★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Fruitcake puzzle game (swap and match 3)

05-07-2009, 06:04 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Fruitcake puzzle game (swap and match 3)

Fruitcake (App Store, $1.99)

Action puzzle where you swap adjacent fruits in order to create rows of three or more, trying to compete against the clock. Rows can be formed in any direction on a hexagonal field.

Youtube video

Here's a couple of free US store codes for the fastest ones!

05-07-2009, 06:10 AM
I used the code E3M.....

Thanks, will provide feedback and itunes review later.

Btw, welcome to TA. You chose a nice way to introduce yourself.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
05-07-2009, 06:33 AM
Took HP7T4H37MP3W

Only 1 in game sound effect makes for fairly monotonous audio.

The 'redness' of cherries, raspberries, watermelons, and strawberries makes them somewhat difficult to distinguish from each other. The remaining fruits seem to stand out from each other much easier, but maybe thatís what you were going for.

While the fruits running off the edge of the playfield are useable; I wonder if having a true graphical border might clean up the look a bit. Guess that would decrease the overall play area some.

When you say kid mode has been extensively tested on preschool girls and boys... it makes me think that very young kids must understand 'hexagonal fields' better than myself. I seem to want to make horizontal rows in addition to vertical and 60 degrees, but that's just me I'll have to try my nephew (age 2) on Frenzic and see how he makes out hehe.

Not sure about the $1.99 price tag. At that price Iím thinking 2 or 2.5 stars, at $0.99 more like 3 Iíd say.

Thanks for the code, hope my thoughts helped in some way.

Welcome to TA,

05-07-2009, 08:36 AM
It's just another bejeweled game...
Make an original conception!
05-08-2009, 04:19 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Thanks for the feedback guys! Maybe 2 years is a bit too young, I'd say the game is for 5 years and up. For the pricing, I just wanted to look it more convincing than 0.99 fart apps...

I guess all the codes are already used, though I only see two replies with code taken! I'll see if I can get some more later on

We are currently working on a new puzzle loosely based on the same idea, after that we'll do something more "original".

(BTW Bejeweled wasn't even the original...)