★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Vans SK8: Pool Service v1.1 now available + temp price drop

05-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Vans SK8: Pool Service v1.1 now available + temp price drop

I just received word that the v1.1 update to Vans SK8: Pool Service has been approved and is in iTunes.

I've already talked a little bit about the tweaks with this version (re-posted below), but I also wanted to let everyone know that we've talked with Vans and decided to temporarily lower the price to $2.99 as a way to thank everyone for their support, and to hopefully convince even more people to enjoy the game.

The biggest change in this update is that we’ve addressed the control issues that some players have reported in the initial version. We’ve done this by changing the timing of when calibration occurs (it now happens when each run starts instead of while it loads), as well as introducing an option to adjust the tilt sensitivity for players that want even tighter control of their player. The net result of all these changes is that users should find their skater much easier to control and navigate around the pool, especially in events like Pool Cleaner.

In addition to those control tweaks we’ve fixed a few other minor issues and added a restart option to the pause menu as requested by several people here.

I'm also happy to announce that we’ve begun work this week on development of a new pool environment. We don’t have an ETA for when this will be released but it should be included for free to all owners of Vans SK8: Pool Service with the next update.

Finally - we posted up a new trailer for the game a couple weeks back that I don't think I ever mentioned here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr32TcO7fmM&fmt=18

Youtube link | Pop Up

If you don't already have Vans SK8 here's the iTunes link:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=309138776&mt=8

Brian Robbins
Founder, Riptide Games, developers of Ultimate Battle Zombies, My Pet Zombie, Mini Monster Smash, iLookApps, Bop It! and more.

Last edited by salsamd; 05-07-2009 at 05:21 PM.
05-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Wow, I just read earlier in the other thread it was close, now that's quick as poop

I will be awaiting it's USA arrival. Thanks to you Dubane for keeping TA up on the current.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

05-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Will be DLing tomarrow.
It was a needed update chase the controls turned me
Off.
Now Ill start playing
05-06-2009, 09:25 PM
i dont see a price drop?? still 4.99...
05-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Another pool in the works and a sale? I like it

I'd say jump on this folks if you haven't already.

No DPad - iPhone and iPod Touch gaming. Who says gamers need a dpad?
05-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korean View Post
i dont see a price drop?? still 4.99...
Price drop is showing on some iTunes pages for me, so it should start appearing soon. Probably should have waited until it showed up to post originally but I wanted you all to be the first to know

Brian Robbins
Founder, Riptide Games, developers of Ultimate Battle Zombies, My Pet Zombie, Mini Monster Smash, iLookApps, Bop It! and more.
05-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Awesome - just downloaded the update. This is by far one of my favorite games

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
05-06-2009, 10:25 PM
I'll wait for reactions on the controls from the update..

Celebrating the Bliss of Eliss~
Eliss, my #1 favorite game of all time
05-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksl2006 View Post
I'll wait for reactions on the controls from the update..
I'm looking forward to hearing what people say too. I know in our tests and talking to people, we should have the issues addressed, but I'm never completely sure until I see what everyone else says

Brian Robbins
05-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Insane game, great update!
But all things said, I have a framerate issue now, it seems my iPod Touch 1st Gen 32 G is struggling and having some seizures. Am I the only one? I have reset my ipod touch once, will do it once more to make sure it's not the issue.

Playing: Solipskier, Edge, Ground Effect, Bobble Surfer, Minigore, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, iSR, Pocket God, Slotz, Zen Bound 2, Crazy Snowboard, Vector Tank, ...