★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Appdream
  • Genre: Trivia
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 13.7 MB
  • Version: 1.6
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The popular country outline quiz is now available for iPhone and iPod touch!

Border Brain offers a great deal of fun in both a single-player and a duel mode. The Game Center Leaderboard and Achievements are supported as well, so you can compete with the rest of the world and become the world champion - if you're good enough.

Improve your knowledge of the borderlines of all the countries in the world in a playful and fun manner!

Features:
- Singleplayer mode: Get the perfect high score!
- Duel mode: Answer as quickly as possible and defeat your opponent
- Training mode: Learn every countrys outline
- Game Center Leaderboard
- Game Center Achievements
- Super-detailed Retina graphics

Chronocore's comments:
Hi,

my new game is out now:

Border Brain - The Country Outline Quiz:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/border-brain/id484976101

Try to identify countries due to the slowly drawn country outline.
If you're interested in geography and countries, give it a try. :-)

Features:
- Singleplayer with Game Center Leaderboards
- 2 Player Duel
- Game Center Achievements
- Training mode
- Retina graphics

iPad/Universal version will be available after Xmas.

Have fun
Stefan
12-14-2011, 11:32 AM
I like the idea of this, but: does it only have a multiple choice mode? I really don't like geography games that do that because it makes it much too easy. I wouldn't immediately have recognized Mexico from that screenshot, but if you gave me the choice between Mexico, Russia and Greece, Mexico would be the only option left, because I can see immediately that it's not Russia or Greece.
12-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi Lena,
yes, we though a lot about the best possibility to let the player choose the result.

First idea: present a scroll view with all the nearly 200 countries. Problem: You have to scroll endless until you find the right solution. You could add the A-B-C-D... Shortcuts on the right, but also here you get overwhelmed about the amount of possible results and have to search for the result.

Second idea: present a textfield & keyboard to let the player type in the result (and present a list of countries after the first letter input). But Keyboards are imho not really "funny", not ideal for a game.

So we end up with a multiple choice solution... We think that's the best solution for most gamer.

Voice input a la siri would be ideal... I would like to implement it, if Apple makes a Siri-Interface available...

Oh, and if the game is too easy for you: Try the hard level. :-)
10-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Border brain

I am enjoying Border Brain, but can't figure out how people score 400,000 plus in 10 attempts. Please advise.