★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[GAMEVIL] DESTINIA - FULL game is now FREE on App Store!

12-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
[GAMEVIL] DESTINIA - FULL game is now FREE on App Store!

Now the FULL game is FREE on the App Store!
Download today!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/destinia./id475664323?ls=1&mt=8

Now the FULL game is FREE on the App Store!
Download today!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/destinia./id475664323?ls=1&mt=8
12-13-2011, 07:07 PM
So what's better this or Advena? I tried Advena and so far have been pleasantly surprised --- although we'll see how far I can get before possibly hitting the IAP wall.

For some reason, I was never a fan of Third Blade or Hybrid so I wasn't expecting much.

Guess I'll have to try this one out as well.

12-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Awwwww yeeeeeeeeea gamevilll.

Currently enjoying: CtR, AB: Space, Guitar Hero, Rock Band Reloaded, Burger Queen World, Hunters: Episode One, Batman Arkham Lockdown, Ice Race, Bar Oasis1.5, Air Gamblers: Supremacy, Mage Gauntlet, Real Racing 2, Inotia2/3, Undercroft, Pocket Warriors, Ascension, Chaos Rings
12-13-2011, 07:16 PM
There's something strange going on here. If you click on "see all games by this developer" in the App Store, there's still a $.99 version of this game as well.

And the link for this version shows that it's new as of today with no reviews. So essentially, it's being re-released. I'm wondering if Gamevil is tweaking some of these games to be even more reliant on IAPs.

Guess the only way to know is to play it.
12-13-2011, 07:24 PM
I've been keeping my eye on this, and I'm glad I waited to buy it!
Strangely, I can only access it using the link in the first post - it doesn't show up when I search it in the iTunes or mobile version of the app store. Perhaps it's too new to show up in those places right now?
I really hope they haven't completely redone this version to lean on IAPs... didn't they do the same 're-release free version' sort of thing with Zenonia 3?
12-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice View Post
I've been keeping my eye on this, and I'm glad I waited to buy it!
Strangely, I can only access it using the link in the first post - it doesn't show up when I search it in the iTunes or mobile version of the app store. Perhaps it's too new to show up in those places right now?
I really hope they haven't completely redone this version to lean on IAPs... didn't they do the same 're-release free version' sort of thing with Zenonia 3?
Very odd indeed. Happy to get it for free but Gamevil is doing some strange voodoo lately.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
12-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Yep, think this is the same thing they did with Zenonia 3. If you notice, when you click on the link it has "DESTINIA." with that dot at the end. The "free" version of Zenonia 3 also has that extra dot.

I haven't the two different versions of Zenonia 3 so can't say how much difference there is, but I would have to guess it's the level of IAPs required to get through the game (even though both have IAPs).

Interestingly, the freebie of Advena today does not have the dot and appears to be a true "sale".
12-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Yep, think this is the same thing they did with Zenonia 3. If you notice, when you click on the link it has "DESTINIA." with that dot at the end. The "free" version of Zenonia 3 also has that extra dot.

I haven't the two different versions of Zenonia 3 so can't say how much difference there is, but I would have to guess it's the level of IAPs required to get through the game (even though both have IAPs).

Interestingly, the freebie of Advena today does not have the dot and appears to be a true "sale".
I have the free version of Zenonia 3 But I haven't played it enough to know how screwed I'm going to be without IAP.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
12-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud
I have the free version of Zenonia 3 But I haven't played it enough to know how screwed I'm going to be without IAP.
Here's a hint:

Very.

Currently enjoying: CtR, AB: Space, Guitar Hero, Rock Band Reloaded, Burger Queen World, Hunters: Episode One, Batman Arkham Lockdown, Ice Race, Bar Oasis1.5, Air Gamblers: Supremacy, Mage Gauntlet, Real Racing 2, Inotia2/3, Undercroft, Pocket Warriors, Ascension, Chaos Rings
12-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbraVir View Post
Here's a hint:

Very.
Well, this "freebie" probably doesn't even deserve a thread if this is Gamevil's evil plan. Does get me curious though how much better of a deal the $.99 versions of these are.