Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-09-2012, 07:50 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

huh... I thought the other version was a "lite" version. I really hope the bugs get fixed on the original version, and an ending is provided. I don't mind a lack of progression in between worlds, though having that is never bad. But at least some sort of an ending would be nice.

I wish there was a greater sense of compulsion to find all pink fairies, gold coins and SCARE letters. Oh well, self imposed compulsion is good enough i suppose.

Another thing in wishlist is 100% given to a level even if all the things in the level are not found out in the same run. If a % is going to be displayed in a game, I have an OCD of having 100% being displayed.

IPAD version has the top parts a little cut off. That needs fixing. Though I prefer playing on the iPod, I occasionally give it a play on the iPad to enjoy the brilliant artwork.

That said, the platforming mechanics are really solid. Artwork is brilliant. I put this high on my list of platforming favourites. Not quite my best yet, but easily in top 5.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:59 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Had to take the day off yesterday cause I was sick..but finally beat the game yesterday. =D

Fun game! I like the exploration in this game, which is surprising since I usually don't like platformers that have exploration. I like how you can go for time, or you can carefully go through and get 100% on levels. I didn't need to spend any of the blue faries on any power ups. You can occasionally find powerups in random blocks, and the main one I found useful was the balloon one (but its not necessary).

The main annoyance with the game is the collision detection. There's a few times I'll fall through edge of platforms, even if I'm not moving. I sometimes have trouble jumping on enemies to kill them even if I jump on top of them. IT seems like there's a very narrow area that counts as a hit. Yesterday, I tried I think stage 2-10, and there's a bunch of floating bad guys that I think you have to jump on to ride them, but unless you jump directly in a tiny window, the game detects it as getting hit. After I passed that one jump, there's another jump where you have to ride another bad guy over spikes, but no matter what I do to jump on the enemy, I think the game detects it as me jumping on the spikes. It would be nice if these can be fixed.

Overall this is a really fun game still. In my list, its sitting in number 2..really close to my number 1 platformer.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:08 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I'm still loving this, had a ton of enjoyment and fun for 69p, exceptional value.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:26 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Alrighty... Asked why the free version was removed from the store here on the forums a couple days ago, and haven't gotten an answer.... So I asked on the Facebook page, and they deleted my post....

Guessing Bulkypix was upset, and made them remove it? Hope we still get the update with fixes that were in the free version if that's the case... Dunno how they'd feel about Bulkypix if they made them remove their free version of the game... Also don't know why we don't have the fixes already for the paid version if they had them all fixed and added to the game when they released the free version....

The game, as well as fire fruit forge and Bulkypix are all slipping down my favorites list pretty quick right now.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Alrighty... Asked why the free version was removed from the store here on the forums a couple days ago, and haven't gotten an answer.... So I asked on the Facebook page, and they deleted my post....

Guessing Bulkypix was upset, and made them remove it? Hope we still get the update with fixes that were in the free version if that's the case... Dunno how they'd feel about Bulkypix if they made them remove their free version of the game... Also don't know why we don't have the fixes already for the paid version if they had them all fixed and added to the game when they released the free version....

The game, as well as fire fruit forge and Bulkypix are all slipping down my favorites list pretty quick right now.
Have the same feelings. I never got the free version, but disappointed that the free version apparently had the bugs fixed but they seem to totally neglect the folks that actually paid for it. Would love to hear the developers reasons as to why. I guess I'm still a little bitter with 2 achievements that glitched for me in Pix 'N Love and despite contacting the developers directly, contacting bullpix (yea, said that on purpose) and posting in their thread here. Being ignored on all attemps, I guess I should be used to it. And don't get me started on the glitches in Jazz...
Old 02-17-2012, 02:56 AM
iPhone 5s

well, there are really a lot of platformers on ios but honestly this one is just great. level designs are very nice. the difficulty is ok too. it's like everything is designed with something in mind and not just because of some great ideas that developers think to have. there are of course some problems people already mentioned here, like hit boxes, platforms etc. but if you like traditional platformers with really a lot of levels, these levels are actually levels and not some tiny ones like in many platformers for ios, then it's great game to buy and play. it is just rediculos that this game is not getting enough sales and at the same time there are some platformers which are just so so but are in the top lists. hype? people should get their heads out of their asses and buy such games like this one, otherwise the appstore will be more and more filled with shiny titles with average content. and about review, it seems like it's better to play the game on hard or hardcore. that makes collecting blue fairies quite important and some mechanics like shooting are more challenging and fun.

Last edited by eev; 02-17-2012 at 03:19 AM..
Old 02-18-2012, 07:33 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

How do I get to the gold coin of World 2, level 8 (it's a worm)? One bat to open the door i can find... can't find the other one
Old 02-18-2012, 08:48 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey View Post
How do I get to the gold coin of World 2, level 8 (it's a worm)? One bat to open the door i can find... can't find the other one
U can't, it's a bug.. It was fixed in the free version, but for some reason, the developers have not updated the paid version with all the fixes...

Like farjo, I've ftried contacting the developers, Bulkypix, and writing here on TA, with no response... Which is strange because the Devs and BP were very responsive around the time I wrote up a review for TN for The App Shack... usually exchanging e-mails every other day or so... But now... No response... Like they've vanished....
Old 02-18-2012, 11:54 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
U can't, it's a bug.. It was fixed in the free version, but for some reason, the developers have not updated the paid version with all the fixes...

Like farjo, I've ftried contacting the developers, Bulkypix, and writing here on TA, with no response... Which is strange because the Devs and BP were very responsive around the time I wrote up a review for TN for The App Shack... usually exchanging e-mails every other day or so... But now... No response... Like they've vanished....
Say what? A bug??? That's a kick in the wrong place for a "completionist". That's a problem. I don't move to a new level till I get 100% in every level I play. Anything terribly exciting happens in the later levels? Will move on to some other platformer if not... A ton of really good ones are in the backlog (crazy hedgy and paper monsters to name them)
Old 02-18-2012, 12:38 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:

I'm guessing there's some fallout between BP and the dev after that little stunt with the free app. I mean seriously, there's no way BP was OK with that. I know Everplay was saying "I'm sure BP are nice people", but that's a pretty weird statement about someone you partnered with for publishing. You would know them, right?

And then the free app was mysteriously pulled and everyone goes silent?

Makes me wonder if the paid app was ever going to get the update or if they were just trying to pacify people.

There's part of the story we're just not hearing.

Really sucks, because TN is a good game.