles. Increasing numbers of Unusable Blocks that occupy empty grid blocks are also added in Simplex Mode. Plan extensive combos and shape clears to ramp up your score as you constantly battle against time to fight for survival!

ADDICTIVE FEATURES!

+ 2 game modes - Shapex and Simplex
+ More than 70 challenging missions and more to come!
+ Next Tile feature lets you view the next 5 colored tiles
+ Exponential scoring system let's you earn extra time (in seconds) and explosive points when doing combo clears!
+ Get bonus points by doing shape clears!
+ Regular updates and more game modes to be added!

STIMULATING ARSENAL!

+ Use Shockwaves to clear unwanted tiles from the grid
+ Use Shuffle Time to move and reposition tiles to any empty grid block

CUNNING OBSTACLES!

+ Look out for Tilebursts that randomly adds tiles on the grid
+ Beware of Unusable Blocks that will hinder you from assigning tiles while they occupy empty grid blocks.

AWESOME EXTRAS!

+ Unlockable game badges
+ Engaging Trance soundtrack and more to be added

-------------------

Your feedback is appreciated. Like our Persistent Cookies page on Facebook to leave comments and receive updates on game tips, secrets and more!

http://facebook.com/persistentcookies

persistentcookies's comments:
Simplexity is a fast-paced action puzzle that is challenging and addictive. The goal is quite simple: tap on empty grid blocks to sort and match colored tiles before time runs out. Create and clear shapes in Shapex Mode, or employ your own strategy as you freestyle to reach the target score in Simplex Mode.

Customer Reviews:
★★★★ "Challenging, fun to pick up & play." - Cy.M.
Can you think fast? If you're one of those people with a competitive edge who enjoy simple tap & touch games while standing in line, waiting at offices or riding the subway train - Simplexity is the game for you. It's easy to master and jump right into. The overall look & interface is clean & uncluttered. It gets super-charged very quickly: Think fast before you move & match colored tiles before time runs out. My reaction time improved as I progressed to the next level & I enjoyed trying to beat my top score. Hoping to see this on the iPad's spacious screen soon.

★★★★★ "Addictive!" - cindygirl0812
Fast-paced and addictive without the usual falling blocks!

★★★★★ "Very addictive n challenging!" - Creativelefty
Really like all the unique shapes to try n achieve!

★★★★★ "Addiction." - Angmogirl
Good job!

★★★★★ "Awesomeness!" - Mhel&rhia
A very awesome app!!!

OFFICIAL PROMO VIDEO:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=173246962773142
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjUq8BYPpJo

ITUNES PAGE:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/simplexity/id460814586?ls=1&mt=8

---------------
SIMPLE GAMEPLAY
---------------

Simplexity's unique and simple gameplay adds a twist to the classic block elimination genre. It will certainly provide hours of challenging and care free fun and pique your interest for a long time!

-------------------
COMPLEX CHALLENGES
-------------------

Every few seconds a Tileburst will randomly place tiles on the grid to throw you off your game. Use Shockwaves to clear unwanted tiles, or exploit the Shuffle Time feature to move and reposition tiles. Increasing numbers of Unusable Blocks that occupy empty grid blocks are also added in Simplex Mode. Plan extensive combos and shape clears to ramp up your score as you constantly battle against time to fight for survival!

ADDICTIVE FEATURES!
+ 2 game modes - Shapex and Simplex
+ More than 70 challenging missions and more to come!
+ Next Tile feature lets you view the next 5 colored tiles
+ Exponential scoring system let's you earn extra time and explosive points by doing combos!
+ Get bonus points by doing shape clears!
+ Regular updates and more game modes to be added!

STIMULATING ARSENAL!
+ Use Shockwaves to clear unwanted tiles from the grid
+ Use Shuffle Time to move and reposition tiles to any empty grid block

CUNNING OBSTACLES!
+ Look out for Tilebursts that randomly adds tiles on the grid
+ Beware of Unusable Blocks that will hinder you from assigning tiles while they occupy empty grid blocks.

AWESOME EXTRAS!
+ Unlockable game badges
+ Engaging Trance soundtrack and more to be added

------------------
TRY SIMPLEXITY NOW!
------------------
------------------------------------
FOR A CHEAP PROMO PRICE OF JUST $0.99!
------------------------------------

Your feedback is appreciated. Become a fan of Persistent Cookies on Facebook to leave comments and receive updates on game tips, secrets and more!

http://facebook.com/persistentcookies
12-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Simplexity Promo Codes

Hi,

I know that there is a section for promo codes, but since I have already posted the game details here, then I figured it is acceptable to post some promo codes with this thread. My sincere apologies to the admins if this is prohibited. Thank you!

PAP34XFHRT3J
WM3LM663WRMN
4WE6KYM3AM46

Last edited by persistentcookies; 12-13-2011 at 10:15 PM.

12-13-2011, 10:16 PM
Took 4ATRFLH4YWXY. Thanks!!
12-13-2011, 10:18 PM
PAP34XFHRT3J
Thanks!!!
12-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Took the second code =3 thanks a lot!!
12-13-2011, 10:52 PM
took the last one - 4WE6KYM3AM46

can't wait for it to be compatible with iPad.

Looking for something new to replace my old games.. Total apps: 1500+
iPhone 3GS - OS 5.x
iPad 2 - OS 4.3.5
Don't just follow the trend; Set the trend. ಠ_ಠ
12-14-2011, 08:37 AM
2 more

Hi guys here are the 2 more promo codes. Would appreciate if you guys can leave honest feedback in the itunes store

We are planning several enhancements to the game, the first will be the ipad support. If you spot any bugs (we are already aware of a few) kindly post them here.

Thanks and please support indie developers!

YE9AXRATNWYP
NJ76NHLXKKJM
12-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Hi guys,

Kindly post if you have used up a promo code, so others won't feel frustrated trying Thanks!
12-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Game Impressions

It is just as the dev says, a simple concept that can get complex as the game time is running out.

The basic premise that remains constant in both game modes is creating big single color connected block clusters. Once a single colored cluster is of three or more blocks you can pop it for points and additional time. If you pop multiple clusters in rapid succession without moving blocks in between you'll get a combo bonus. You also can earn extra points by creating some of the game's recognized shape formations (like making a ring of 8 blocks for 400 bonus points). I'm not sure if you can pop multiple blocks before popping one of the recognized shapes for a really crazy bonus multiplier or if the shape bonuses are not effected by the combo multipliers. Just to make things nasty you'll also have to deal with occasional tile bursts (a bunch of tiles just show up randomly on the board).

It comes in two flavors:

Shapex: In this mode you are tasked in covering some outlined shapes in the colors indicated. The thing is that you'll often have a very tight time limit to achieve this goal and therefore, to gain more time, you'll still need to pop some combos of clusters to gain some more time. In the end these challenges seemed to just be a series of pass/fail affairs with later levels only being unlocked once the player has cleared the earlier level.

Simplex: This is the highscore mode where the player is free to make any shapes and clusters they want but must make a certain point threshold before the time is up. As you progress through these challenges the game makes them tougher by introducing blocked spaces which you can't place tiles on.

Where the game loses points with me is by the working in of limited uses of a couple of power-ups that you can only restore by certain in-game achievements or as an IAP. CONSUMABLE IAPS SUCK!

I also am not super stoked with how it handles scoring. In Shapex the only score it tracks is the combined total of all session played, even if all on the same level so the score is really meaningless and it doesn't even track your highest scoring run on a given level. In Simplex I'm not too clear how the scoring works but it looks like in this mode they break it down into that same Career Total thing from Shapex and something called Mission Score which I can only assume is the combined score of levels you've actually competed (not sure if this again would count multiple completed instances of the same level or if it is only the top combined scores of all levels at this point).

3/5
(not bad)

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Thank you Lordgek for your honest impressions

Your sentiments about the power-ups and scoring are spot on, and that we have been aware of them even prior to launch. I will explain why in my next post, but for now I only have time to announce that ver 1.2 is out with iPad support.

Here are a few promo codes for others to try. Kindly post a msg here if you have taken up a code. Thanks guys!

LAWAM4E9PH3T
44NFFHK76WHN
MF3XTRTLYMHY