★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Heroki 2.5D Action/Adventure Platformer

12-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Heroki 2.5D Action/Adventure Platformer (Published by SEGA)

Hello there!

We're Picomy, a gamestudio based in the Netherlands and we've been working on Heroki since 2010 (That's 4.5 years already... It's insane how fast time flies)

Heroki what?
In short: Heroki is a young propeller-headed boy who’s chosen to save his village high above the sky. In search of the stolen magic element from his village, Heroki embarks a great adventure through several worlds full of exploration and great challenges.

To be more genre specific: An adventure game with lots of platform and RPG elements.

What can we expect from Heroki?
A very high quallity and unique experience we like to compare with games we truly love. I'm looking at you Zelda, Mario, DK, Kirby, Sonic, Rayman - the good stuff

Disclaimer: At least, that's our aim in terms of quality.

After a year in the production, we we're contacted by SEGA to publish the game and so we agreed. The game is scheduled to be released very very soon and will be premium priced, without any iAP.

Please have a look at the final product, as many more updates will follow on here the frontpage:

Link to the old teaser trailer back in 2011

Follow, like, share, see, write and eat:
www.blog.picomy.com
www.twitter.com/picomy
www.facebook.com/picomy

Last edited by Picomy; 02-25-2015 at 03:27 PM.
12-19-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm very curious to see some gameplay and screenshots! The trailer has pretty sweet graphics
I don't know why but the video reminded me Zack & Wiki on Wii.

12-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Color me intrigued .
12-19-2011, 06:03 PM
pretty freaking cool trailer guys! keep us informed

Saving money for:
Jelly Car 3, League of evil, NBA JAM, Battleheart, Miss Claire Garden, Race after 1977 and Bug Heroes
12-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Very colorful art style from what I can tell. I'll be looking forward to seeing more of this game in the future.
12-20-2011, 12:26 AM
Can't wait for gameplay because that art got me very excited

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
12-20-2011, 01:40 AM
Very nice! But the poor birds. You should make the birds look more evil, so that people won't feel sad, when you smash them. They look too cute right now!
12-20-2011, 02:01 AM
Very interested to see some gameplay. Glad to hear you've been trying to perfect the controls and make it easily accessible. I tend to be very finicky when it comes to control, so I'm excited to see what you've come up with.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
12-20-2011, 03:20 AM
^Same here but i'm nervous. I love platform games and i've got about 50 on my ipod, the basic button controls work fine, worried when someone comes up with some new fangled idea which lots of other companies who have done successful platforming games havent used. Hopefully theres an option.

Its a platform game so surely there should be onscreen buttons, hope its not tilt/swipe.

Love the look of this game from the trailer but want to see some proper games action and of course want to see the controls. Seen way too many control schemes ruin iOS games, nervous about this one !
12-20-2011, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
^Same here but i'm nervous. I love platform games and i've got about 50 on my ipod, the basic button controls work fine, worried when someone comes up with some new fangled idea which lots of other companies who have done successful platforming games havent used. Hopefully theres an option.

Its a platform game so surely there should be onscreen buttons, hope its not tilt/swipe.

Love the look of this game from the trailer but want to see some proper games action and of course want to see the controls. Seen way too many control schemes ruin iOS games, nervous about this one !
^True!

Actually, with last weeks releases, I could've made a whole section on fangled control schemes. Personally, I think options is key unless you happen to make the "be all and end all" control scheme.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus