Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-23-2012, 11:17 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Playing through this, I couldn't help thinking how awesome the game would be in an open world setting with missions, exploring, dogfights, etc. All this talk about recreating Elite, and all these attempts at 3D universes and flight models, and here, look, this game, this is all you need. Just expand the content into an open world game and you have something stupidly special. Don't mean to imply that it wouldn't be an enormous amount of extra work, but the thing is, the key ingredient, the thing that's so difficult to get right is here in spades. Hmm. Just musing.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:31 PM
iPad 2

Can't wait for dl to finnish, raving reviews, and I already agree without having played. This should be longer
Old 01-24-2012, 01:20 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

+1..totally immersive even in that few mins of playing.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:53 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ97 View Post
im stuck on oo7 trying to get off the asteroid with the bombs
please help
i know i have to use the gravity but just cant get away from the bombs
This was tricky for my too. You had to launch off the asteroid and try to fly back toward the asteroid and to the right (going with the gravity) and you should pass close by it and kind of catapult yourself off it.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Omg! It can't end like that? Argh I want episode 2. :-)
Old 01-26-2012, 01:19 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Game Impressions

What a remakable and satisfying gem. I'm totally imersed in the game world. reminds me a bit of the old Ambrosia Software Escape Velocity, and Delta Tao Software's Spaceward Ho!
Old 01-30-2012, 10:09 AM

I enjoyed the physics in this game. Not too keen on the voice acting, would have been much happier with just subtitles. But that is personal opinion. I also find myself wondering how amazing this game would be with an open-world feel to it. Imagine going around mining astroids for upgrades to your ship. Having to be careful to stay out of dangerous areas with a full load of cargo, selling it for upgrades. Random astroids that will spawn interesting side quests, etc. Open World. I hope it happens.

Other than that... level 7, the second astroid... grrrrrrr.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:48 AM

Default Game Impressions

Wow. I am really, really impressed with this little game. Yes, the voices might be a tad cheesy at times, but overall I think it's a very well-written and well acted universe - the voices add a lot of atmosphere, and I think the game would be lacking without them. The gameplay is simple and fun, but varied enough to take advantage of the cool physics.

WHY hasn't TA featured this? I really hope that this sees a chapter 2.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:07 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rococoman View Post
Wow. I am really, really impressed with this little game. Yes, the voices might be a tad cheesy at times, but overall I think it's a very well-written and well acted universe - the voices add a lot of atmosphere, and I think the game would be lacking without them. The gameplay is simple and fun, but varied enough to take advantage of the cool physics.

WHY hasn't TA featured this? I really hope that this sees a chapter 2.
Well you got your wish It is on the front page right now.

So i'll bite... I am not a big fan of asteroids type games but everyone is speaking so highly of it I will leave my impressions soon-ish.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:48 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I just got this, thanks to the front page article. I've gotta say, it feels like I'd enjoy it much more with less narrative, a load of quick text objectives and a level select screen. Right now I'm getting about 50% gameplay and 50% speech, and the speech isn't nearly as entertaining as the gameplay. It's almost as though they're using the story to pad out what doesn't really amount to much action at all.

Had it been laid out somewhat similar to Lunarcy (Link), it could have been fantastic, because the gameplay is too old school to really warrant this new breed of interactive storytelling. I suggest that if they want to keep the narrative for the next episode, they have the characters speaking while you're completing an objective and not while you're sat on an asteroid for two minutes waiting impatiently for the story part to finish so that you can play.

It's still a decent game nonetheless, and I don't regret my purchase. I'm just somewhat disappointed because I love orbit-based physics games, but the App Store doesn't have many and this one could have been so much more.