★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ###
Apple Best New Games
Fresh and fun. A lovely experience - Touch Arcade
This is the kinda game you dont want to put down. A lot of polish and love was put into this game! - Ray Wenderlich
Lettercraft is a new favorite. The game mechanic is distinctive and sets it apart from the rest. - AppAdvice
A game built to conquer the mobile market with its surprising depth and creative mechanics. - iDownloadBlog
###

Are you looking for an original and stimulating word game? The search is over!
Try Lettercraft, a fun and innovative word game that will test your word skills like never before.

WHY YOULL LOVE LETTERCRAFT?
Adventure mode with 70 different levels, with more levels coming soon!
Survival mode to push your mind even further.
Easy, Normal and Hard difficulty for both Adventure and Survival mode.
Multiplayer mode: challenge your friends via bluetooth and see who is the best!
Advanced game statistics with detailed charts and data of your play style.
Stunning handcrafted themes that completely change the app look & feel.

SPECIAL NOTES
Proper nouns are not allowed in Lettercraft as well as most word games. If you find a missing word please email us at lettercraft@marcotorretta.com
Developed in collaboration with Stefano Figurelli.

KEEP UP WITH LETTERCRAFT
Follow @LettercraftApp on Twitter for the latest!
Have a problem? Want to give us a feedback? Remember: we can't respond to App Store reviews, so email us at lettercraft@marcotorretta.com
If you like Lettercraft, please consider leaving an App Store review or rating. Every review counts and helps small developers like ourselves.

mr_bez's comments:

Lettercraft - A Word Game

Marco Torretta
Genres: Games Board Education Word
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Are you tired of the same boring word games?
Try Lettercraft, a fun and innovative word game that will test your word skills like never before.

WHY YOU’LL LOVE LETTERCRAFT?
• Adventure mode with 70 different levels, with more levels coming soon!
• Survival mode to push your mind even further.
• Easy, Normal and Hard difficulty for both Adventure and Survival mode.
• Multiplayer mode: challenge your friends via bluetooth and see who is the best!
• Advanced game statistics with detailed charts and data of your play style.
• Stunning handcrafted themes that completely change the app look & feel.

CONTACTS
Are you experiencing some problems? Want to give us a feedback? Just send a mail to lettercraft@marcotorretta.com. We would love to hear from you!
You can also follow us on twitter at @LettercraftApp.

NOTES
Lettercraft is free for the first 5 levels of the game. If you want to enjoy the full version you can purchase it from within the app, in addition to other completely optional bonus features.

Developed in collaboration with Stefano Figurelli.

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 3.7MB

03-25-2015, 07:15 PM
This seems to be quite a polished word game. Free to try, with a slightly unusual payment model:

$0.99 to unlock the full game (after the trial stages)
$0.99 to unlock some extra themes.
$1.99 to unlock in-game statistics.
$2.99 to unlock all of the above.

Those stats pages do look nice though!

03-25-2015, 07:21 PM
Will Anglicized words recognised?
03-25-2015, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastband View Post
It accepts British English spellings, if that's what you mean.
03-25-2015, 10:52 PM
Fantastic game! I'm a huge fan of wordament and this caught my eye. Presentation is top notch and well thought out. No multiplayer match was too be found yet though, so hopefully some more people download so I can get a game going.
03-26-2015, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastband View Post
The dictionary is based on both British and American english.
I mean it recognizes both "color" and "colour" and "burned" and "burnt" for example.
03-26-2015, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weretiger View Post
Fantastic game! I'm a huge fan of wordament and this caught my eye. Presentation is top notch and well thought out. No multiplayer match was too be found yet though, so hopefully some more people download so I can get a game going.
The multiplayer is NOT based on Game Center, you will not find opponents over the web. It's a realtime multiplayer over Bluetooth, you need a friend near you.
That's because you will not play on turns but will play a sort of battle based on speed: each time you guess a word you send a damage to your opponent, the longer and complex the word is the more damage you provide... This way of playing need fast comunication among the devices so this is not possible over the Internet but with a Bluetooth connection.

Try it, it's really funny!

Last edited by ste72; 03-26-2015 at 01:23 AM. Reason: text error
03-26-2015, 08:58 AM
It just occurred to me that the letters don't have to be connected to make a word...no wonder my scores were so bad.
03-27-2015, 07:30 AM
This game rules! Why no TA love?
03-27-2015, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste72 View Post
The multiplayer is NOT based on Game Center, you will not find opponents over the web. It's a realtime multiplayer over Bluetooth, you need a friend near you.
That's because you will not play on turns but will play a sort of battle based on speed: each time you guess a word you send a damage to your opponent, the longer and complex the word is the more damage you provide... This way of playing need fast comunication among the devices so this is not possible over the Internet but with a Bluetooth connection.

Try it, it's really funny!
That sounds like fun. Downloading now. Looking forward to trying the multiplayer :-)