★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: He's small! He bobbles! He's TOTALLY FEARLESS!

Take control of the AWESOMEST stuntman ever in this exciting 2D motorbike racing game. Blast over challenging tracks, do crazy stunts & win massive points. Start your engines!

FEATURES

- Simple but addictive one-touch gameplay
- 10 unlockable bikes - each with varying speed, acceleration, durability and wheelbase.
- 4 beautiful unlockable tracks: Alps, Desert, Hills & City
- 21 challenging objectives - complete these to get a sticky points multiplier for max points!
- Vertigo-inducing flips, jumps & wheelies
- Realistic physics and engine sounds
- Crazy, challenging tracks
- Game Center leaderboards and achievements

WHAT THEY'RE SAYING

"One touch control and depth by the bucketload." - Gabrien, Touch Arcade Forums.

"a gorgeous little game with a crazy amount of physics crafted into its premise" - Ashley Esqueda, G4.

"a quality game made by developers who clearly know how to design toward a platforms strengths." - Chris Reed, SlideToPlay.com

"there's a solid chunk of entertainment to be had here." - Mike Schramm, TUAW.com

djones's comments:
Hi guys,

We just released our game Fathead just moments ago to the AppStore. Here's what it looks like:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/fathead_game

Happy Riding!
12-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Liking the Evil Knievel likeness
...will wait for impressions my wallet has exploded again this week.

...Screw Buttons

12-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Downloading now. I love bike games. Impressions soon.
12-14-2011, 06:07 PM
I hope you guys enjoy it! It's quite challenging for new players until you learn the handling of the bike.
12-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Right I'm back, impressions:
At first I thought "argh this needs virtual buttons" but after a while I realised it takes a bit more skill to judge if you have time to flip or not with a single press and knowing when to stop pressing so you don't rotate to far.
Im loving the physics they work really well for a 2D bike game.
The only room I can see for improvement would be to cut the sections down to levels as right now it's really long for a play through.
But at the same time an endless randomly generated mode would be sweet.

So far though for 69p this is a great 2D bike game.
Well done devs.
12-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Right I'm back, impressions:
At first I thought "argh this needs virtual buttons" but after a while I realised it takes a bit more skill to judge if you have time to flip or not with a single press and knowing when to stop pressing so you don't rotate to far.
Im loving the physics they work really well for a 2D bike game.
The only room I can see for improvement would be to cut the sections down to levels as right now it's really long for a play through.
But at the same time an endless randomly generated mode would be sweet.

So far though for 69p this is a great 2D bike game.
Well done devs.
Thanks for the kind words and suggestions.

Yep, we spent quite a lot of time tweaking and fiddling with the physics until they were what we think perfect.

You've got some dangerous spikes to look forward to as you get near the end of the track. It definitely gets quite tricky.

Enjoy!
12-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Couple of there things some different scenery and maybe some weather like rain or snow would be nice just purely for cosmetic reasons
how about mountains or wooden style skate park ramps? Things like this for updates. Either way I'm really enjoying it.
12-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Couple of there things some different scenery and maybe some weather like rain or snow would be nice just purely for cosmetic reasons
how about mountains or wooden style skate park ramps? Things like this for updates. Either way I'm really enjoying it.
Yep, we've actually got a prototype branch with some wind effects. We've got lots of ideas, just need some support from the community so we can implement them
12-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Game Impressions

It couldn't get any simpler than this, and in this case that's definitely a good thing. Finally a motorbike game for the iOS that doesn't attempt to mimic the consoles but instead makes the most of the platform in the most minimalistic of ways.

Sound is the star of the show.

One touch control and depth by the bucketload.

Yes, there is still room to build on, more modes, bikes, backdrops and level types would be most welcome. In the meantime, amid the sky high profile releases, here's a walnut sized solid gold nugget of native iOS goodness that should be nurtured and supported.
12-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
It couldn't get any simpler than this, and in this case that's definitely a good thing. Finally a motorbike game for the iOS that doesn't attempt to mimic the consoles but instead makes the most of the platform in the most minimalistic of ways.

Sound is the star of the show.

One touch control and depth by the bucketload.

Yes, there is still room to build on, more modes, bikes, backdrops and level types would be most welcome. In the meantime, amid the sky high profile releases, here's a walnut sized solid gold nugget of native iOS goodness that should be nurtured and supported.
Wow, thank you!!! That's very flattering.