Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-22-2012, 12:34 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Hi

I just discovered the iPhone version of Kingdom Rush, and I'm a big fan of it.
As I also own an iPad, I would like to know if IAP (like heroes), and/or saved game could be transferred / synced between my devices ?
(As it isn't an universal game, I think it's not possible at all ... :/ )
Old 12-23-2012, 12:50 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Yeah, this does not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepmeep_ View Post
Hi

As I also own an iPad, I would like to know if IAP (like heroes), and/or saved game could be transferred / synced between my devices ?
Old 12-23-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepmeep_ View Post
Hi

Yup, this is a problem I had for a long, long time...to the point where I don't even play it on my phone anymore.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:25 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

This really is a wonderful tower defense game, perhaps the best I've every played (together with Defender Chronicles 2). But two aspects of the game continue to bother me:

1. The diamond/IAP items are a very fun addition, but since the maps are not balanced after these additional sources of damage, freeze, health and money, they make most of the game almost ridicously easy (even to the point of breaking the 1 life rule of the Iron Challenge). I understand that the devs want to make money from IAP, and therefore do not want to limit the use of shop items, but it would be nice if the challenges, at least, could prohibit their use.

(I can hear the cries already: "just don't use 'em!" But since the introduction of GC challenges (a very underhyped but brilliant function, one that allow for semi-competitive play even if single player games), one of my favourite ways to play is to aim for difficult achievements and high scores, and challenge my GC pals. The shop items make any such attempts kinda pointless.)

2. I know the devs have stated that they have no intention of implementing mid-mission saves, but I hope that they might reconsider (if they ever devote any more time to Kingdom Rush development). At the moment, Kingdom Rush is really a very bad fit for the mobile paradigm. With maps that range from 10 to 40 minutes without any way to save, I can rarely find the time to even play the quickest levels. I regularly find myself with a few minutes to spare and a desire to play Kingdom Rush, but never do, since I know that I will rarely have time to finish a level. All these occasions when the smartphone makes for such a great gaming device (on the bus, on the break, in Uni, in the flow and out and about), Kingdom Rush is excluded by virtue of its desktop-class level durations. It's for this reasons that most TD games with long levels (DC2, Bloons, Elf Defense, etc) include mid-level saves.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:11 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Hey everyone,
I've already tried googling the answer and I'm sure it's been asked here before but... How do I collect 50 stars? I played through the main levels on easy to begin with and collected 38 stars. After I thought I'd go through on normal but after beating the levels, I got no extra stars. Then I tried for achievements and still no more stars. So I gave those extra hard levels a go, the ones that recommend you don't attempt unless you know, you have 50 stars. And of course I get completely over run. The only way I can see myself get the stars that come with those levels is via gems atm. And even after I beat those levels, how on earth do I get 80 plus stars? Love the game but very frustrated at present. Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-04-2013, 11:48 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

You must get 3 stars on every level which will unlock 2 challenge levels and you have to complete them too.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:35 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Yep, I have 3 stars on all levels. Unlocked the challenge levels which all recommend having 50 stars before trying. I've tried the challenge levels on easy and been completely overwhelmed. So what I mean is, if the game suggests you have 50 stars prior to trying the challenge levels, then how is it possible to get them?
Old 01-05-2013, 12:25 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by splendidham View Post
Yep, I have 3 stars on all levels. Unlocked the challenge levels which all recommend having 50 stars before trying. I've tried the challenge levels on easy and been completely overwhelmed. So what I mean is, if the game suggests you have 50 stars prior to trying the challenge levels, then how is it possible to get them?
There are five stars available per level. You get one for completing Heroic Mode, and one for completing Iron Challenge.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:08 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Ah, got it. Cheers for that!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:03 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Dear TA community! Please vote for Kingdom Rush on Steam Greenlight , so we can enjoy it in 1080p on our Mac's and PC's. Thanks

Last edited by PraetorianX; 02-26-2013 at 11:11 AM..