★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Does it fit or doesn't it? That's what it's all about in FiTS!

Dr. Reiner Knizia's FiTS is based on Ravensburger's board game of the same name. FiTs challenges your tactical skills, and your luck!

The aim of the game is to fill the game board with 16 different tiles. You can play alone or with a friend on the same iPad. Your challenge: find the courage to leave gaps!

The right squares should be left uncovered in order to score more points. You should nevertheless block as many free squares as possible. Flip your tiles, mirror them or discard them. With the right tactics, overcome many challenges and become a master of the game!

Features:
Universal app: Purchase once to play on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
Multiplayer: Exciting two-player gaming on a single device (only on iPad).
Additional levels: More challenges than the original board game.
Game Center Support with worldwide Leaderboards.
Tutorial: Even beginners can easily get to grips with the game.
A game from the world-famous author Dr. Reiner Knizia.

Become a fan of Ravensburger Digital on Facebook and find out more about our new apps, exclusive competitions and behind the scenes information about the development of our apps:

http://www.facebook.com/RavensburgerDigitalGmbH
12-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Are board layouts of bonus/penalties randomized, or just like the real board game, fixed?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

12-14-2011, 08:29 AM
This will be mine. Oh, yes. This will be mine.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
12-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Does is have a single player mode? I get nervous when the description does not clearly state the game has a solo mode, having been burned so many times in the past (yes, I'm talking to you, Ravensburger, with that unfortunate Labyrinth game).
12-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarsonx View Post
Does is have a single player mode? I get nervous when the description does not clearly state the game has a solo mode, having been burned so many times in the past (yes, I'm talking to you, Ravensburger, with that unfortunate Labyrinth game).
OT response - Labyrinth was updated to include single player AI
12-14-2011, 09:06 AM
A vid would be nice but rarely happens with RK's games.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
12-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
OT response - Labyrinth was updated to include single player AI
Thx! Redownloading and crossing Ravensburger off my naughty list. For now.
12-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Back on naughty list.

While the core game is playable, there is very little support for the player. I can't imagine that anyone who is unfamiliar with the game having any idea what is going on. The tutorial is cursory and incomplete, not covering, for instance, the levels where you can't cover matching symbols. Sorely missing is a summary of each level of precisely how your score was calculated. Even if you have played the physical board game, I'd like the app to tell me how I got my score -- how many lines I completed, how many gaps I left, how many points I got from leaving spots uncovered, etc.

For some reason the solo game comprises 8 levels when the original board game has 4 levels per game, which is more manageable. Also the levels are different than the original board game. And it appears that the 8 levels are all that are in the game, despite the many expansions that have been created for the original board game. So as presented, the game seems both too lengthy at 8 levels, while also not having enough variety of multiple game sets, which is amazing given how easy they would be able to be coded into the game.

Very disappointing.
12-15-2011, 01:25 AM
Too excited with this as I make double post, sorry for that.
But then clarsonx is disappointed, so hmm... hesitated now.

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
12-15-2011, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarsonx View Post
Back on naughty list.

While the core game is playable, there is very little support for the player. I can't imagine that anyone who is unfamiliar with the game having any idea what is going on. The tutorial is cursory and incomplete, not covering, for instance, the levels where you can't cover matching symbols. Sorely missing is a summary of each level of precisely how your score was calculated. Even if you have played the physical board game, I'd like the app to tell me how I got my score -- how many lines I completed, how many gaps I left, how many points I got from leaving spots uncovered, etc.

For some reason the solo game comprises 8 levels when the original board game has 4 levels per game, which is more manageable. Also the levels are different than the original board game. And it appears that the 8 levels are all that are in the game, despite the many expansions that have been created for the original board game. So as presented, the game seems both too lengthy at 8 levels, while also not having enough variety of multiple game sets, which is amazing given how easy they would be able to be coded into the game.

Very disappointing.
Glad I read this. I picked up Ramses II since it's on sale for a buck but the tutorial is non existent. Only a vague pop of the story and general layout is given with no explanation of endgame or scoring. I'm not really interested in paying 4 dollars for an app if it can't give me clean instructions on how to play.

It's a shame cause otherwise I would have bought it outright if only to show Ravensburger that they should be making all their games as universal builds