Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games > Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals

Old 12-18-2011, 10:13 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default HOMERUN BATTLE 2 (Universal) By Com2uS ($4.99--> 99c)

Old 12-18-2011, 10:42 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

i WAS gonna buy it... but i had played this on release day... with in game money you can only buy like 2-3 equips.... the other 20 are with cash only... and some cost $100.... stadiums cost $10, chick avatar costs $10... "starter" paid equips costs like $15.... this game is a scam... fun, but a scam nonetheless
Old 12-18-2011, 10:56 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexiel View Post
i WAS gonna buy it... but i had played this on release day... with in game money you can only buy like 2-3 equips.... the other 20 are with cash only... and some cost $100.... stadiums cost $10, chick avatar costs $10... "starter" paid equips costs like $15.... this game is a scam... fun, but a scam nonetheless
I agree. While nobody is forcing you to pay for IAP's, the annoyance-factor has slowly but steadily been building up for Com2US' and Gameloft's offerings.

I don't like the direction these devs are heading towards with their business models, and it's especially disappointing to see these games drop drastically in price so soon after launch.

Thankful that we at least have Halfbrick, CM, MadFinger, EA and countless other devs who 'get it'.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:32 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToKmart View Post
I agree. While nobody is forcing you to pay for IAP's, the annoyance-factor has slowly but steadily been building up for Com2US' and Gameloft's offerings.

I don't like the direction these devs are heading towards with their business models, and it's especially disappointing to see these games drop drastically in price so soon after launch.

Thankful that we at least have Halfbrick, CM, MadFinger, EA and countless other devs who 'get it'.
Loved the first Homerun battle, but I detest IAP so I'll pass here.

Unfortunately with their last couple of games I'm not not so sure I'd throw CM in that crowd anymore.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommet View Post
Loved the first Homerun battle, but I detest IAP so I'll pass here.

Unfortunately with their last couple of games I'm not not so sure I'd throw CM in that crowd anymore.
Agreed. HRB was one of my favorite games until it was infected with IAP. I don't mind additional content IAP (and other types if done fairly), but giving in-game advantages in a multiplayer game to people who pay the most money is absurd. Why would I spend $.99 on this only to lose to players that paid to move to the top of the leaderboards? In the main thread people broke down some of the prices. Apparently it's $10 to change your screen name, $10 for the female avatar (why they don't offer a male and a female for free is ridiculous) and $75 for the ball gown for the female avatar. Are there seriously people dumb enough to buy something like a $75 ball gown on an iOS video game?
Old 12-19-2011, 10:58 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba View Post
Agreed. HRB was one of my favorite games until it was infected with IAP. I don't mind additional content IAP (and other types if done fairly), but giving in-game advantages in a multiplayer game to people who pay the most money is absurd. Why would I spend $.99 on this only to lose to players that paid to move to the top of the leaderboards? In the main thread people broke down some of the prices. Apparently it's $10 to change your screen name, $10 for the female avatar (why they don't offer a male and a female for free is ridiculous) and $75 for the ball gown for the female avatar. Are there seriously people dumb enough to buy something like a $75 ball gown on an iOS video game?
That's completely absurd. The game seems fun - but the knowledge of such a giant pay wall (especially in an ALREADY paid for game) is a huge turn off.