Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-14-2011, 07:58 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default FiTS by Reiner Knizia (Ravensburger) - Universal App

Last edited by New England Gamer; 12-14-2011 at 10:03 PM..
Old 12-14-2011, 08:27 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Are board layouts of bonus/penalties randomized, or just like the real board game, fixed?
Old 12-14-2011, 08:29 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

This will be mine. Oh, yes. This will be mine.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:53 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Does is have a single player mode? I get nervous when the description does not clearly state the game has a solo mode, having been burned so many times in the past (yes, I'm talking to you, Ravensburger, with that unfortunate Labyrinth game).
Old 12-14-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarsonx View Post
Does is have a single player mode? I get nervous when the description does not clearly state the game has a solo mode, having been burned so many times in the past (yes, I'm talking to you, Ravensburger, with that unfortunate Labyrinth game).
OT response - Labyrinth was updated to include single player AI
Old 12-14-2011, 09:06 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

A vid would be nice but rarely happens with RK's games.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:08 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
OT response - Labyrinth was updated to include single player AI
Thx! Redownloading and crossing Ravensburger off my naughty list. For now.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:17 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Back on naughty list.

While the core game is playable, there is very little support for the player. I can't imagine that anyone who is unfamiliar with the game having any idea what is going on. The tutorial is cursory and incomplete, not covering, for instance, the levels where you can't cover matching symbols. Sorely missing is a summary of each level of precisely how your score was calculated. Even if you have played the physical board game, I'd like the app to tell me how I got my score -- how many lines I completed, how many gaps I left, how many points I got from leaving spots uncovered, etc.

For some reason the solo game comprises 8 levels when the original board game has 4 levels per game, which is more manageable. Also the levels are different than the original board game. And it appears that the 8 levels are all that are in the game, despite the many expansions that have been created for the original board game. So as presented, the game seems both too lengthy at 8 levels, while also not having enough variety of multiple game sets, which is amazing given how easy they would be able to be coded into the game.

Very disappointing.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:25 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Too excited with this as I make double post, sorry for that.
But then clarsonx is disappointed, so hmm... hesitated now.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:37 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarsonx View Post
Back on naughty list.

While the core game is playable, there is very little support for the player. I can't imagine that anyone who is unfamiliar with the game having any idea what is going on. The tutorial is cursory and incomplete, not covering, for instance, the levels where you can't cover matching symbols. Sorely missing is a summary of each level of precisely how your score was calculated. Even if you have played the physical board game, I'd like the app to tell me how I got my score -- how many lines I completed, how many gaps I left, how many points I got from leaving spots uncovered, etc.

For some reason the solo game comprises 8 levels when the original board game has 4 levels per game, which is more manageable. Also the levels are different than the original board game. And it appears that the 8 levels are all that are in the game, despite the many expansions that have been created for the original board game. So as presented, the game seems both too lengthy at 8 levels, while also not having enough variety of multiple game sets, which is amazing given how easy they would be able to be coded into the game.

Very disappointing.
Glad I read this. I picked up Ramses II since it's on sale for a buck but the tutorial is non existent. Only a vague pop of the story and general layout is given with no explanation of endgame or scoring. I'm not really interested in paying 4 dollars for an app if it can't give me clean instructions on how to play.

It's a shame cause otherwise I would have bought it outright if only to show Ravensburger that they should be making all their games as universal builds