★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Punk Justice 1.1 Update is Out!! ($.99)

05-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Punk Justice 1.1 Update is Out!! ($.99)

PUNK JUSTICE - $0.99 - 27.4 MB

First of all, congratulations to Wastedyuthe, moderator of this forum and game developer!

Here's the game description:

Quote:
A fighting game like no other!
Play Jed, a local punk who wants a peaceful life for his family, as he rids his local parks of the gangs that have claimed them as their own.

Features:
- Fast, strategic fighting action, as you take on the gang members one at a time
- Simple controls, utilizing 4 in-fight buttons- 2 for dodging, 2 for punching
- Jab, straight, hook, and uppercut punch using different combinations
- Dodge your opponents attack, then counter attack as they withdraw their punch
- 4 gangs/opponents, each having their own speed of attack
- 4 ranks- the higher the rank, the tougher the opponent
- Balanced opponent statistics. The faster they are, the less powerful. Likewise for their offensive and defensive tactics
- 4 fight types: Normal, Timed, Endurance, and Double
- Campaign mode, featuring 4 parks- each defended by 9 opponents of which you must choose to fight (based on the fight type the gangs pick for you)
- Different medals are awarded on campaign completion, depending on how well you did.
- Quick Fight mode, featuring a Random option
- Stylish comic-style characters
- Full in-game instructions
- Play your own Library music while fighting
Update version 2.0 has now been submitted, featuring 3 difficulty levels and a lot more! (see THIS post for the list of additions)

STRATEGY GUIDE

Ver 1.1 Gameplay Vid (new in-game titles, thanks to feedback from ver 1.0):

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

Last edited by wastedyuthe; 05-29-2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: added version 2.0 info and moved things about
05-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Doesn't look bad, anyone willing to TOFTT?

05-07-2009, 12:17 AM
retro fighting here we come.. anyone TOFTT?

ZENONIA
ZENONIA
ZENONIA
ZENONIA
05-07-2009, 12:19 AM
BTW it goes without saying that everyone knows a mod here wrote this, right? (wastedyuthe).

Don't check this site or private messages often.
05-07-2009, 12:27 AM
Downloading now

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

05-07-2009, 12:28 AM
YuYu!!

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
05-07-2009, 12:29 AM
...rolling fingers on desk
05-07-2009, 12:39 AM
Awesome. Awesome Awesome Awesome. I love everything about this game. The graphics are awesome, the game flows really well, I like the simple controls, Low price, etc. Music and sound effects are great too. As an added bonus it was made by my friend wastedyuthe, so why not go buy it just to support him? Hell, I would do it just for that reason even if this game was terrible. The first few fights are easy, but I dont yet know how difficult they get or the replay value for this game, but there is a quick fight mode, so I guess in theory it has infinite replay until you get bored with it. For a dollar, this is a no brainer. Go buy it already!

05-07-2009, 12:41 AM
AUughh! It is so hard to dodge punches! But this is a good thing, at least there is a learning curve. The more I play, the better I will get. Hopefully YuYu will come in here and take suggestions for the next update.

I have a few. Survival mode, where you fight as many people as you can in a row, then compare scores with other people online.

Umm, thats all for now.

05-07-2009, 12:45 AM
Okay Wastedyuthe, I just bought this, so it better not suck I'll post thoughts when I've had the chance to play it, but I'm sure some of you guys will beat me to it

[Edit]

See, I knew it. People beat me to it while I was writing the post saying people would beat me to it!

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre