★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Forget Smaug, Voldemort or the White Walkers! The real bad guys are waiting for you in Silversword. Ready you sword and spells and prepare to face the evil.

If you experience crashes, please turn on the "low resolution" in your Settings app.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The expansion "Rise Of The Dragons" is here! New maps, quests, creatures, items, skills and the mighty Dragoncaller class await you! Enjoy your stay in the Dragonlands! Hint: don't throw your rubies and diamonds away if you intend to enjoy the expansion.

Gamepro Award 87/100 Points!
Over 100 hours of roleplaying fun!

"I got goosebumps while reading through
the manual for the first time. iOS devs just
don't make games on this scale.
It's such a poetic app."

All the best,
Michael Lane
Senior Writer | FreeAppsArcade.com

Silversword is a mobile fantasy role-playing game which will take you to the mysterious lands of Tarnak, a world far beyond reality. Gather a band of brave heroes and face the evil that is about to destroy mankind.
Silversword is a game in the style of The Bards Tale, Wizardry and Might & Magic - enjoy memories of old with new devices.

Main Features:
- None of the In App Purchases are needed to play through the game (I have to stress that again)
- 7 races to choose from, each with it's own special abilities
- 12 classes, each with it's own skills, virtues and flaws
- over 400 unique items
- 5 different magic runes to augment and enhance your items
- over 120 spells, songs and prayers
- over 220 unique monsters
- nearly 70 different maps with different styles (dungeon, overland, swamp, city etc.)
- guilds, shops, taverns, training halls, temples and many more interesting places to be
- integrated automap + quest log
- day / night cycle with different effects on your magic and the surroundings
- fast travelling services
- countless hours of interesting gameplay
- Game Center support with interesting and challenging achievements
- universal app, no need to push the "2x" button on your iPad

You can follow us on twitter, too. @silverswordinfo is your channel to get the latest news, cheats, and hidden secrets.

DON'T LIKE IT?
No reason for giving a bad review. Your feedback is very welcome on our forums (http://silversword-rpg.com/phpbb3/index.php) or via the support e-mail address. Most of the functions in the game were implemented because YOU wanted them :-) So feel free to spread your thoughts. You are a creator!

IMPORTANT: The game needs a lot of memory due to its bitmap graphics. If you encounter memory issues (app crashing), please use the "low resolution" settings in the app settings.

undeadcow's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/silverswordlite/id438663222?mt=8
Developer website: http://silversword-rpg.com/
12-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Interesting looking trailer...the only thing that sounded more like a pickup line than anything else was the part about "Your Pocket Full of Heroes".

12-12-2011, 11:43 PM
I played the lite version a while ago when it first came out (is that thread still around?) and wasn't too impressed. Probably worth downloading it again to see if anything changed though.
12-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I played the lite version a while ago when it first came out (is that thread still around?) and wasn't too impressed. Probably worth downloading it again to see if anything changed though.
I need to review the lite version too but I understand from the upcoming thread the developer made multiple changes over the life of lite. Since lite thread comments may not reflect full game I felt a new thread was warranted.
12-13-2011, 01:25 AM
i personally enjoyed the lite version. a lot of hard work and a bunch of updates from the developer really made this game shine. buying now! highly recommended.
12-13-2011, 01:38 AM

Still unsure about this One. Not because of the Pricetag but more about the Bugs that might still be in it.

Sorry for that but after Infinity Blade II, Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies and Osiris Legends i am sick of Games that are shining through their Bugs and not their Content.

I`ll wait till some of you had played the Full Version a little and can provide some Information that aren`t based on the Lite Version.

Last edited by Sanuku; 12-30-2011 at 09:32 AM.
12-13-2011, 02:03 AM
I tried the lite version again and not really sure what to think. It seems a little bit more user friendly and polished than I recall but still has a long way to go. I still maintain: bring on the old school gameplay but leave the old school UI buried in the past.

In any case, anyone's free to try the lite and make up their own minds.
12-13-2011, 03:25 AM
same here, looks like it's not ui friendly and overall position and the size of elements is questionable for iphone game.
12-13-2011, 03:52 AM
Haven't tried the Lite version just yet, but I now definitely know I will. Retro-tastique CRPS playable on the go are a rare breed indeed. And this one looks an inspired way of updating the Bard's Tale formula.

Celebrating portable and phone gaming over at Gaming on the Go since 2006.
12-13-2011, 04:24 AM
tried the new lite and yep, it's just too ui unfriendly on iphone. honestly i dont see why the status bar should be so big, the play area is too small and tapping the text in the command box is also not really handy. however it is probably more playable on ipad but on iphone it needs better interface.