QUBE Adventures is now available for free!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by klaussilveira, Dec 16, 2011.

1. klaussilveira

klaussilveira Member

Nov 30, 2011
    QUBE Adventures, an innovative indie title, is now available for free on the App Store! For iTouch, iPhone and iPad!

www.qubeadventures.com

Developed “by hardcore players, for hardcore players”, the game puts the player in control of QUBE, a small rubber cube with an intriguing wish for adventure. The objective is to help him get through the doors of the world beyond the clouds by using physics and throwing him around dozens of platforms, jumping obstacles that build up the QUBE scenarios.

Players take control of QUBE by dragging him around and releasing, letting physics take care of the rest. It's a hard game, focused on the player skills, although incredibly intuitive and fun on touch devices, making QUBE Adventures the perfect game to occupy your time, but be prepared to fight off your family for control of the fun. The game features hours of challenging physics-based gameplay, lots of replay value and addicting levels: simple stylized graphics, cheerful music and audio, as well intuitive gameplay, all coming together in an addictive game for all.

Check the thread here on TouchArcade and leave feedback! :)
    http://toucharcade.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114824

2. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    yeah gonna try this. will try to follow this with feedback too. thank you!

3. WizMan

WizMan Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Looks like a rip-off from the blobster game from Chillingo.

4. klaussilveira

klaussilveira Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Never heard of it, but after checking it out, the slingshot mechanic is similar, but the game is pretty different. Specially the difficulty, QUBE Adventures is not a casual game.

5. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I hate physics puzzlers but the free form fling mechanics of QUBE Adventures are fun and challenging. Simple but cartoonish design allows focus for challenge gradient. Worth getting for the ariel flying orange guy.

6. klaussilveira

klaussilveira Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback, foxmulderino!

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    +1; the only reason not to like Qube Adventures is if you just hate indie games. It's got a good fling mechanics and challenging difficulty. So far this was one of the surprises of the month in terms of unknown quality games when it came out.

8. klaussilveira

klaussilveira Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I'm happy to know that you guys enjoyed playing the game. As an indie developer, i'm not not looking for money from the App Store, just visibility to my creations. There's also a funny store about how i sold my PS2 to get the $99 to pay for the Apple Developer Program.

Anyway, feel free to post any criticisms, ideas or suggestions for the game. If you enjoyed the game, your opinion is precious! :)

9. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    $99 is good deal for an old PS2. i wanted to sell mine too, but i couldn't be bothered.. so instead gave it to my cousin. who broke it a month later. yeah.

10. klaussilveira

klaussilveira Member

Nov 30, 2011
    QUBE Adventures is now back to it's original price, $0.99. Thank you all who enjoyed the offer!

11. klaussilveira

klaussilveira Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I basically told a sad story about indie developers struggling for a chance to stand out in the crowd with their games and got a few bucks more on the PS2. With the promise of eternal promo codes of my creations, haha.

12. klaussilveira

klaussilveira Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The game is still available for free, guys! :D

13. klaussilveira

klaussilveira Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Qube is available for free this week!