★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: RNK Games
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 5.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: THE CONCEPT
============
Pixel Duel is a unique strategy game about pure risk and reward. To win, you will need skill, intuition, and a little bit of luck!

HOW TO PLAY
============
Your goal is to capture more than 50% of the grid. In order to do this, you can draw anything you like on the screen, as long as all the selected pixels are linked. But be careful! If your opponent has drawn a smaller zone at the same place, he will capture your zone! It becomes very intuitive after a few games

FEATURES
=========

-A UNIQUE GAME: never seen before gameplay mechanics, this game is NOT another clone!
-EASY TO LEARN, HARD TO MASTER: it takes five minutes to understand how to play, but it takes a lifetime to become a great player!
-COOL GRAPHICS: a nice pixelated feel, and several color choices to fit your preferences!
-HOURS OF FUN: an addictive game where matches never look the same!
-GAME MODES: play against the computer, your friends or strangers online!
-GAMECENTER SUPPORT: leaderboards and achievements!
-RETINA DISPLAY: because the pixels deserve it!
-UPDATES COMING SOON: new content coming up following user feedback!

PLEASE NOTE:
In order to play multiplayer, you will need to have Game Center Notifications enabled.

ronare's comments:
Hi all,
I would like to introduce my first ever game called Pixel Duel!

I wanted to make a new type of strategy game, and the result is somewhere between Go and Naval battles
I think the game is the most fun when you play multiplayer against someone in the same room, so I hope you will give it a shot!

Here are a few promo codes too
MA9A9L7HRTP3
J4YKAHNK77YK
PKE7EYKJ6LTY
P6XJHATPKHYX
WXAMMNK4LFEM
12-16-2011, 03:35 PM
This game looks pretty sweet. I took code WXAMMNK4LFEM. I love multiplayer games that I can play with my kids.

Thanks for the promos.

I'll let you know how I like the game when I get a chance to try it out.

12-16-2011, 04:19 PM
I used J4YKAHNK77YK, thanks!

I'll let you know what I think.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
12-16-2011, 04:38 PM
MA9A9L7HRTP3
Thanks! I'll try it out this weekend!
12-19-2011, 05:11 AM
so... for those who tried, what is your opinion? I guess it takes a bit of time to get into the game, but once you start the multiplayer it can become pretty intense!

please let me know!
12-20-2011, 09:29 PM
This is definitely an interesting game. I am having trouble thinking of a comparison, as it's unlike anything I've ever played before.

You basically have a set number of pixels on the screen and you must control the majority of them to win a round. Best of 5 takes the game. Turns are taken wherein each player fills in however many pixels he/she chooses. This is done blindly; you cannot see what your opponent fills in. After the timer runs out, the filled areas are revealed and if your chosen filled area does not conflict it is added to your controlled territory. If, however, the filled areas do conflict, the person who filled in the least area will control not only the area that he/she chose to fill, but the area his/her opponent filled as well.

This is a simple concept but it's pretty interesting and leads to all sorts of tense situations. It is an impressive core mechanic.

I'm still feeling things out, but my feeling is that this is something strategy and abstract board gamers will enjoy.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
01-07-2012, 10:59 AM
hey everyone,
Pixel Duel is now free to play! (with ads).

I hope you will give it a shot! Just be sure to try a few multiplayer games, because this is where the game becomes really interesting!

And of course, any kind of feedback is welcome

Good luck and enjoy the game!
01-07-2012, 12:46 PM
I don't know if it's the pixels, but I'm really liking this game, which is surprising since I never really got into Go.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
01-07-2012, 05:34 PM
My kids and I play this game pretty often. It's such an awesome concept and the game has such a good mechanic to it. Very user-friendly, which is good when you're trying to get your kids to play it with you.
01-08-2012, 05:15 AM
Hey, it's nice to hear! thanks for the feedback. It's also good to know since I have seen adults struggle with the concept...

If you like the game, now that it is free, don't hesitate to mention it to your friends! It is so difficult to get noticed these days