App description: Check out our new slicing game KingHunt!

#1 Sports Game in US and 70 other countries. Over 2 million players!
From the developers of Minigore and Bike Baron.

Gameplay video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkFP2C512Y4

A Tribute to Hat Trick

Ice Rage brings the classic 8-bit hockey experience to the 21st century! We dare you to take on John Gore, or challenge your friend in the most intense single-device multiplayer you've ever experienced.

There are tons of unique characters to choose from! Try out the Ice Aces, amazing special characters such as lightning fast Santa or heavy-hitting Enviro-Bear. Team up with crazy goalies like Antero the Red Wall, and you are sure to get the upper hand.

Music and sound fx from the audio designer of Alan Wake & Max Payne.

FEATURES:

- iOS 7 controller support
- Universal build
- Optimized to run at 60 fps

- Single-device multiplayer for 2 people
-Game Center online leaderboards
- Awesome 3d graphics

- Customize your matches
- Three difficulties: easy, medium and hard
- Rage-Off multiplayer mode: Destroy your friend!
- Tournament mode: Can you defeat the legendary Skar?

Like Ice Rage on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iceragegame

TimoVihola's comments:

We just pressed the "release" button so Ice Rage should be available right about now

(I did a new thread because I want to be able to update the first post with new info as we work on the updates. If somebody can merge the two threads that would be great!)

I added a gameplay video to the post.
12-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
-Controls are responsive, but quite floaty.
The next update will include sharper controls, without sacrificing the feeling of skating on ice too much. Let us know how you like it when the update comes out!
12-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatAV05 View Post
This Game is really cool so far, I would love to see unlockable characters like in Minigore. Also multiple human teams or the ability to customize colors would be cool. All in all, definitely worth a buck, real cool game!
We have just finished putting this fellow into the game, we're almost ready to submit the update

KingHunt - The Next Generation Slicing Game Lead designer
Bike Baron artist & co-creator
Minigore artist & co-creator
Ice Rage artist & co-creator
Death Rally game designer

12-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Goalie AI is pretty weak on diagonal shots.

What about an option for a manual goalie control like the old EA sports hockey games? The goalie just mimics your up/down input?
12-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by x999x View Post

What about an option for a manual goalie control like the old EA sports hockey games? The goalie just mimics your up/down input?
When you turn on the 'hard' mode at the start your goalie is manually controlled and mimics your up/down input. We just wanted to make things more approachable for casual players.

However, we recognize we should make the goalie smarter, too. It's on the "to do" list.
12-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by x999x View Post

The smarter auto-goalie is not just on the todo list. It's already been done and will be included in the next update. I promise.
12-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Loving the sound of these updates. Great work guys.
12-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Bike Baron!

Now what I'd really love is the Hook Champ dude. Anyone agree?

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
12-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Wow, that was fast!

iPad 3 iOS 6.1 32GB
iPod 5 iOS 6.1 32GB
12-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Still on the fence but this one looks promising.

ETA - Fell off the fence

Love the 1 v 1 aspect (i.e. I don't think it needs more players on ice) and I like the rage/accuracy/fight metrics mentioned a few pages back. It plays pretty well for single device multiplayer even on an ip4s and while that is a strong selling point local bluetooth/wifi multiplayer would likely add to your market as well (hint the person I played against mentioned that local bluetooth multiplayer would make it perfect).

Last edited by 1776-1865_RIP; 12-16-2011 at 11:27 PM.
12-17-2011, 06:15 AM
Just a heads up to all of you fans: the first Ice Rage update has now been submitted! The full change list can be found below. Let's hope Apple processes it quickly.

Oh, did I mention we are already working on the next update? Thanks for all the support!

✔ You can now also play the blue team!
✔ Bike Baron as a playable character.
✔ Improved and more responsive gameplay.
✔ Funny victory animations have been added!
✔ You can block opponent's shots with your player.
✔ Tackle indicator has been added.

✔ Player's goalie AI is smarter.
✔ Upgraded mono sounds to stereo sounds!
✔ More sound effects.

Tutorial assets have been tweaked.
New icon. Red team gets the spot in the limelight!