★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Strike Force Trio (NEW)

05-07-2009, 02:53 AM
Strike Force Trio (NEW)

Strike Force Trio
Link

Quote:
Strike Force Trio is a top down scrolling shooter game. If you like Raiden, Aereo Fighters, or 1945, you will love this game. With awesome power ups and boss battles you will not be able to put your IPhone or IPod Touch down.

Controls are simple and easy to use and can be customized to players preferences. Ships have full freedom to move anywhere on the screen and can be controlled by tilt or touch.

With 3 difficulty levels and 3 unique story perspectives, along with a survival mode, this game will provide endless hours of entertainment. The different story modes provide players a chance to use different ships each with a special ability.

Survival mode allows the users to unlock upgrades to their ships, and provides endless game play.

$1.99 who will TOFTT? Graphics look slick.

Currently Playing::Meteor Blitz, EW Jim, Boost 3D, COD: Zombies, Eliminate::
05-07-2009, 02:57 AM
I already have my Galaga. I am going to sit this one out.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

05-07-2009, 01:50 PM
I'd love to hear some initial impressions on this one as well. With games like Skyforce Reloaded and Hotfield at my disposal, I'm not sure I see anything different enough about this one to make the purchase.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
05-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Oh sheesh, I have too many SHMUPs on my iTouch as it is.

Going to wait for a review..

Plays: Zaxxon Escape, Plague Inc., Phoenix HD, Block Fortress, Knights of Pen and Paper.
Using: 64 GB iPod Touch 5G
05-07-2009, 04:51 PM
My intial impression of Strike Force Trio is that the developer was mindful to create a game with substance in terms of a story and unique characters. I commend the game makers for not just going with eye candy like so many other game makers do.

However, the graphics leave a little to be desired. They're not the worst I've seen, but I've seen better on almost all of the other iPhone top-down shooter games. They're sorta amatuerish with a cheap comic book quality. And while flying your ship the animations can be choppy at times, which was a little distracting. I believe there is no game music. What it does has are beeps, zaps and 8-bit explosion sounds and they're on the cheap side. Unfortunatley, there's major lag with the touch controls. I haven't tried the accelerometer controls yet.

There's a campaign mode where you have the option of choosing one of three ships each with its own pilot. The fact that you can choose ships is some way connected to the bigger story. There's plenty of power ups that keep you busy. But again, the controls and the lag was a major turn off for me. With the right updates this game could be that game that you were hoping for.

Helvetica will treat you good if you take time to understand her.

Last edited by Reaganomics; 05-08-2009 at 12:31 AM.
05-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaganomics View Post
My intial impression of Strike Force Trio is that the developer was mindful to create a game with substance in terms of a story and unique characters. I commend the game makers for not just going with eye candy like so many other game makers do.

However, the graphics leave a little to be desired. They're not the worst I've seen, but I've seen better on almost all of the other iPhone top-down shooter games. They're sorta amatuerish with a cheap comic book quality. And while flying your ship the animations can be choppy at times too, which was a little distracting. I believe there is no game music. What it does has are beeps, zaps and 8-bit explosion sound effects and they're on the cheap side. Unfortunatley, there's major lag with the touch controls. I haven't tried the accelerometer controls yet.

There's a campaign mode where you have the option of choosing one of three ships each with its own pilot. The fact that you choose can ships is some way connected to the bigger story. There's plenty of power ups that keep you busy. But again, the controls and the lag was a major turn off for me. With the right updates this game could be that game that you were hoping for.
Thanks for the insight. Is there any noticeable difference in the 3 ships besides looks and possibly storyline? Often this type of "choice" is really more of a gimmick and doesn't benefit game play any.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
05-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Wow that's like the fourth vertical shooter in a week.

I'll wait for Tyrian.

back
05-08-2009, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
Thanks for the insight. Is there any noticeable difference in the 3 ships besides looks and possibly storyline? Often this type of "choice" is really more of a gimmick and doesn't benefit game play any.
Sorry, I deleated it. It was too much of a dissapointment. But I'll check it periodically for updates.

Helvetica will treat you good if you take time to understand her.