Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-14-2011, 02:59 PM

Here's a gameplay video to give you better idea of the main selling point, which is the one screen multiplayer:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 12-14-2011, 03:06 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashead2000 View Post
Totally agree with all youve put

All i would like is to see more content playable characters is a must next update

But 69p is worth it just for the icon
Nice to hear you like the icon. And there's even a game included for free if you purchase the icon.

Did you notice that there are nine different human characters selectable when you click the topmost player selection icon? The feature doesn't really advertise itself much, and could be more visible.

Last edited by PetriKero; 12-14-2011 at 03:29 PM..
Old 12-14-2011, 03:11 PM

I only see 4 human guys to select

I wish you could at least change if you want to play as red or blue
Old 12-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Nice video it shows you exactly what your getting. BŁ the app store pictures are a bit misleading as one of them shows a few players on the ice and that doesnt happen so maybe it should be changed.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:15 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via MSN to rooteboy

Good game, I left a nice review on the app store
one improvement would be if you skid when you do a sharp turn and ice sprays (i hope get what I'm saying)

One question though, how do I use the blue team ?
Old 12-14-2011, 03:24 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Here are my quick impressions:

Pros:

-Fun pick-up and play game, especially for two players on one device. I'm playing on an iPad, so I can't really comment on how well it plays on the smaller iPhone. I could imagine that your hands would cover a good portion of the screen. On the iPad, that's not a big deal. The top-down perspective is perfect for multiplayer games. I'm at my desk eating lunch, so I started a multiplayer game and controlled both players at the same time. I assume it's easier when you're actually playing against someone and only in control of one character.

-Great graphics. Crisp, clean images of characters that we're all familiar with. The app icon is awesome. Love the old-school goalie mask.

Cons:

-Limited options...extremely limited. You get a red team and a blue team. Each has two playable characters. There's an additional Santa character available for an IAP of $0.99. Music and sound can be turned off independently. The joypad images can be turned off, if you want. If you select single player, you have to play as the red team, which effectively limits you to two playable characters. In a multiplayer game, the player on the right gets the blue team and the player on theleft gets the red team. Games are a single period of 1:45.

Things to consider:

-Controls are responsive, but quite floaty. As a hockey player myself, I would like to have seen sharper control of the character. It'd be cool to see a hard hockey stop that showered the goalie with snow. As it is now, it's more of a frictionless feel. Real-life hockey players can carve and change directions on a dime. Not so here. It's obviously not a simulation, but more of a fun arcade action game, so the controls are passable (and quite responsive) once you get used to the feel.

-There's one button that doubles as the shoot button when you have the puck and the check/steal button when you don't. I would like to have seen maybe a couple of buttons for different actions, like shoot/pass or stick check/shoulder check.

-Gameplay is limited. Each game consists of one period that is 1:45 long. There's two-vs.-two action against the AI (three difficulty levels from super easy to impossibly hard). And, there's two-vs.-two action against a human opponent. That's it. You can select your character, but that's the only choice you get. Would like to see larger teams on the ice at the same time. Season play would be nice or at the very least a short tournament bracket.

For $0.99 it's a fun multiplayer game on a single device. It's at the right pricepoint. There's just not enough content to justify anything else. I imagine additional characters will be added as IAP. No Game Center. No online multiplayer. No achievements. No leaderboards (as is, there's no point). If you have an iPad and you want a down & dirty multiplayer-single-device game, then definitely check it out. It's also pretty fun if you've got 1:45 to spare and not a second longer. Plus, the devs are cool, so it's worth supporting them, too.
I appreciate the honest feedback!

We are definitely looking into adding more depth to the game in future updates. For instance, GameCenter features are pretty high on our priority list, though we don't know exactly how we are going to do it.

I also have a couple of ideas how the game play could be made a bit more responsive.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:28 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrokenchain33 View Post
I only see 4 human guys to select

I wish you could at least change if you want to play as red or blue
Are you not seeing the Enviro-Bear character for instance (the middle one no the left)? Also, if you keep on clicking the topmost player character, it randomly selects one out of the nine available human characters. Note that the icon doesn't change, only the player on the field.

Currently, you can only control the red team in single-player mode. We'll most likely enable controlling the blue team in the next update.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:32 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Nice gameplay!

Please, consider add simple statistics such as winnings/losses apart for each difficulty mode.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:33 PM

OO ok I see that the guy changes on the ice. Don't really see the need for this since they all look the same. Maybe you can make it that one dude is faster, while one dude has harder hits, and one guy is a better scorer.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:36 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrokenchain33 View Post
Love everything Mountain Sheep, but not gonna lie a little disappointed. From the pictures it seems it would be like 3 v 3 action, and that there would be actual fighting. Especially with the name Ice Rage.

I was expecting something like NFL Blitz. Especially with more gore. I wanted to be able to actually fight in the game. The game is very shallow. You pick between 4 generic dudes. No attributes to upgrade, no stats saved, no tournaments, no season, no Gamecenter. Not really what I was expected.

But it is a nice little pick up and play for a buck. It feels more like a pong game then hockey. Overall I say it's worth the asking price but honestly don't see myself coming back to it, there's nothing more to do once you've played the 3 difficulty levels. With the easy difficulty being a joke.

Add upgradeable stuff, more fighting, different kinds of hits, more gore, season mode, gamecenter and now we're talking.
Thanks for the feedback! I hope you find it worth the buck that it costs.

Did you try out the two-player game with a friend? I think that's the most fun part of the game and has a lot of replay value, especially if you have an iPad.

We'll be adding more content in the future updates. At least the Game Center features are high on our priority list. As for the other stuff, I'll leave it as a surprise still.

We added the easy difficulty level so that people who are not as experienced gamers as yourself could also enjoy the game.