★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Xmas Blox is a fun, challenging puzzle game that people of all ages will enjoy. It is guaranteed to get you in the holiday spirit.

Xmas Blox is not your typical matching game. Due to the cold weather several of the Bloxs are getting frozen in ice. These frozen Bloxs cannot be moved. They can only be broken by matching them or using special items to break the ice.

Xmas Blox features an Endless mode and a Challenge mode of gameplay.

Play the Endless mode to see how high of a score you can get while breaking up the frozen Bloxs.

Challenge mode features 27 levels of Bloxs that are frozen in unique patterns. You must break all of the frozen Bloxs before time runs out.

There are also two Holiday themes to choose from. You can choose the colorful Xmas Blox or the delicious Xmas Cookies to match.

----------
NEED HELP? Visit us at www.XmasBlox.com for game play hints or to contact us.

----------
If you enjoy Xmas Blox you should try our other puzzle game Tiny Grave. The Doc needs your help creating his monster. Help him with this lighthearted, spooky game.

uberarcade's comments:
Our new puzzle game Xmas Blox is now out! While it may look like a standard match 3 there is more going on. The Challenge mode has 27 levels of frozen patterns to break apart, and there are Fire and Snow items to help when you get stuck. Also has nice high res graphics for iPhone 4. Give it a try and let me know what you think.


12-17-2011, 12:03 PM
#2
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 140
I put together a video. Check it out...


Youtube link | Pop Up

Download Cowbell Hero now!

12-17-2011, 12:17 PM
#3
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 11,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberarcade View Post
I put together a video. Check it out...

YouTube: video
We saw the snow power-up, so what does the fire one do?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-17-2011, 04:03 PM
#4
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 140
Snow removes up to 9 bloxs in a square. Fire removes all bloxs of whatever type you touch. So Fire would blow up all Christmas Trees in the grid. Both items also break the frozen bloxs.

Download Cowbell Hero now!
12-24-2011, 03:51 PM
#5
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 140
It is a good day to play some Xmas Blox while waiting for Santa to arrive. :-)

Anybody give the game a try yet?

Download Cowbell Hero now!
12-24-2011, 05:29 PM
#6
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 11,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberarcade View Post
It is a good day to play some Xmas Blox while waiting for Santa to arrive. :-)

Anybody give the game a try yet?
Crap, I did and, being all distracted, forgot to get back to you.

I like the Endless mode with the only problem that it really does appear pretty endless. Is it supposed to be truly endless or is it that I'm just getting lucky and the difficulty ramps up REALLY slowly?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-24-2011, 05:30 PM
#7
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 11,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Crap, I did and, being all distracted, forgot to get back to you.

I like the Endless mode with the only problem that it really does appear pretty endless. Is it supposed to be truly endless or is it that I'm just getting lucky and the difficulty ramps up REALLY slowly?

I'd think adding in a few more block types over time and or making it a little harder to earn new power-ups would make a huge difference.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-24-2011, 09:57 PM
#8
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I'd think adding in a few more block types over time and or making it a little harder to earn new power-ups would make a huge difference.
I was wondering if I made the endless mode too easy. It was a lot harder originally. I had the percent of frozen bloxs higher and added in an extra block type later on. So thanks for the comments. I may need to go back and make it a little harder afterall.

Download Cowbell Hero now!
12-24-2011, 10:21 PM
#9
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 11,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberarcade View Post
I was wondering if I made the endless mode too easy. It was a lot harder originally. I had the percent of frozen bloxs higher and added in an extra block type later on. So thanks for the comments. I may need to go back and make it a little harder afterall.
I think the key is a progressive difficulty since, as it stands, other than adding an additional piece type at some point, the difficulty didn't seem to progress much. How about having the rate the frozen blocks spawn get higher and higher over time?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews