★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Desert Zombie Last Stand - $0.99

12-18-2011, 01:58 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Desert Zombie Last Stand - $0.99

12-18-2011, 02:04 AM
Wow I completely forgot his game existed.

So what's the consensus? Is it a buggy mess?

Im really tempted cause this looks like my type of game.

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs

12-18-2011, 02:16 AM
An expected price drop. The game couldn't sell at all once Black Ops Zombies came out. Grabbing it now in any case.

Twitter: @back2this
12-18-2011, 02:33 AM
Do put up your impressions!

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs
12-18-2011, 04:19 AM
Performs well and looks good on the iPad 2. Looks awful on the 4th gen. since retina was taken out to boost performance. Unreal Engine without retina display just doesn't work. Controls for moving (disappearing virtual analog) and shooting/aiming are pretty standard and work well. Sucks you can't reposition things though. The change weapon/reload button along with the iron-sight button are in terrible places. Hope they add that in. Also, there's no way to invert the x-axis or y-axis either. There's also this weird sticky thing that happens every now and then where you don't stop shooting once you let go of the fire button. Hope they're fixing that as well. The gameplay is intense though. It picks up quite fast. Different experience when the zombies are shooting back at you, especially once they start using bazookas. The bosses every few waves is a nice touch. I like the shop/upgrade system. That definitely adds some replay value. 4 maps now after the update. Pretty nice diversity. Going to just go ahead and say it-this is a better experience than Black Ops Zombies on the 4th gen. iPod and 7 times cheaper at the moment. Recommended.

12-18-2011, 04:36 AM
well since it's universal i'll probably buy it. can you tell me how much space it takes after being installed, because i'm running low on space on my iPad and no retina on the iPod is a bit off putting.

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs
12-18-2011, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filing Cabinet View Post
well since it's universal i'll probably buy it. can you tell me how much space it takes after being installed, because i'm running low on space on my iPad and no retina on the iPod is a bit off putting.
354.1 MB. Yeah, like I said, it doesn't look too good.

12-18-2011, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
354.1 MB. Yeah, like I said, it doesn't look too good.
thanks, that's not too bad

i'll go ahead and get it on the iPad.

12-18-2011, 06:17 AM
12-18-2011, 06:30 AM
Jumped the gun and bought it. Should have read the posts as there is no retina support on my iphone 4. Hopefully they restore retina graphics in the future.