★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Shuttle Scuttle

12-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Shuttle Scuttle

This posting was made by the developer - Embraceware. Enjoy.
12-19-2011, 09:22 AM
I just wanted to let you in on a little secret - perform the famous Konami/Contra code while playing for some assistance

12-19-2011, 09:33 AM
I bought this the other day, really like it, love the NES style graphics and the chiptune. Sometimes the ship starts to whizz about and i cant seem to slow it down (Perhaps its something i've picked up which does that ?), but really enjoying this, true old skool action
12-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the feedback!

Regarding the ship going crazy - when you destroy the alien ships with the rotating dish their pilot escapes in a bubble in hopes of getting aboard your ship for revenge. I will be updating the game to flash "Intruder Alert" on the screen to make this more obvious. If you look closely you'll see the little alien dancing in the bubble and a transporter effect happens if you touch him.

He steps on the gas and the direction of the ship changes with the cues in the music.

Last edited by Embraceware; 12-19-2011 at 09:44 AM.
12-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Ahhh okay i thought that might have been the reason !

Really enjoying it, buttons are great, gameplays proper old skool but the way you've done the graphics in a NES style is amazing.

Love retro games and i'm enjoying this, looking forward to more in the future, cheers
12-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks again - I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the game. It's also coming to Mac OS X later this week.

We have our 2nd NES styled game in development and will be posting info on this forum in the new year.

How do you find the difficulty level? It should slowly get progressively more difficult the further you get. New enemies are added to the mix in each of the 8 areas.
12-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Going okay so far, first few levels were quite easy but its ramping up slightly, i'll go back to it more later.

For any future games i would LOVE a NES style platform game, that would be incredible and i'm sure a big hit ! (Castlevania-esque !)

Cheers
01-06-2012, 10:53 AM
I love the looks and style of Shuttle Scuttle (devs really nailed that NES look!). Are there any plans to add iCade support? Seems like it would be a good fit for this game.
01-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the great feedback! We are looking into iCade support as well as other updates now. Please let us know if you see room for improvement in any area of the game and also if you have ideas for features.