★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Remedy: Death Rally profitable within 3 days of release

12-19-2011, 09:47 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Remedy: Death Rally profitable within 3 days of release

How did your iOS experiment with Death Rally go?

OH: 1.8 million players. Weve just released a beta of multiplayer, and well be introducing friends multiplayer so that you can actually invite your friends to a match. Previously it was just random but you can shoot up people online, which is cool. Its a lot more fun to shoot your friend in the ass, though! But yeah, its been a success.

Are you planning to release more on iOS?

SL: Death Rally was our first step into that direction, and Im sure that well do something else in the future as well.
OH: Theres a few really interesting channels that have emerged in the past couple of years or so, and weve taken the conscious decision to explore them. Death Rally was us exploring iOS, and it did quite well it recouped its development costs in three days, so that was like, Wow. The reception for it has been really good as well. The quality was there we used Mountain Sheep who have just released a new title as well. But yeah, it was really interesting to learn what goes on in that channel, how to work with Apple, which places you should be visible, and what players are expecting there what are their expectations for a $1? Is $3 too much? Is $5? It was a testing ground on all sides, in terms of gameplay, pricing, marketing a bit of everything, so it was an interesting learning curve.
Also read the Neogaf discussion here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456060
12-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Good for them I hope they'll develop even better games for iOS

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
12-19-2011, 11:46 AM
It's a great game and I'm glad they are making money on it. Definitely looking forward to their future games.
12-19-2011, 12:56 PM
its fun game. nice to know they're making money on it.

too many times you hear of devs hardly making money on great games.

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs