Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-14-2011, 08:14 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Monkey Island Tales 2 - (by Telltale)

Last edited by Echoseven; 12-15-2011 at 12:49 AM..
Old 12-14-2011, 08:16 AM

Anyone wana bet that it will run as Laggy as the HD Version?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:20 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Im getting this. I enjoyed the first part. I hadnt played a new monkey island game since MI2.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:43 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgarcia View Post
Im getting this. I enjoyed the first part. I hadnt played a new monkey island game since MI2.
Then you should at least give MI3 a good chance. Not up to par with MI1 and MI2 it might be, but it is still one of the better classic adventure/puzzle ever, and still full of that monkeying spirit

(The fourth Monkey Island title actually has many good moments as well, but ironically, thanks to the 3D graphics, it is looking rather dated now.)

I'm so glad Telltale finally saw the wisdom of releasing Tales for the iPhone/iPod Touch. Hopefully, they will inspire other iPad-specific developers to forego their own doubts about whether their game will be a good fit for the iPhone, and just let us decide (Jeff/Spiderweb, I'm looking at ya ).
Old 12-14-2011, 01:58 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
Then you should at least give MI3 a good chance. Not up to par with MI1 and MI2 it might be, but it is still one of the better classic adventure/puzzle ever, and still full of that monkeying spirit

(The fourth Monkey Island title actually has many good moments as well, but ironically, thanks to the 3D graphics, it is looking rather dated now.)

I'm so glad Telltale finally saw the wisdom of releasing Tales for the iPhone/iPod Touch. Hopefully, they will inspire other iPad-specific developers to forego their own doubts about whether their game will be a good fit for the iPhone, and just let us decide (Jeff/Spiderweb, I'm looking at ya ).

Is MI3 available for iPhone? I played MI1 and 20 years ago on my PC but then I stopped playing video games in the mid 90s for 20 years and I just started playing them again on my iPhone a few months ago. Tales 1 was very nice and I'll play 2 and 3 4 5.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Is MI3 available for iPhone? I played MI1 and 20 years ago on my PC but then I stopped playing video games in the mid 90s for 20 years and I just started playing them again on my iPhone a few months ago. Tales 1 was very nice and I'll play 2 and 3 4 5.

3 is available to play on the iPod touch through the Scumm Emulator and a copy of the original game. It's just the ship combat is difficult.

It's a shame the iPod/iPhone port isn't getting more love, it's absolutely amazing that this is playing on my iPod considering my computer lagged like crazy playing it.

Hopefully Back to the Future is next
Old 12-14-2011, 02:24 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by elimcfly View Post
3 is available to play on the iPod touch through the Scumm Emulator and a copy of the original game. It's just the ship combat is difficult.

It's a shame the iPod/iPhone port isn't getting more love, it's absolutely amazing that this is playing on my iPod considering my computer lagged like crazy playing it.

Hopefully Back to the Future is next
On the graphic adventure department LOOM brings me good memories
Old 12-14-2011, 07:15 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
If run through ScummVM (an adventure game emulator), it runs very well on most iDevices, but requires you to be jailbroken. Should you happen to be, it opens the door to hundreds of classic adventure games, and, should you lean towards that kind of experience, offers more fun than half of all the games in the App Store combined

As for gaming, yer story kinda resembles mine. One day I upped and realized I was no gamer anymore. The coming of iOS changed that, but only in a small way. I prefer it this way, by far
Old 12-15-2011, 12:44 AM

Episode 2 is great so far!

PS: Episode 1 is FREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Go get it if you had any doubts!