Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 05-20-2012, 10:38 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

i couldn't get odie's stunt park to work, i think i even got the wrong files it was a 70mb download (for a map? o.O)... idk i think i messed it up, switching back to the small changes, they worked. (BTW, the only map that works so far is the small bridge connection between all islands)

is it possible that you can get me the files for odie's stunt park? that'll be great!

Last edited by thirstydude; 05-20-2012 at 10:44 AM..
Old 05-20-2012, 11:00 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Thankyou to those who have chosen to take up the baton and run with it...time is very limited for me and my new family, as is my net connection at the present. I look forward to some of your new .img files.

One thing I keep noticing is the mention of random crashes with custom cars (or mods). This is usually caused because of the ram limitation of iPhones/iPads and especially iTouches. Remember that even the iPhone 4S only has 512Mb ram and 1/3 of that is used up by the OS and background tasks.

So although there is a poly count limitation aswell, the ram is causing most of the problems that certain devices are experiencing. My advice would be to make an .img file just for the new iPad A5x (most ram 1Gb) and include as many customs as the device can cope with. Create a separate .img file for the A5 devices (iPhone 4S & iPad 2 - 512Mb ram) and one for the iPhone 4, iPad and below (these have the least processing power).

Also don't forget that altering the .set files for added effects also adds to the ram & processor, leaving less for the customs to be rendered...

K0N3
Old 05-20-2012, 01:19 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0N3 View Post

Also don't forget that altering the .set files for added effects also adds to the ram & processor, leaving less for the customs to be rendered...

K0N3
Thanks K0N3. I'm actually pretty newbie at fiddling with the .set file, unfortunately. It was a five minute task just to enable AA...anyone have some basic guidelines for using the hex editor to change the .set? I would really appreciate it.

As for the cars, does anyone by any chance know the poly limit?

--------Maps-----

At the moment they're off my radar. Currently I'm going to be working on the img file. Hopefully I can get that up this coming up weekend.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:12 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

old post.. keep scrolling!

Last edited by thirstydude; 05-20-2012 at 03:56 PM..
Old 05-20-2012, 03:42 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GTA III iOS Mods

gta3.set and other files --> Basically JBRUU's work, i just enabled Anti Aliasing so it looks way better on the iPad 3. I also added JBRUU's handling file.

Contains:
Max. Settings, Uncut Patch, Leaves and Papers on the Ground, new lightning and easier Dodo steering. (As I said, kudos to JBRUU!)

gta3.img--> This is what I edited with various cars and maps.

Contains:

Banshee --> Lamborghini Murcielago
Kuruma --> Alfa 156
Stinger --> Dodge Viper
Infernus --> Lamborghini Countach
Cheetah --> Porsche Carrera GT
Sentinel --> BMW 760 Li

MAPS:
- Bridge Connection between the cites and
- A high stairway to the top of the hospital in the second city and
- Ghost town bridge connection!
(kudos to the makers of those maps!)

here are the links:
(choose the link you want and download the .zip, unzip and simply drag and drop the files into the gtaIII folder via iexplorer or any iOS browser you want to use.)

MIRROR 1
https://rapidshare.com/files/1798422...hirstydude.zip

MIRROR 2
http://www.4shared.com/zip/nayOHt5I/...irstydud.html?

I'm not done with this files, i want to add more as the week passes by, with the iPad 3 jailbreak coming in a few days i'll be definitely playing around with GTA III's files even more.

Future plans so far:
- include stunt parks
- include orbital city OR interstate highway
- make a "perfect" .img file with every car replaced with a high quality one
(i hope i can count on JBRUU's help here )

THESE FILES ARE ONLY CONFIRMED TO WORK FLAWLESSLY AND CRASHFREE ON THE iPAD3!
Other iOS Devices MAY work, but i only tested the iPad 3. But with highest possible resolution, high poly cars and other graphical improvements (even AA) i think the iPad3 (A5X) and likely the iPhone 4S / iPad2 (A5) are the only devices which can run this preset at smooth frame rates.

Have Fun!

PS: JBRUU, could you make a particles.cfg for me without the extra smoke? i really want the new reflection system and all but the extended smoke really drops the fps on the new iPad3 when driving around and randomly crashing my car into a wall or having an "argument" with another driver ingame :P so i decided to stay with the original particles.cfg.

Last edited by thirstydude; 05-20-2012 at 04:04 PM..
Old 05-20-2012, 04:25 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstydude View Post

GTA III iOS Mods

gta3.set and other files --> Basically JBRUU's work, i just enabled Anti Aliasing so it looks way better on the iPad 3. I also added JBRUU's handling file.

Contains:
Max. Settings, Uncut Patch, Leaves and Papers on the Ground, new lightning and easier Dodo steering. (As I said, kudos to JBRUU!)

gta3.img--> This is what I edited with various cars and maps.

Contains:

Banshee --> Lamborghini Murcielago
Kuruma --> Alfa 156
Stinger --> Dodge Viper
Infernus --> Lamborghini Countach
Cheetah --> Porsche Carrera GT
Sentinel --> BMW 760 Li

MAPS:
- Bridge Connection between the cites and
- A high stairway to the top of the hospital in the second city and
- Ghost town bridge connection!
(kudos to the makers of those maps!)

PS: JBRUU, could you make a particles.cfg for me without the extra smoke? i really want the new reflection system and all but the extended smoke really drops the fps on the new iPad3 when driving around and randomly crashing my car into a wall or having an "argument" with another driver ingame :P so i decided to stay with the original particles.cfg.

I think you can disable the smoke in the .set file. Unfortunately, I'm familiar with everything but modding that...so I'm afraid you're on your own there. The only files that are my own are the handling, the rest I merely download, tested and compiled.

I'm actually really surprised you're getting a low fps with the smoke-I notice a slight drop but nothing like nova 3.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:53 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
I think you can disable the smoke in the .set file. Unfortunately, I'm familiar with everything but modding that...so I'm afraid you're on your own there. The only files that are my own are the handling, the rest I merely download, tested and compiled.

I'm actually really surprised you're getting a low fps with the smoke-I notice a slight drop but nothing like nova 3.
Yeah, there actually is a slight drop, but when i'm done with my mod, everything should be playable at a smooth framerate. The smoke setting actually is inside the particle.cfg, but i don't really know how to modify this one... although, i'll give it a try now!

Last edited by thirstydude; 05-20-2012 at 04:57 PM..
Old 05-20-2012, 05:04 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Yeah, there actually is a slight drop, but when i'm done with my mod, everything should be playable at a smooth framerate. The smoke setting actually is inside the particle.cfg, but i don't really know how to modify this one... although, i'll give it a try now!
use notepad, just like the handling
Old 05-20-2012, 05:21 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
use notepad, just like the handling
i did it, actually it was quite easy. i removed the uber tire smoke and reduced it so it doesn't eat my fps but still looks pretty neat. (Basically not that tiny-ass smoke as in original game neither the uber smoke setting, i'm exactly in the middle so it looks awesome and doesn't eat fps away!) I'll include the fixed file in my complete mod!

Last edited by thirstydude; 05-20-2012 at 05:52 PM..
Old 05-20-2012, 07:48 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
i did it, actually it was quite easy. i removed the uber tire smoke and reduced it so it doesn't eat my fps but still looks pretty neat. (Basically not that tiny-ass smoke as in original game neither the uber smoke setting, i'm exactly in the middle so it looks awesome and doesn't eat fps away!) I'll include the fixed file in my complete mod!
Nice!
Made some progress on the .img today, too. hard, though, because 60% of modded cars don't load.

Found some nice ones, though.