App description: Compete in the ultimate test of strength! endurance! and skill!

For up 4 players!

Go for Gold in 15 events:
* Diving
* Javelin
* Equestrian
* 100m Dash
* Rowing
* Gymnastic Rings
* High Jump
* Pole Vault
* Weightlifting
* Swimming
* Racewalking
* Hammer Throw
* Cycling
* Archery
* Whitewater Slalom

goiMot's comments:


12-19-2011, 04:27 PM
#2
Holy crap, this is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Bravo.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms

12-19-2011, 04:45 PM
#3
This is my pick for best sports game of 2011, I absolutely love it. These guys took a fairly boring game idea and turned it upside down with one of the oddest, coolest controls schemes ever.

Luckily this is four players as my kids are glued to it right now. FYI you get four events for .99 and you can buy 10 more for 1.99. I would be more than happy to pay more money if they update it with new events.

Track n Field Masterpiece.
12-19-2011, 04:46 PM
#4
Ok... I'm tempted even though the gameplay is a little...unclear.
12-19-2011, 04:47 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
This is my pick for best sports game of 2011, I absolutely love it. These guys took a fairly boring game idea and turned it upside down with one of the oddest, coolest controls schemes ever.

Luckily this is four players as my kids are glued to it right now. FYI you get four events for .99 and you can buy 10 more for 1.99. I would be more than happy to pay more money if they update it with new events.

Track n Field Masterpiece.
So they lie in the app description? Because it clearly says 14 events with no mention of IAP.
12-19-2011, 04:54 PM
#6
Haha, I've been waiting to get my hands on this!

KingHunt - The Next Generation Slicing Game Lead designer
Bike Baron artist & co-creator
Minigore artist & co-creator
Ice Rage artist & co-creator
Death Rally game designer
12-19-2011, 04:56 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
So they lie in the app description? Because it clearly says 14 events with no mention of IAP.
I know the dev and have let him know of your concern. I'm sure it wasn't intentional.
12-19-2011, 05:02 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rytrasmi View Post
I know the dev and have let him know of your concern. I'm sure it wasn't intentional.
Well, I was all set to pick this up otherwise. At the very least the description should be updated. Even then this would amount to borderline "paid lite" but at least it wouldn't feel like a swindle.
12-19-2011, 05:08 PM
#9
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 536
Picked up the game for the graphics and the "fun feel". You should know right off the bat that you get four games to start and then buy the others for 1.99. That might seem a lot for the style and graphics, but I was cool with it.

I'm going through it a little and it does seem fun, but the complete lack of any sort of tutorial or instructions is really frustrating. You can practice events, but I've found myself playing a game over a dozen times and still not knowing what it is really wanting me to do.

For instance, I'm assuming that the diving game needs me to land in the water head first, but it doesn't say that. I'm still not fully sure on how to throw the javelin.

But the game seems promising for the craziness of it. The events are quick and it almost has a "Wario Ware" feel to it.

If I can make a suggestion or two... Add a little text to tell us what we're trying to do and maybe a hint as to how to achieve it. Also, it would be nice to have more than one attempt at something in the "Games". It would be nice to be able to take your best attempt out of three on some events (diving as an example). Lastly... online play?

The game is pretty unforgiving especially since you only get the one shot and there are no instructions, but oddly enough I still find it enjoyable. I just know it could be better.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
12-19-2011, 05:27 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Well, I was all set to pick this up otherwise. At the very least the description should be updated. Even then this would amount to borderline "paid lite" but at least it wouldn't feel like a swindle.
He's changed the description. Thanks for pointing this out