★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Suggestion for Name of a Racing Game

05-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Name Suggestion for Racing Game

I'm starting to develop a new racing game for iPhone and iPod Touch. The game is going to be styled like Super Mario Kart (the SNES game), but I need suggestions for a name. That's where you guys come in .

I'll create a poll of my favourites later on.

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?

Last edited by Mew2468; 05-06-2009 at 09:51 PM.
05-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Super Racing?

Beta Testing:FaceRace, Hook Champ
Beta Tested:Hybrid: Eternal Whisper, Townrs version 1.1, Zenonia, Koala darts, Quadrum Colors, and iSR.
Contact me to beta test your games!

05-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Super Awesome Racing Deluxe?

Or you could do the iPhone way of iSuper iAwesome iRacing iDeluxe? Pretty catchy, right?

Just teasing.

What kind of theme is behind the game? Such as characters, environment, etc? I did this same thing when I named "Sparta: Lords of War." But even Sparta was the theme rather than "I'm creating a hack and slash action game, what is a good name?"

See my point?

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |
05-07-2009, 12:36 AM
Yeah, we need more on the game.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
05-07-2009, 06:35 AM
You want to be real careful picking a name, especially publicly. You run the risk of some faster developer deciding to take on a similar project and name, and beat you to the punch. And then you can't use the name

Don't laugh, it happens. The App Store is starting to become like the domain squatting situation of the web. It wouldn't surprise me if people start putting out "crapps" under good names, not with the hope of making sales money, but to hold the name ransom to a larger company who would buy them off to remove the app/game from the store so that they could publish using it.

Same thing happens for domain names now. It won't be long for apps, mark my words

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!
05-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderData View Post
You want to be real careful picking a name, especially publicly. You run the risk of some faster developer deciding to take on a similar project and name, and beat you to the punch. And then you can't use the name

Don't laugh, it happens. The App Store is starting to become like the domain squatting situation of the web. It wouldn't surprise me if people start putting out "crapps" under good names, not with the hope of making sales money, but to hold the name ransom to a larger company who would buy them off to remove the app/game from the store so that they could publish using it.

Same thing happens for domain names now. It won't be long for apps, mark my words
I guess you're right - I was keeping most of the details secret, but I completely forgot about the name ! I think I'll stay quiet about my game for a bit...

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?
05-07-2009, 10:42 AM
High Octane Racing, Torque, Fuel....that's all i can think of right now

Currently Playing: N.O.V.A, Skater Nation, 33rd Division, 7 Cities, Karnival.
Looking Forward to: GTA: Chinatown Wars, Ravensword (update), 1112 ep 02 and yeah the hangover on 1st
05-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Kart based?

How about Kart-Astrophe?

Yeah I know, too wordy.

Want us to cover your games at http://www.allaboutthegames.co.uk? Email phil@allaboutthegames.co.uk
05-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Krafty Kart Karnage, nah.... too cheesy

Kick-Ass Karting, nah..... too American

Hero of Karta, nah.... too 'Gameloft'

Karting and Karlsberg, nah..... too alcoholic

Kartma, nah.... too Hindu

Kartmageddon, already taken

Karting Khaos?

Kartathlon?

Karternator?

Kartmania?

GRRR TOO MANY K's MAKE LBG ANGRY!

lol, sorry for the random post.

Hakuna Matata

Last edited by LBG; 05-07-2009 at 11:57 AM.
05-07-2009, 04:10 PM
quick kart deluxe

grand prix

turbo kart

turbo kart racing

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
ngmoco:] Plus+ ID: Danlipson
Challenge Me!
PM me for free video editing of... anything