★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Best Pool game

11-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Best Pool game

Can you guys please recommend me which Pool game I should get?

Candidates:
1. Virtual Pool
I used to play VP a few years ago on my Nokia 3650. I loved it so much. The iPhone version has the best table and ball graphics, and easy to use control. However, can we do some technical and fine shot?

2. Midnight Pool
I used to play MP on my S700i. It was still the 2D version, but I enjoyed it a lot because it has all sort of shots, and it's very polished too, eg: characters, cups, bonus, unlockables, etc. However, I'm not too impressed with the iPhone version. The 3D looks rather cheap, and the balls + table graphics look low-res. Can we still play from top angle? (2D)

3. Adrenaline Pool
I tried the free version on the iPhone and quite like it mainly because it has the multiplayer feature, though people can always run away when almost beaten, or choose to not do anything at all - which pisses me off. Overall, I'm not too convinced with the game and physics. You can always put in some balls by hitting it hard plus spin.

4. Pool Rebel
Looks quite promising as I like how technical it looks. It might not have 3D graphics, but if all the 'technicality' I want is there, I would still love it. The thing is, how's the gameplay and the control itself? You know, being technical doesn't always equal frustration. It can still be pure joy (eg: X-Plane), but if not done carefully, it'll be disaster.

Thank you!
11-13-2008, 07:46 PM
virtual pool gets my vote
11-13-2008, 08:20 PM
If you want a more fun aspect of playing then my recommendation is MIDNIGHT POOL, if however you want to take it more serious without the gimmicks, then go for POOL REBEL. The only one you haven't listed and I am not sure about is INFERNO POOL which is similar to VIRTUAL POOL but seems more polished.
11-13-2008, 08:35 PM
What about Vegas Pool Sharks?

IMO I would pick virtual pool.