Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-19-2011, 05:18 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Justin Smith's Realistic Summer Sports Simulator (Universal) By Blinkbat Games

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Old 12-19-2011, 05:27 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Holy crap, this is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Bravo.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:45 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

This is my pick for best sports game of 2011, I absolutely love it. These guys took a fairly boring game idea and turned it upside down with one of the oddest, coolest controls schemes ever.

Luckily this is four players as my kids are glued to it right now. FYI you get four events for .99 and you can buy 10 more for 1.99. I would be more than happy to pay more money if they update it with new events.

Track n Field Masterpiece.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:46 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Ok... I'm tempted even though the gameplay is a little...unclear.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:47 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
This is my pick for best sports game of 2011, I absolutely love it. These guys took a fairly boring game idea and turned it upside down with one of the oddest, coolest controls schemes ever.

Luckily this is four players as my kids are glued to it right now. FYI you get four events for .99 and you can buy 10 more for 1.99. I would be more than happy to pay more money if they update it with new events.

Track n Field Masterpiece.
So they lie in the app description? Because it clearly says 14 events with no mention of IAP.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:54 PM

Haha, I've been waiting to get my hands on this!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
So they lie in the app description? Because it clearly says 14 events with no mention of IAP.
I know the dev and have let him know of your concern. I'm sure it wasn't intentional.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rytrasmi View Post
I know the dev and have let him know of your concern. I'm sure it wasn't intentional.
Well, I was all set to pick this up otherwise. At the very least the description should be updated. Even then this would amount to borderline "paid lite" but at least it wouldn't feel like a swindle.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:08 PM

Picked up the game for the graphics and the "fun feel". You should know right off the bat that you get four games to start and then buy the others for 1.99. That might seem a lot for the style and graphics, but I was cool with it.

I'm going through it a little and it does seem fun, but the complete lack of any sort of tutorial or instructions is really frustrating. You can practice events, but I've found myself playing a game over a dozen times and still not knowing what it is really wanting me to do.

For instance, I'm assuming that the diving game needs me to land in the water head first, but it doesn't say that. I'm still not fully sure on how to throw the javelin.

But the game seems promising for the craziness of it. The events are quick and it almost has a "Wario Ware" feel to it.

If I can make a suggestion or two... Add a little text to tell us what we're trying to do and maybe a hint as to how to achieve it. Also, it would be nice to have more than one attempt at something in the "Games". It would be nice to be able to take your best attempt out of three on some events (diving as an example). Lastly... online play?

The game is pretty unforgiving especially since you only get the one shot and there are no instructions, but oddly enough I still find it enjoyable. I just know it could be better.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Well, I was all set to pick this up otherwise. At the very least the description should be updated. Even then this would amount to borderline "paid lite" but at least it wouldn't feel like a swindle.
He's changed the description. Thanks for pointing this out