★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dragonvale`: Epic Breeding cave ruined the game, DEVs cash in in exchange

12-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Dragonvale`: Epic Breeding cave ruined the game, DEVs cash in in exchange

Anyone else think that

THE EPIC BREEDING CAVE HAS RUINED THIS GAME THAT WAS SO CHALLENGINGLY FUN!!

I mean, the whole thing to the game was that there are certain dragons that aren`t easily breedable, and the challenge and reward of breeding them successfully.

Now, in a trade off of a blatant cash grab (most users must buy gems to get) for taking away the entire challenge, fun, reward of the game, you can get all the previously tough dragons with ease, taking away the whole point of the game for $$$.

I hadn`t spent gems in a really long time so I just saved up to the 125 needed and bought the EBC, 1st breed, Sandstorm, 2nd breed, 48 hour breeding time.

SO STUPID

And for all those posting their excitement over getting `rare`dragons in the EBC, I say sthecku, it`s nothing special now and didn`t take any effort or labor, and for those who weren`t around playing before the EBC, you missed out on what this game was all about.

Current Fave Five iPad games:
Swordigo, Simpsons Tapped Out, Infinity Blade 2, DragonVale, Cloud Patrol

Last edited by GreyDawn; 12-16-2011 at 11:52 AM.
12-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Don't you already post this somewhere. Get that out of your system?

How dare devs try to make money! Bastards!

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird

Last edited by stlredbird; 12-16-2011 at 02:20 PM.

12-16-2011, 02:43 PM
The game was all about a few taps to get dragons to mate, then coming back several hours later, discovering you hadn't got what you wanted, and trying again?
12-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Well you must have just gotten lucky.
I've had the ebc since day one and it hasn't really given me any better results then the normal cave,
It's all about luck, the percentages are only slightly highly in the EBC

You said yourself you saved up, so they can't be that "money hungry" could they? Otherwise they simply wouldn't award players with gems at all, they'd make you outright purchase them. And they could have made it 500 gems If they wanted. I think they are very fair, they spent a long time developing that game for free, and cheapskates like you who refuse to spend a couple dollars to support the dev team is actually the whole reason these games often get ruined with excessive iap to make up for the cheapos who refuse to even pay 99c for hours and hours of free entertainment at the cost of the dev team.
12-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Big arguement over a cave?? If you don't like it GreyDawn, you don't have to use it, that's all I have to say.

Dawnstar
12-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDawn View Post
Anyone else think that

I mean, the whole thing to the game was that there are certain dragons that aren`t easily breedable, and the challenge and reward of breeding them successfully.

Now, in a trade off of a blatant cash grab (most users must buy gems to get) for taking away the entire challenge, fun, reward of the game, you can get all the previously tough dragons with ease, taking away the whole point of the game for $$$.

I hadn`t spent gems in a really long time so I just saved up to the 125 needed and bought the EBC, 1st breed, Sandstorm, 2nd breed, 48 hour breeding time.

SO STUPID

And for all those posting their excitement over getting `rare`dragons in the EBC, I say sthecku, it`s nothing special now and didn`t take any effort or labor, and for those who weren`t around playing before the EBC, you missed out on what this game was all about.
If you think it ruined the game, just stop playing it.

Dawnstar
12-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDawn View Post
Anyone else think that

SO STUPID

One more thing, I got my two moon dragons, my bluefire dragon and my sun dragon in the regular breeding cave. So there! That also means I can be pround of my dragons under your standards since I didn't get them from the Epic Breeding Cave.

Dawnstar

Last edited by Dawnstar; 12-19-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Another layer of proof
12-20-2011, 05:55 PM
That thing is a piece of crap I only get the same dragons f

Last edited by Jennzy99; 12-20-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Double post
12-20-2011, 05:58 PM
That cave is a piece of crap, I'd like to know how you use it to your advantage because it hasnt helped me at all!No new dragons at all. Still breed the same crap for months. Im about to quit the game.