★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: BlastZone 2 is an action packed side scrolling shooter that will really get your adrenaline pumping!

This game requires at least an iPhone 3gs, 3rd Generation iPod Touch, or First Generation iPad or higher with iOS 4.0 or higher installed.

**Multiplayer coming soon! **

*Features include:
-2D controls, but with hazards and gameplay elements moving around in full 3D space
-Amazing 3D graphics!
-An 8 level campaign with cutscenes
-3 Survival modes, all of which with infinite scaling levels
-Difficulty levels designed for new players up to genre veterans so everyone can have fun
-4 expansive game play environments, such as mountains, caves, and outer space
-7 selectable ships, each with different stats and abilities
-6 weapon types and variations of them including beams and charge shots
-Hundreds of different enemy types, each with different behaviors and stats
-A Turbo mode for each of the survival modes for experienced gamers
-Additional levels and content to be released for free
-World Leaderboard support

*Exclusive iOS features:
-Apple Game Center Integration
-Achievements support and 47 achievements
-New control schemes: classic D-Pad, Accelerometer Tilt, Direct Touch positioning, and Relative Touch positioning
-An Auto-Fire option for easy firing controls
-Can't play through the whole game in one sitting? Your progress is automatically saved when you quit so you can resume it later!
-Choose between full performance mode or battery saving mode so you can play all day!
-Amazing 3D graphics that pushes your iOS device to the limits and takes advantage of the additional horsepower of the new iPhone 4s and iPad 2!

This game is also available on PC! Check out http://www.BlastZone2.com

EagleEye's comments:
Hey guys! I just released my game BlastZone 2 on the App Store! It is a really fun and intense side scrolling shooter with great 3D graphics and gameplay elements. Here is info for it:

http://www.BlastZone2.com

App Store link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blastzone-2/id485410644?mt=8

Lite Version:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blastzone-2-lite/id486376807?mt=8

This game requires at least an iPhone 3gs, 3rd Generation iPod Touch, or First Generation iPad or higher with iOS 5 installed.

[yt]Z00Q7PNN2gw[/yt]

12-19-2011, 12:11 PM

12-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Looks great but $4.99 ???? Think I'll wait
12-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Are you related to Sad Cat Software? That ship of yours looks exactly the same as the ship off their Ultraviolet Dawn.

12-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Nope, I am not related to Sad Cat Software at all. Although, I have a non-exclusive license to some of my ship models from a 3rd party studio. It seems they have licenses to some of the same models I do.

The current pricing strategy is based on the game containing 4 discrete game modes with lots of combinations of how to play the game, including ship styles and difficulty levels that really change how the game plays. The idea is that some other games start at a lower price, but end up becoming more expensive after buying all the DLC addons, while BlastZone 2 is the "complete package" with free additions being released over time.

Last edited by EagleEye; 12-19-2011 at 05:19 PM.
12-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Ah I see, that's quite an exciting piece of flying hardware that 3rd party designed

The price does feel a bit, uncomfortable I should say. I wouldn't mind purchasing it but the problem is, feedback from the community on the pricing issue would could cause fluctuations in the price of this game and I don't want to purchase the game to only find out it receives a price drop a few days (weeks) later.
I probably won't buy this game unless some kind of certainty on the price is assured. Are you willing to adjust it according to feedback, or staying put?
12-19-2011, 05:25 PM
That ship is neat looking isn't it?

I apologize for my choice of words on pricing and have edited my previous post appropriately. You can be certain this price wont change in the foreseeable future as this game provides a lot of value.
12-19-2011, 05:50 PM
I-Cade support?

I would buy this right now if it supported I-Cade controller.
12-19-2011, 07:18 PM
I just tried the lite version. This game has a lot going for it (graphics are very nice) but it needs a few things before I'll want to buy the full version.

Controls: Needs relative touch. All other control methods are irrelevant for this genre. Could also maybe use an auto shot feature as an option, perhaps with an on/off button.

Menus: The whole menu interface uses a virtual d-pad and buttons. It seems really strange to not be able to just tap my selection. It's a touch screen, use it.
The menu/help text is obviously taken directly from a pc or smartphone version and contains many keyboard references.
Finally, much of the menu text runs out the side of the blue menu box (on iPad2) which adds to the overall feeling of a hasty port.

Scoreboards/GC: Says scoreboards (and multiplayer) is coming in the description. I hope that means GC support, and achievements wouldn't hurt either.
12-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Right, definitely going to give this a go -
AFTER all the issues Royce mentioned are fixed.

I won't play shmups without relative touch. The whole virtual d-pad for menu selection thing does make the game sound like a hasty port that's unoptimized for iOS.