Italy 1 11.11%
United Kingdom 0 0%
Switzerland 0 0%
Mexico 2 22.22%
Germany 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2011, 06:04 PM

Default Soccer Showdown - FREE online PKs app (w/ prizes in the contest forum!)

Hey everyone!

My brother and I (team Naquatic) are proud to announce the release of Soccer Showdown: a FREE online realtime shootout game unlike any other. Our genre-revolutionizing PhysKick engine gives you perfect control over every kick. We hope you guys enjoy the game, and we always love to hear from you.

"A great multiplayer experience that's easy to replay again and again" - 148Apps
"One of the most intensely competitive gaming experiences you'll find on any platform" - Free Apps Arcade
"You'll definitely want to pick this universal app up" -AppAdvice

(If you want to challenge the devs head-to-head to win a Legendary gold ball, check out our post in the contest forum: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=116398)

Last edited by Naquatic; 03-02-2012 at 07:20 PM..
Old 12-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Sorry but nothing comes close to "flick kick football" by pikpok.

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 12-13-2011 at 07:03 PM..
Old 12-13-2011, 09:01 PM

Flick Flick is a fun game, but it falls into a completely different category. For one thing, it's not free(!). FF is a single-player arcade game, while Soccer Showdown is a simulation with realtime online multiplayer. You actually play head-to-head against your opponent. Showdown is all about quick reflexes, precision shooting skills, and intense competition and rivalry.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:19 PM

I'm having fun with it so far. Definitely bang for my buck . Only thing is I wish the screen orientation was rotated so the home button is on the other side.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:33 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

Really nice idea but unfortunately everything has been done better in other games. The kicking is this game is very poor, it is way too easy to over kick and it seems to be impossible to curve the ball. Defense is okay.

To the Dev, I suggest playing games from a Full Fat, Pik Pok and Neon Play and get a feel for how the kicking should work. I included Neon Play because the do a nice job with glove type games.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:59 PM

Thanks for the feedback, Bazooka. We geared this game towards expert players who want a simulation...this means a higher degree of difficulty in exchange for greater control payoff. Again, the games you listed are plenty of fun in their own right, but we are intentionally avoiding the arcade shootout market, for which there are already a plethora of app choices. If you are having trouble curving the ball, I suggest you take a look at the help tutorial which explains how to apply basic curve. You simply aim your strike through the edge of the ball, as opposed to the center.

That said, we already have an update on the way that tightens the bottom end of the kicking gradient to make the learning curve smoother for beginners and casual players.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:10 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naquatic View Post
Thanks for the feedback, Bazooka. We geared this game towards expert players who want a simulation...this means a higher degree of difficulty in exchange for greater control payoff. Again, the games you listed are plenty of fun in their own right, but we are intentionally avoiding the arcade shootout market, for which there are already a plethora of app choices. If you are having trouble curving the ball, I suggest you take a look at the help tutorial which explains how to apply basic curve. You simply aim your strike through the edge of the ball, as opposed to the center.

That said, we already have an update on the way that tightens the bottom end of the kicking gradient to make the learning curve smoother for beginners and casual players.
Sounds good, I will look at it. The games I have played online the people either don't hit the ball hard enough to make it to the goal or hit it so hard it sails over the goal. I rarely have to block anything.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinwarrior View Post
I'm having fun with it so far. Definitely bang for my buck . Only thing is I wish the screen orientation was rotated so the home button is on the other side.
I hear ya. We are working auto rotation into an upcoming update.