★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Vectorpark.com
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 83.5 MB
  • Version: 1.2.8
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: Explore a dream-like world of eleven beautifully-constructed environments in this iPad adaptation of the classic desktop adventure. Equal parts puzzle game, physics toy, and living picture-book, Windosill rewards playful investigation with mysterious and beautiful surprises. Designed to be experienced in a single sitting (anywhere between 20 minutes and 2 hours), Windosill is suitable for clever kids and imaginative adults alike.

----

For fans of the original, this is no simple port. In order to create the best possible experience, we've rebuilt Windosill as a native iOS app and customized the behavior of every element to the iPad's touch interface. We believe this is the best version of Windosill yet.

We've also added some bonus features:

- A sketchbook gallery of concept and development artwork.

- The option to instantly skip to any room you've already completed (helpful if you want to re-visit a particular part).

- Complex Gravity, which allows you to manipulate objects by tipping your iPad.

- See-Thru Mode, which makes everything translucent -- giving you a sneak-peek into how Windosill is assembled.

----

"Windosill isn't like anything I've played on the iPad before, and it proved to be a delightful, playful surprise. Give it a shot, and you'll be glad you did." - Kotaku.com

"An incredible show of 3D vector art, combining puzzles, physics, and gorgeous visuals, all rolled into a neat little package." - G4TV.com

Praise for the desktop version:

"A magically-alive hyper-reality..." - OffWorld (BoingBoing.net)

"Explore a surreal environment by touching things, watching their incredibly smooth animation as they respond, and unpeeling their internal logic... the focus is always, always on playfulness and discovery... it's a joy to play Windosill." - JayIsGames.com

"Windosill somehow manages to be calming without being boring, challenging without being frustrating, and surprising without being gimmicky." - Destructoid

goiMot's comments:
PC version:

12-14-2011, 09:51 AM
I can't quite put my finger on it, and I'm not sure if I'm simply nuts, but to me at least, this looks ber kool..!!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja

12-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Please don`t tell me that they are expecting from us to pay $2.99 for 8 Minutes of Fun?
12-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Please don`t tell me that they are expecting from us to pay $2.99 for 8 Minutes of Fun?
Good point, I didnt notice the length of the video footage - I only watched the first few minutes!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
12-16-2011, 05:24 AM
No impressions?
12-16-2011, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannorexic View Post
No impressions?
Here's some:

Windosill is short. Very short. You'll probably play through the 'whole' game in about ten minutes. At $2.99 (1.99), some would question it's value.

However - and this is a biggie - Windosill is clever, beautifully put together, gorgeous, and utterly charming. And with this borne in mind, I personally consider it to be something of a bargain.

It'll certainly be staying on my iPad for some time to come.

Hall of Fame:
12-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Thank you! I'm not fussed with it being short, i jet wanted to know if the small amount of gameplay it does have is brilliant, and it sounds like it is so I think I'll give it a go!
Plus it's reduced to $1.99 so why not!
12-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannorexic View Post
Thank you! I'm not fussed with it being short, i jet wanted to know if the small amount of gameplay it does have is brilliant, and it sounds like it is so I think I'll give it a go!
Plus it's reduced to $1.99 so why not!
Good man. Hope you like it as much as I did.

I posted a (5 star) review on the UK App Store today and noticed that seven other reviews had already been posted - every single one was rated at 5 stars.

Hall of Fame:
12-18-2011, 03:07 AM
Game dropped to $0.99. Now we are talking about a fair Pricevalue.
12-18-2011, 04:10 AM
I'm a little annoyed at the huge price drop after only a day or two..
It's kind if like their punishing their early adopters..
I downloaded it last night but j haven't gotten around the playing it yet,
There's only 3 reviews in my AppStore, a 4 star, a 5 star and a 1 star.The one star person clearly doesn't get the game..there all like "this is just crazy that the devs profit off this stupid toy that does nothing" Ignorance!

If the company that made windowsill was smart, they'd make "feed the head" free for a day to promote windowsill. It can drive sales up by heaps as people will understand what windowsill is about, an abstract puzzle experience with awesome artwork.