YouTube: Video
Old 01-19-2013, 10:43 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Gift Codes:
43LYKME4A7HR
W6NLPFJHE74J
R73P3HHTYHHR
PHNRM6LR66ER

Last edited by pcaddict08; 01-20-2013 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: Removed used gift codes
Old 01-20-2013, 11:47 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Took M93 code and just hooking up to iCade now.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Hey there - gave it a go there with the iCade and without. Firstly, I have to say that I like it. Reminds me, stylistically, of the Commodore 64 version of Kokotoni Wilf with the dinosaurs. I played through 7 of the 15 levels and really enjoyed them. Good platforming and puzzling (with the keys) fare. I have a feeling it will be too short but the levels may get longer or you may add more later. Really enjoyed with iCade. I tried without iCade and was disappointed it was tilt only. I don't really do tilt on the iPad and definitely not for a platformer. Sorry about that it really s just one of those things. Mikey Shorts probably for me has the tightest controls for a platformer on iOS to date. I'd make it universal, add good touch controls and more worlds and even a time challenge/speed run for the level. I see there is a clock and there is opportunities for different strategies to get past the dinosaurs.
I liked it with iCade and with a little bit more meat on there I think it could be a nice little game. Needs another touch control though and able to work on iPhone/iPod too.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:23 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Thanks for the criticism! I will agree that after using the iCade, it's a lot more difficult to use the tilt/tap controls. However, the reasoning behind the tilt/tap concept is that the game is designed to make you have to remain still in order to avoid the dinosaurs. Forcing the user to do so with the device as well seemed to me to add another level of depth. In the future though, I'll likely add an exclusively touch control scheme.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:48 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaddict08 View Post
Thanks for the criticism! I will agree that after using the iCade, it's a lot more difficult to use the tilt/tap controls. However, the reasoning behind the tilt/tap concept is that the game is designed to make you have to remain still in order to avoid the dinosaurs. Forcing the user to do so with the device as well seemed to me to add another level of depth. In the future though, I'll likely add an exclusively touch control scheme.
Actually makes more sense now. I just don't really like tilt on iPad or platformers. Nice little game though. Proper old skool.