Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-14-2011, 08:14 AM
Echoseven Echoseven is offline
Moderator
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The red Skittle
Posts: 4,957
Default Monkey Island Tales 2 - (by Telltale)



Last edited by Echoseven; 12-15-2011 at 12:49 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-14-2011, 08:16 AM
Sanuku Sanuku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,564
Default

Anyone wana bet that it will run as Laggy as the HD Version?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-14-2011, 09:20 AM
robertgarcia robertgarcia is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 167
Default

Im getting this. I enjoyed the first part. I hadnt played a new monkey island game since MI2.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Ayjona Ayjona is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgarcia View Post
Im getting this. I enjoyed the first part. I hadnt played a new monkey island game since MI2.
Then you should at least give MI3 a good chance. Not up to par with MI1 and MI2 it might be, but it is still one of the better classic adventure/puzzle ever, and still full of that monkeying spirit

(The fourth Monkey Island title actually has many good moments as well, but ironically, thanks to the 3D graphics, it is looking rather dated now.)

I'm so glad Telltale finally saw the wisdom of releasing Tales for the iPhone/iPod Touch. Hopefully, they will inspire other iPad-specific developers to forego their own doubts about whether their game will be a good fit for the iPhone, and just let us decide (Jeff/Spiderweb, I'm looking at ya ).
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-14-2011, 01:58 PM
robertgarcia robertgarcia is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
Then you should at least give MI3 a good chance. Not up to par with MI1 and MI2 it might be, but it is still one of the better classic adventure/puzzle ever, and still full of that monkeying spirit

(The fourth Monkey Island title actually has many good moments as well, but ironically, thanks to the 3D graphics, it is looking rather dated now.)

I'm so glad Telltale finally saw the wisdom of releasing Tales for the iPhone/iPod Touch. Hopefully, they will inspire other iPad-specific developers to forego their own doubts about whether their game will be a good fit for the iPhone, and just let us decide (Jeff/Spiderweb, I'm looking at ya ).

Is MI3 available for iPhone? I played MI1 and 20 years ago on my PC but then I stopped playing video games in the mid 90s for 20 years and I just started playing them again on my iPhone a few months ago. Tales 1 was very nice and I'll play 2 and 3 4 5.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:22 PM
elimcfly elimcfly is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgarcia View Post
Is MI3 available for iPhone? I played MI1 and 20 years ago on my PC but then I stopped playing video games in the mid 90s for 20 years and I just started playing them again on my iPhone a few months ago. Tales 1 was very nice and I'll play 2 and 3 4 5.

3 is available to play on the iPod touch through the Scumm Emulator and a copy of the original game. It's just the ship combat is difficult.

It's a shame the iPod/iPhone port isn't getting more love, it's absolutely amazing that this is playing on my iPod considering my computer lagged like crazy playing it.

Hopefully Back to the Future is next
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:24 PM
robertgarcia robertgarcia is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elimcfly View Post
3 is available to play on the iPod touch through the Scumm Emulator and a copy of the original game. It's just the ship combat is difficult.

It's a shame the iPod/iPhone port isn't getting more love, it's absolutely amazing that this is playing on my iPod considering my computer lagged like crazy playing it.

Hopefully Back to the Future is next
On the graphic adventure department LOOM brings me good memories
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Ayjona Ayjona is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgarcia View Post
Is MI3 available for iPhone? I played MI1 and 20 years ago on my PC but then I stopped playing video games in the mid 90s for 20 years and I just started playing them again on my iPhone a few months ago. Tales 1 was very nice and I'll play 2 and 3 4 5.
If run through ScummVM (an adventure game emulator), it runs very well on most iDevices, but requires you to be jailbroken. Should you happen to be, it opens the door to hundreds of classic adventure games, and, should you lean towards that kind of experience, offers more fun than half of all the games in the App Store combined

As for gaming, yer story kinda resembles mine. One day I upped and realized I was no gamer anymore. The coming of iOS changed that, but only in a small way. I prefer it this way, by far
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-15-2011, 12:44 AM
elimcfly elimcfly is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 646
Default

Episode 2 is great so far!

PS: Episode 1 is FREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Go get it if you had any doubts!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent