Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-14-2011, 06:49 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default iDamaged - (by Nils Widmer) - Universal App

Last edited by Echoseven; 12-15-2011 at 12:45 AM..
Old 12-14-2011, 07:54 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

This looks a lot like an old Amiga game called "Walker." If it's a remake of sorts, or at least based on it, that would be a pretty good reason to get a little bit excited.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:24 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Good call, Gabrien. It looks a *lot* like a juiced-up version of Walker, yes - almost like a classic era Capcom arcade version of it. I'm definitely looking forward to this one a lot, especially if it plays as good as I'm hoping it will.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:40 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
This looks a lot like an old Amiga game called "Walker." If it's a remake of sorts, or at least based on it, that would be a pretty good reason to get a little bit excited.
Yep, seems like Walker alright, only from the opposite direction

The name belies what seems like a modern day version of a classic (the "i" moniker: don't use it. Apple barely pulls it off). I'll be picking this up, even though I have little fondness for side-scrolling action games (few modern iterations can even come close to classics such as Walker and Abuse anyways And I usually detest the typical "contemporary games can't compete with classics" sentiment, so when I give voice to such an opinion, I am either stoned out of my minds and pants, or I really, truly mean it ).
Old 12-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

This has peaked my interest, but wondering if this is going to have the same overall feel of games like Robot Rampage. Particularly with comments like this:

"Playing iDamaged really makes you feel like you’re Godzilla or King Kong..." - iFanzine.com
Old 12-14-2011, 01:35 PM
iPhone 4

Bought. Been following this game since last year (~halfway through its development...).

I haven't played Robot Rampage so I can't compare it to this game, but I can try to provide some descriptive comments on this game, if anyone needs it.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Banned
iPhone 3G, iOS 4.x

I dont know from the screenshots the graphics look stiff and not animated. The explosion effect looks the same in each frame.Need a video, I cant wait for impressions on this game.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:57 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Is it me or does the walker share some similarity, say, to an AT-ST from Star Wars?!?

Not that that's a bad thing!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:32 PM
iPhone 4

Impressions:

Graphics
VERY well designed and animated robot. It looks like a giant Star Wars AT-ST, with fluid animations and detailed features. In short, the machine is a piece of eye candy.
The environments are equally well designed. Backgrounds I've seen so far have been impressive, either in scale or degree of destruction.
Explosions are however, underwhelming at best. Enemies usually explode in a fuzzy blue ball of flash. Not very appealing because the explosions look to simplistic.

Gameplay
- Controls
Multiple control options for movement and aiming. For movement, there's a use of L/R buttons or tilt. No sensitivity for tilt controls though, which can make movement a bit hard to control in a frantic firefight (believe it or not, the robot can move very fast). L/R buttons have a fair share of problems because the robot automatically move at maximum speed, a bit too fast for my tastes.
Aiming comes in the for of relative touch or tilt. Same business as movement, except tilt sensitivity can be adjusted.
- Gameplay
Fun? But a bit dissatisfying. You control a red At-ST armed with a default machine gun and can pickup other armament ammo from destroyed enemies. Pretty plain side scrolling shooter affair. Except, the 'action' is quite missing.
Your robot is big, which translates to a large hit area for your enemies. You have no evasive maneuvers in your disposal except moving (usually to the very back of the screen). It seems the developers realize that, and enemies I've encountered fall into 3 groups: direct fire, the ones that hit you and the ones that fire at such an angle that you won't be hit at the end of the screen, and ones that fire a projectile into the air before coming down. Of course, there's another category of cannon fodders that don't fire at all.

However, I wouldn't say the game lack challenge because the enemies that hit you will hit hard. Most levels will therefore fall into a cycle of eliminating enemies posing a direct threat to you (read: replaying levels and relying on memory) before shooting the harmless ones and moving on.

At times, the game feels like a shooting gallery, with a big robot fairing against a bunch of military designed vehicles.

Replay value
Mmm... upgrades...
Your robot is fully upgradeable. Everything have 3 levels of significant and practical upgrades. Upgrades include weapons and mech stats.
Points are used for upgrades, and are only earned through completing equipment challenges eg. machine gun challenge IV 40 points - Destroy 150 enemies with the weapon.
Points are very grindable, but feels a bit random at times because weapon drops are not common and some weapons are harder to use than others (napalm - a short range flamethrower).

Conclusion:
Accomplished effort, but missing that 'fun factor' for destroying enemies with a walking machine due to predictable combat and unexciting explosions.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:37 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to your personal robot

WALKER!!!
*getting wet eyes
Memories!